BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'I Am' • Fifth Album (Part II)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Scene
post Oct 18 2015, 12:31 AM
Post #21
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
QUOTE(Dmdr @ Oct 18 2015, 01:26 AM) *
smile.gif

This makes sense to me to be honest, for these reasons,

1. The album isn't making money, this has a video, so saves them shelling out on a video.
2. It keeps her in the AC lane, they will presumably want to be establishing, and perfectly fits her major supporters Radio 2.
3. She actually nails this live, a must when you have a tour to sell.

I just hope she'll have plenty of TV promo booked in November/December.

Completely agree and

4. It is doing well on streaming already so that side of things shouldn't drag the song down like it did FUMF.

The only downside of ALS not being the next single is I thought there might be a slight chance of Capital supporting ALS (if the Jingle Ball thing is true) whereas I find it hard to believe that 'Thunder' would appeal to them or Radio 1.

I still think there should be an alternate single mix with a guest rapper on to get it doing well on Urban and Top 40 radio in the US as well as appealing to Radio 1/Capital in the UK. Who cares if it isn't as good as the original version when she's getting her music out there to a big audience? tongue.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Oct 18 2015, 12:42 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,348
QUOTE(Scene @ Oct 18 2015, 01:31 AM) *
Completely agree and

4. It is doing well on streaming already so that side of things shouldn't drag the song down like it did FUMF.

The only downside of ALS not being the next single is I thought there might be a slight chance of Capital supporting ALS (if the Jingle Ball thing is true) whereas I find it hard to believe that 'Thunder' would appeal to them or Radio 1.

I still think there should be an alternate single mix with a guest rapper on to get it doing well on Urban and Top 40 radio in the US as well as appealing to Radio 1/Capital in the UK. Who cares if it isn't as good as the original version when she's getting her music out there to a big audience? tongue.gif

Good point about streaming, it was removed today from the Today's Top Hits playlist though, which had over 6million listeners, so that will no doubt hurt it, but if it really is a UK single I am sure it will get added to new playlists again closer to its release date.

I agree about the guest rapper, I think tempo wise Thunder could work on Capital, but it would need a current feature on it to really appeal to them.

+Quote this post
post Oct 18 2015, 10:48 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
QUOTE(Soeplepel @ Oct 17 2015, 06:24 PM) *
Is it a 'new release' though? It's a latest release cause they're released month ago. How is this in any way 'pretend the era' didn't happening. You're reaching way too far once again.

Can you try be respectful please, I was just confused why'd they'd take the latest era off the top part as it's excellent streaming promo. There is no need for rude comments like that towards other members.

Thunder is a better choice than ALS so I'm glad about that but I still do think there are better songs to sell the album. I don't think there was ever a chance of Leona getting Capital support again (unless somehow she manages a huge hit without them) - when I asked my friend at Capital if Leona was doing the ball, he was somewhat confused.

I'll be looking out for TV performances on the winter schedule now, as I really want a Q4 performance for the album. Island managed to get a Strictly performance for Will, which so hopefully they can do the same for Leona, though his album has sold quite well so maybe he has a bit more budget.

+Quote this post
Scene
post Oct 18 2015, 11:30 AM
Post #24
Group icon
QUOTE(Joe. @ Oct 18 2015, 11:48 AM) *
I'll be looking out for TV performances on the winter schedule now, as I really want a Q4 performance for the album. Island managed to get a Strictly performance for Will, which so hopefully they can do the same for Leona, though his album has sold quite well so maybe he has a bit more budget.

I think regardless of budget, Island should take a risk and spend a bit on some big promo. If Capital/Heart/Radio 1 aren't supporting Leona's new music, the only way to get big numbers for the album (and singles) is for top class TV promo. I don't really follow the "Strictly effect" if there is one but I'd assume a performance on the show impacts the albums chart? Plus I'm sure there'd be a lot of press around Leona doing Strictly "Former X Factor winner snubs show for BBC Rival". laugh.gif I honestly believe that if Leona bagged some big TV promo in Q4 and sang the right songs with the passion she had at that recent gig, it would all have a great impact on her record sales.

+Quote this post
Soeplepel
post Oct 18 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,313
QUOTE(Joe. @ Oct 18 2015, 10:48 AM) *
Can you try be respectful please, I was just confused why'd they'd take the latest era off the top part as it's excellent streaming promo. There is no need for rude comments like that towards other members.

Thunder is a better choice than ALS so I'm glad about that but I still do think there are better songs to sell the album. I don't think there was ever a chance of Leona getting Capital support again (unless somehow she manages a huge hit without them) - when I asked my friend at Capital if Leona was doing the ball, he was somewhat confused.

Lol good luck in life if you found that "rude" or "disrespectul" rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Oct 18 2015, 11:51 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Thunder miht do better in UK than US tbh, but still won't save ha.

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Oct 18 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Bleeding Love, Stay With Me and Thunder live last night at Dirty Martini.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1vOxwnYwVZEJB

+Quote this post
post Oct 18 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Scene @ Oct 18 2015, 12:30 PM) *
I think regardless of budget, Island should take a risk and spend a bit on some big promo. If Capital/Heart/Radio 1 aren't supporting Leona's new music, the only way to get big numbers for the album (and singles) is for top class TV promo. I don't really follow the "Strictly effect" if there is one but I'd assume a performance on the show impacts the albums chart? Plus I'm sure there'd be a lot of press around Leona doing Strictly "Former X Factor winner snubs show for BBC Rival". laugh.gif I honestly believe that if Leona bagged some big TV promo in Q4 and sang the right songs with the passion she had at that recent gig, it would all have a great impact on her record sales.

Strictly does have quite a big impact on albums, depending on the performance, it can be just as decent a boost as X Factor. I'm not sure if she'll get X Factor but Strictly will be a great backup! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Soeplepel @ Oct 18 2015, 12:34 PM) *
Lol good luck in life if you found that "rude" or "disrespectul" rotf.gif

Seriously - What is the need in saying things like that? The only ROFL is your spelling of 'disrespectful' tongue.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Oct 18 2015, 01:16 PM
Post #29
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
I'm not sure if Island will take a risk on Leona now.

The album is out of the top 100 and the campaign is dead, ' I Am (Single) could not even go top 200 what is appalling considering it's reasonable airplay performance. It Seems 'Another Love Song' will be the next single but I'm not sure how that will go on Strictly?

+Quote this post
Soeplepel
post Oct 18 2015, 03:42 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
QUOTE(TeamLaurenFroot @ Oct 18 2015, 01:16 PM) *

The album is out of the top 100 and the campaign is dead, ' I Am (Single) could not even go top 200 what is appalling considering it's reasonable airplay performance. It Seems 'Another Love Song' will be the next single but I'm not sure how that will go on Strictly?

I Am didn't go top 200 because:

1) It was an on air release
2) It had one performance

Do you really think Island expected lots of sales by giving her one tv slot and after an underperforming lead single? They know exactly how I Am would do.

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Oct 18 2015, 04:08 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(TeamLaurenFroot @ Oct 18 2015, 02:16 PM) *

Did you not read the last page or so, Music Week has Thunder listed as a single released on November 13th, much more suited to the likes of Strictly and Radio 2 her only real major supporter.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Oct 18 2015, 04:08 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
I agree with Lee, I Am should really have managed top 200 with the airplay it had. Carrie Underwood, who has a much lower UK profile than Leona, managed to sneak one or two top 200 singles thanks to Radio 2 airplay and her singles are always On Air/On Sale here, even when everyone else's weren't which put her at even more of a disadvantage in the past.

To be fair though it did get quite close to the top 100 on iTunes so it didn't completely fly under the radar like Lovebird, but if this song is strong enough then radio 2 airplay should guarantee a top 200 chart position - and in my opinion I Am was a poor single choice.

+Quote this post
GTH
post Oct 18 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Gareth T H
User: 10,597
Personally, I don't think I Am would have done much better if the video had been released, or even with a couple more performances (sure top 200, but would have struggled with top 100). Thunder is a strong track (not the strongest on the album but certainly more accessible than I Am), so if it gets the same level of radio support and a good few performance slots, I see no reason it can't go top 75. Think the main thing with Thunder as a single is increasing those album sales. That is what Leona seriously needs right now. Even Glassheart went silver.

+Quote this post
Scene
post Oct 19 2015, 04:52 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Leona's management really need to bring it with TV promo this Autumn:

The X Factor
Strictly Come Dancing
BBC Music Awards
Children In Need
Pride Of Britain Awards
The Graham Norton Show
Alan Carr's Chatty Man
The Jonathan Ross Show
Text Santa
The Paul O'Grady Show

+Quote this post
post Oct 19 2015, 05:38 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Charted at 172 last week, currently 180 in mids, but streaming is largely missing.

+Quote this post
Hagarthy
post Oct 19 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,833
Anyone know why DJ has failed to send a song to Top 40 so far? It feels like it has been a huge missing piece of the puzzle with her US promo so far. I don't believe it's even typical when releasing with a major label. What is the excuse or reason for delay? I'm just curious. I really don't get the essence of any of their promotion so far - the radio tours, and concert performances, etc. It's not like they are so high-impact. Don't most of those videos have views in the hundreds to low thousands? I've really feared that DJ are really stringing her along and have not concrete plans or see her as very low priority. The booked gigs are merely to rub wool over her eyes about them doing something, when in truth, their executive are of a completely different opinion recovering the situation. Why, oh, why - and when has it ever happened - that a major POP artiste only released a song on one format...and then left things at that?

+Quote this post
tommie
post Oct 26 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
QUOTE(Hagarthy @ Oct 19 2015, 07:29 PM) *
Anyone know why DJ has failed to send a song to Top 40 so far? It feels like it has been a huge missing piece of the puzzle with her US promo so far. I don't believe it's even typical when releasing with a major label. What is the excuse or reason for delay? I'm just curious. I really don't get the essence of any of their promotion so far - the radio tours, and concert performances, etc. It's not like they are so high-impact. Don't most of those videos have views in the hundreds to low thousands? I've really feared that DJ are really stringing her along and have not concrete plans or see her as very low priority. The booked gigs are merely to rub wool over her eyes about them doing something, when in truth, their executive are of a completely different opinion recovering the situation. Why, oh, why - and when has it ever happened - that a major POP artiste only released a song on one format...and then left things at that?

There have been times when they consciously wait to send a track out to the top 40/pop at times because they feel/believe that they would be more likely to take it on after it's a hit on other format - sometimes they won't even bother to even do that, because they feel pop radio will reject a track (see a lot of urban, R&B and adult contemporary). So they might just not send out Thunder to pop at all as they feel it won't have an impact on pop radio.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Oct 27 2015, 10:54 AM
Post #38
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
QUOTE(Scene @ Oct 19 2015, 05:52 PM) *
Leona's management really need to bring it with TV promo this Autumn:

The X Factor
Strictly Come Dancing
BBC Music Awards
Children In Need
Pride Of Britain Awards
The Graham Norton Show
Alan Carr's Chatty Man
The Jonathan Ross Show
Text Santa
The Paul O'Grady Show

Chances are, people won't want her on, no matter how hard they try.

+Quote this post
Soeplepel
post Oct 27 2015, 12:36 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
QUOTE(Regina @ Oct 27 2015, 10:54 AM) *
Chances are, people won't want her on, no matter how hard they try.

Nobody wants you here, yet you're still here. Guess Leona doesn't have to try that hard.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Oct 27 2015, 03:28 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:27 AM