BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Madonna ● Through the decade
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 10th December 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

January 2012 - Madonna attends the UK premiere of her film W.E.

Whilst in the UK, Madonna appeared on the Graham Norton Show to promote the film alongside its leading stars James D'Arcy and Andrea Riseborough. Madonna also talked about new music, revealing the album title MDNA.

Madonna also attended the Golden Globes this month, where she won the award for Best Original Song with 'Masterpiece', notably beating rival Elton John.

In another interview talking about her current projects, Madonna was asked her opinion on Lady Gaga and the similarities between 'Born This Way' and 'Express Yourself'.

It feels... reductive.

Is that good or bad?

Look it up.
smoke.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 14th December 2019, 11:38 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

February 2012 - The music video for 'Give Me All Your Lovin'' was teased during a commercial break for American Idol, with a full video premiere following the next day to coincide with the single release. Featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. as cheerleaders, the video plays on the themes of the Super Bowl where Madonna would perform the song for the first time.

Madonna performed at the Super Bowl XLVI halftime show, having turned down appearances in 1998 and 2000. She reunited with longtime choreographer Jamie King and enlisted multimedia-show producer Moment Factory to put on the biggest show possible. Four songs were performed - 'Vogue', 'Music', 'Give Me All Your Lovin'' and 'Like a Prayer - with LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and Cee-Lo Green joining her on stage. The halftime show was received the highest viewing figures ever, even bigger than the main show itself.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 14th December 2019, 11:53 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Some of my favourite Madonna looks this decade in the post at the top of the page - the MDNA era may have been a mess but her style in the lead up was absolutely spot on.

The Graham Norton Show interview is fab, she gets more comfortable as it progresses and I love her humour. The part where James and Andrea recreate that Hungarian translated interview is hilarious! A shame she didn't seem to come across as easily in her more recent appearance.

The "reductive"/"look it up" comment is surely a contender for Madonna moment of the decade? It's more tongue-n-cheek than genuine shade, certainly made the Gaga/Madonna feud more 'interesting' if the media insisted in pursuing it.

Madonna's Super Bowl performance is such a showstopper! 'Vogue' is my favourite with the Egyptian theme and the multi-media screens. It started the MDNA era on a huge high, such a shame she failed to follow it up by revealing there would be no further promotion aside from the Jimmy Fallon Facebook interview.

For what it is, 'Give Me All Your Lovin'' is quite fun and I wouldn't have minded it if it was just a buzz-style release for the Super Bowl, but releasing it as lead single was a mistake. It just came across as juvenile at the time and is greatly responsible for Madonna's radio snub - I remember the buzz of Capital getting the first worldwide play or something like that; the mild reception to the song after such a scoop probably didn't help matters.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 15th December 2019, 10:42 PM
Post #24
Group icon
User: 13,007

I've never watched W.E. am I a bad fan?

+Quote this post
vibe
post 16th December 2019, 07:11 AM