BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fear The Walking Dead, Season 7
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jacob-
post Apr 27 2016, 11:40 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664
Fear The Floating Walking Dead is back! I've watched the first three episodes (ones that have aired) and it's getting pretty good, especially episode 3.

Strand is turning out to be such a cold, brutal, devious character, yet I still kind of like him. laugh.gif

Is anyone else watching Season 2?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post Apr 27 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Yeah I'm watching it, but in a faintly dis-interested way. It's ok but has so far managed to avoid all the great ideas the premise suggested

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post Apr 27 2016, 11:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664
Oh yeah it still feels like it's just building up to something and I miss the original premise presented in season 1 of "watch how it all starts", what I'm really interested in is what kind of establishments if any survive the initial apocalypse, we've had hints of it so far with finding out what happens to a few named cities but not much more than that. As the timeline progresses it's going to become more like the main show just with different characters, situations and locations. Regardless, I liked the last episode a lot and I'm not going to complain about more Walking Dead, it's held my attention well so far.

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: Apr 27 2016, 11:06 PM

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Apr 28 2016, 10:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
Yea I'm watching it weekly! I'm disappointed about the slow pace, I thought with it being the second season and there being more episodes it would be quicker going than season one, although I am starting to form more rounded opinions on the characters now. The more the season goes on the more I hate Travis and Maddie laugh.gif Living for Strand, Alicia and Nick though! I need more Ofelia, I really want to see her interacting with Nick and Alicia more. I think Chris is a bit of a non-entity, he's not really crucial to the story, and after his mum dying he seems kind of purposeless. Daniel is growing on me a lot too, the way he's so blunt about everything is great :')

Episode 2 was really dull, nothing really progressed but this weeks episode was good, I enjoyed all the beach scenes and then the dead attacking ohmy.gif I have to say I'm enjoying the boat set up a lot more, it's not limiting the plot at all as they're stopping off places etc, plus all the central characters are together more often so there's lots of potential there and I feel like after episode 3 the season has a clearer direction now, so I expect it to get even better biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jun 18 2016, 09:29 PM
Post #5
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
I realized Strand was gay the moment I saw their chemistry during the first scene at the bar. I mean come on.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Jun 18 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
QUOTE(🍑💦🍌 @ Jun 19 2016, 12:29 AM) *
I realized Strand was gay the moment I saw their chemistry during the first scene at the bar. I mean come on.

Same here, I thought they'd have sex when Strand got him drunk.

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jun 19 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Mansonette
I don't think it was meant to be a surprise.

Personally, the fact that Strand is gay and absolutely no one gives a damn or even mentions it, is one of the best things about the show.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jun 19 2016, 09:29 PM
Post #8
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
QUOTE(Severin @ Jun 19 2016, 11:37 PM) *
I don't think it was meant to be a surprise.

Personally, the fact that Strand is gay and absolutely no one gives a damn or even mentions it, is one of the best things about the show.

Yes! It's exactly how this is supposed to be really. I wish we could finally see that in TWD. a main gay character (or a couple that doesn't die within a season) there would feel nice. But I guess TWD have much more to lose than FTWD by introducing a character potentially harmful for the show.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Aug 24 2016, 02:06 PM
Post #9
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
So this is back unsure.gif

That episode was really boring though, just following Nick around half dead for the entire duration of it laugh.gif I liked it enough though, the flashbacks were cool to see but it didn't half drag but I'm already feeling as though Luci is a character I can really grow to love wub.gif

ALICIA AND OFELIA SCENES NEXT WEEK dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif

+Quote this post
Severin
post Aug 30 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Mansonette
The problem with this show is it has now stopped trying to be different to TWD and is now simply repeating plots, scenes and even character elements from its parent show, including all the mistakes that made although, admittedly it occasionally has its moments.
TWD got through some shaky periods and we are now invested in it as an audience but we really don't need to go through it all again (literally in some aspects) with characters we care less about.
Hence the show is haemorrhaging viewers at a such a rate that it'll have to do something special to prevent being cancelled after next season.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Aug 30 2016, 09:47 PM
Post #11
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
I've not seen TWD so I can't say anything about it repeating elements but I'm liking what they're doing with the characters at the moment, I just wish they'd done it sooner as it does drag a lot which is my only annoyance with the series. I really don't see the significance of the first episode after the break where it was literally all just Nick though, like the only development we got was him almost dying and then meeting Luci and all of those people but that could easily have been done within the same episode as this weeks. Looking forward to seeing how Alycia deals with being the sort of 'leader' of their group now since that's seemingly what they're setting her up as now that Strand is grieving and just doesn't have the same drive to get anywhere now that Tom is gone and he's got nowhere he actually needs to be and Madison is effectively grieving too but in a different way of course for Nick and Travis and trying to come to terms with the fact she'll probably never see them again. I predict the finale episode will be their reunion though. Ofelia's now lost everything really and you can tell she's the least hopeful of them all, especially without her dad now. I think they've made the character dynamics pretty interesting atm and there's a lot of potential with them, especially between Alycia and Ofelia I think, that scene where they were talking about the man who killed himself is quite possibly the best one so far, what great actresses tbh *.*

+Quote this post
Severin
post Sep 6 2016, 08:35 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Mansonette
Best moment of this weeks episode is watching Travis 'steal' a car by smashing the window, only to casually open the door without needing to reach inside.

Nearly spat my drink out!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 6 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #13
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
QUOTE(Severin @ Sep 6 2016, 09:35 PM) *
Best moment of this weeks episode is watching Travis 'steal' a car by smashing the window, only to casually open the door without needing to reach inside.

Nearly spat my drink out!

omg I didn't even notice that!!! laugh.gif Travis is such a dull character, tbh Chris should just go with that group of guys and Travis can hide away in that barn himself. I feel like Travis and Maddison are the dead wood when it comes to the characters, we're two seasons in and they've barely developed at all. Where the hell is Ofelia though?! Like I think we're supposed to think she jumped but I doubt they'd kill her off at this point just as they've got her going in an interesting direction plot-wise but idk how she could have hidden when Elena was going through all the rooms etc unsure.gif

ALICIA WITH THAT KNIFE THO

This post has been edited by Lindsey⚙: Sep 6 2016, 09:07 PM

+Quote this post
Severin
post Sep 6 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Mansonette
Alicia and Nick are the only half decent characters in it, although if Chris was written better and with a better actor he could be interesting eventually.

Mind you, they could all do with being written better.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 7 2016, 12:34 PM
Post #15
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Yea that's what's kinda frustrating because I can see the potential in each of them and the direction they're trying to go in but a lot of the time the writers just aren't hitting the mark. I think Frank Dillane and Alycia Debnam-Carey are the best actors of the show which is why their characters have a bit more dimension to them, I think Mercedes Mason is a good actress as well but has had far less opportunities to showcase that sad.gif

This post has been edited by Lindsey⚙: Sep 7 2016, 12:35 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Sep 10 2016, 10:26 PM
Post #16
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Gah, this show is pretty frustrating. I completely agree, the sloppy writing & pacing issues is letting it down. It's weird, because while the pace of each episode seems pretty slow, in actuality across the two seasons they've really sped through numerous settings and scenarios. I feel like the balance is kind of off. It's hard to explain, but I think it boils down to the characters not really getting up to very much in each place they occupy. laugh.gif

Too many stupid things happen that artificially lead the characters into perilous situations. Getting drunk and loudly playing the piano; are Madison/Strand really still at the stage that they feel it's safe to let their guard down that easily? That bandit guy fumbling around for the bullets he dropped & subsequently getting eaten by a slow-moving herd of walkers... instead of legging it back to his vehicle which was only a few metres away? drama.gif

Sometimes FTWD relies on cheap cliff hangers... like, we know full well that Madison & Strand were going to get out of that seemingly impossible situation, so there was really no need to tease that one for a whole episode. Then not even showing how they managed it. Tut!

I feel that the show has so far lacked a decent villain / dangerous circumstance that can really grip us as an audience & root for these characters. I'm not here for Chris being moulded into one. The pirate group seemed like they had potential to be... until they arrived and were easily overcome. I quite liked the general idea of the group being in danger while on the Abigail, but this wasn't fully realised. I don't think anything has happened so far which makes this group seem in real danger, so that's quite a shortcoming. I think I'd have liked Alex (the female plane survivor) to have been more of a threat than she ultimately was. She was literally spurned by the group... I think her wanting to seek revenge would have been interesting in a "who really are the good guys in this show?" sort of way. You could empathise with her for being rejected and left to die, but also with the protagonists for looking out for themselves & not thinking it wise to take chances on strangers (with Madison being divided between what she feels is right and wrong~).

One thing I'm pleased about is that Alicia finally seems to be coming into her own. *.* I know I shouldn't be comparing the character with Lexa, but when you know what Alycia Debnam-Carey is capable of on-screen, it's been kind of frustrating that she's had to play this character as being pretty meek and mild up to this point. I feel she has far more potential in being a lead character for this series than Nick, actually, who I find a bit overrated. I'd probably like him more if he wasn't so easily influenced. I'm not really feeling the 'affinity for the dead' thing. Hershel teas. ;o

Despite my criticisms, I feel like I've come so far now that I must keep with it. kink.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 10 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #17
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
QUOTE(Ja˙ @ Sep 10 2016, 11:26 PM) *
One thing I'm pleased about is that Alicia finally seems to be coming into her own. *.* I know I shouldn't be comparing the character with Lexa, but when you know what Alycia Debnam-Carey is capable of on-screen, it's been kind of frustrating that she's had to be play this character as being pretty meek and mild up to this point. I feel she has far more potential in being a lead character for this series than Nick, actually, who I find a bit overrated. I'd probably like him more if he wasn't so easily influenced. I'm not really feeling the 'affinity for the dead' thing. Hershel teas. ;o

YES! I've purposely been trying to avoid even mentioning Alycia as Lexa as I don't wanna be that person that just compares anything she does after The 100 as I think that's kinda insulting to her more than anything and she probably doesn't just want to be branded as one character for the rest of her career but tbh (no surprises here) she is what made me start watching this because of the incredible performance she did as Lexa. She was only a 'recurring' character in T100 so having her in a lead role here should essentially give her more to work with. Like I said before, she is doing a great job with what she's been give but yea it's definitely lacking on the writers part which is frustrating when you know what she's capable of, it's a shame because they're kinda wasting all this potential and talent. I agree with you on her being a more fitting lead character than Nick, although I do like him I don't really like how his plot line is always made out to be more superior to everyone else's and is always so separate, even when they were all together it was always what Nick is going through over anyone else. Yea he's the main character but I feel like by focusing on him the writers have neglected other characters and haven't quite found that balance where everyone develops. I think having like a 'Nick episode' then a 'Alicia, Ofelia, Strand and Maddison episode' then a 'Travis and Chris' one was a mistake, like they should be able to run all of their storylines in the same episodes rather than being like "oh okay we're focusing on Nick this week, put everything else on hold." unsure.gif This is only gonna lose them viewers as people aren't going to be as invested in Travis and Chris the way they might be with Nick or Alicia. It's sad but I'd be surprised if this got picked up again for a 3rd season, although I think it could really thrive as a Netflix series since characters and short seasons are what they do best.

+Quote this post
Severin
post Sep 11 2016, 11:04 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Mansonette
It's already been picked up for season 3. Thereafter remains the question

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Sep 11 2016, 12:36 PM
Post #19
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
I think it will probably get a season 4 too, it's ratings aren't that bad when you compare it to the rest of AMC's roster, plus it makes good money internationally.

I am enjoying the second half of season 2 more. I think the main problem with the show is, I don't think it knows what it wants to be. I never feel that any of the core characters are in much danger unlike The Walking Dead. I feel the show would be better if they went back to the West Coast or even Texas. Must be a production thing why they're shooting on Mexico (or Texas).

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 12 2016, 11:09 AM
Post #20
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
oh I didn't know they'd already confirmed a 3rd season ooops kink.gif

I just finished watching this weeks episode, I'm glad they showed us how Maddison and Strand escaped and the part where they lead all of the dead into the sea was pretty cool but I agree about not feeling as though the cast is ever in danger. I think we're supposed to be like omg is Maddison going to get away in time or is Alicia late to the merge point because something went wrong? but it's one of those things where you just know their plan will work and I didn't feel tense watching it at all laugh.gif

The scene where Alicia was talking to her mum about almost losing her was really well done angel.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:14 AM