BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Fear The Walking Dead, Season 7
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jacob-
post Sep 14 2016, 10:16 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664
I've caught up, it's had some great moments and overall I've found it really enjoyable, some things were really drawn out though- episode 8 was a bit drawn out and I feel they could've wrapped up Nick's journey in a subplot while progressing some of the other character arcs rather than focussing on "Nick walking" for an entire episode.
QUOTE(Jaÿ @ Sep 10 2016, 11:26 PM) *
Too many stupid things happen that artificially lead the characters into perilous situations. Getting drunk and loudly playing the piano; are Madison/Strand really still at the stage that they feel it's safe to let their guard down that easily? That bandit guy fumbling around for the bullets he dropped & subsequently getting eaten by a slow-moving herd of walkers... instead of legging it back to his vehicle which was only a few metres away? drama.gif

Sometimes FTWD relies on cheap cliff hangers... like, we know full well that Madison & Strand were going to get out of that seemingly impossible situation, so there was really no need to tease that one for a whole episode. Then not even showing how they managed it. Tut!
Completely agree on those bandit guys, they could've literally backed up a few metres and drove off with the 3rd guy- the one that dropped the bullets could've quickly grabbed them and ran or just left them if necessary, not fumbled with the gun for 5 minutes before getting predictably eaten.

The part where Madison and Victor got drunk though made more sense. It was stupid but it can sort of be explained- they got depressed (naturally) and had a few drinks. That seriously impaired their judgement so Strand played the (seemingly detuned ohmy.gif ) piano loudly because Tequilla. What surprised me most ("surprised", they weren't going to die) about that scene was how they were able to get out of their situation in that state. At least it did show how in the following episode, they just seemed a little too sober when the walkers showed up.

I'll predict a 'big' death by the end of this season though, FTWD isn't afraid to kill people off every now and again (Liza, Daniel), but we'll see.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Sep 15 2016, 07:45 AM
Post #22
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
QUOTE(Jacob Alan @ Sep 14 2016, 11:16 PM) *
I'll predict a 'big' death by the end of this season though, FTWD isn't afraid to kill people off every now and again (Liza, Daniel), but we'll see.

I volunteer Travis

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Sep 15 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
I find that I don't give one single f*** about any of the characters outside of Nick, and I'm also finding that I'm constantly checking if the episode is nearly over when I'm watching it. It's just so boring at the minute

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post Sep 17 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
QUOTE(Lindsey⚙ @ Sep 15 2016, 08:45 AM) *
I volunteer Travis
Ok.

He is getting irritating, he's just too "responsible" and "good" for the world he's now in, he still hasn't accepted fully what's happened and I've seen enough of that from the main show. He needs either a swift character changing moment or to die.

Chris killing that guy tho.

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: Sep 17 2016, 03:38 PM

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Oct 4 2016, 12:34 PM
Post #25
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Decent episode, I think it was quite lacking as the finale though as what's the cliffhanger? If season three is about Travis dealing with his man guilt over killing those two idiots I wont be too happy dry.gif I thought they were going to leave it at whether Chris is alive or not and then season three could have picked up with them all going to look for him and Nick. I'm really liking Luci tbh, and her and Nick together. I hope they both reunite with everyone else next season and Ofelia too. What the hell are they doing with her though? We've had enough lone warrior wandering from Nick, we don't really need it with Ofelia. I think they've missed a good opportunity with her character forming a sort of sisterly alliance with Alicia, I thought they were maybe going to do that but then she went off and did her own thing rolleyes.gif Idk, I'm not going to miss this too much until it comes back but I probs will watch it still laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post Oct 6 2016, 12:43 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
Did you watch the double episode? Episodes 14 and 15 were both aired on the same week (just gone). Based on the final episode I don't think Travis is going to be feeling much guilt, he's going through some much needed character development. It ended well enough, interested to see who those army guys are, I just want everyone to meet up again, there are still so many different places for different characters, completely agree with you Lindsey on hoping at least some 'groups' reunite, them continually missing each other and splitting up is getting irritating. laugh.gif

Not going to miss Chris although the way he died was kind of abrupt and I was hoping to see a little more before that happened, although I like that it completely surprised me.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Oct 6 2016, 06:39 AM
Post #27
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Omg no I think I only watched episode fourteen ohmy.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 7 2016, 01:18 AM
Post #28
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Everything to do with the supermarket & the Colonia struck me as being highly nonsensical (and a few critical reviews picked up on this as well):

Spoilers ahead ;o

Wouldn't it have been pretty simple for the bandits at the supermarket to have surreptitiously followed Nick and Luciana and discovered the whereabouts of the Colonia that way? Nick & Luciana were pushing trolleys in broad daylight from A to B - it was hardly like they were covering their tracks. I don't really buy that the Colonia could be kept top secret. They were reliant on each other for supplies; is it really likely that anonymity would be an accepted condition of their trade? Hmm.

Anyway, the bandits really want to know where the Colonia is, for the drugs, but apparently it's impossible for them to find this place... so they interrogate a family who escaped from there, who they conveniently came across. Upon receiving the information they needed, they kill the entire family. That seemed so unnecessary to me; it just struck me as a lazy way for the writers to impress that these guys are totally barbaric, a group of people that we're meant to fear. But then they're killed off so quickly by the walkers, so once again, this was a group of people that was built up as being a potential thread, only for them to be very quickly & easily seen off.

Madison & co arrive at the supermarket in search of Nick. They find the place abandoned, bar the dead bodies of the family. They discover ID on the man, which has the address of the Colonia. This really doesn't work well on quite a few levels.

1) If the man had ID in his pocket the whole time, surely the bandits would have discovered this? unsure.gif They didn't search them?? They'd have found the information very quickly & without the need for interrogation! Upon discovering the ID, all they'd have needed to do was verify that the address = the location of the Colonia. Which is a bit of a reach in itself, because...
2) The Colonia is a makeshift community for survivors. Just how likely is it that this family lived there before the apocalypse, as opposed to just taking refuge there?
3) Madison etc make the leap of faith that the address on this ID = the place where Nick must have been. Then they very easily manage to find it the next day. This is the very same Colonia that was supposedly so difficult for the bandits to find. This difficulty & the need to interrogate for directions would make some sort of sense if the ID didn't exist at all, but considering it does and it very conveniently helps our protagonists find the place, it's just... baffling and problematic as a plot device. I really don't think the writers should have been that lazy and sloppy. In a nutshell, we're to believe that it's no trouble at all for Madison to discover the whereabouts of what is essentially a shanty town, via an address on an ID.

Forbes was one of the articles which mentions all of the above. (I probably should have just pasted the link rather than write a short essay of my own... laugh.gif ). They also offered a couple of more logical scenarios that would have lead Madison etc to the Colonia:

Travis and Madison could have headed north and heard gunfire. They could have cautiously approached the gunfire and found the Colonia, found the dead gangsters, found Alejandro and heard his dying words.

Or maybe they went back to the warehouse and saw the gangsters driving off and then followed them. Or found the people the gangsters had captured and discovered them alive but in need of help.

----

Idk, it just irked me (perhaps you can tell, if you've read this far kink.gif ). There's been plenty of "suspension of disbelief" moments throughout the two seasons, but I thought this in particular was just too silly. The finale was pretty weak overall. sad.gif It was just the latest in a long line of situations that they've overcome with ease and speediness... there's really nothing to fear because they always seem to resolve matters so easily and there's been no really significant baddies. I'm not exactly pinning my hopes on the shooters at the end of the episode being anything to worry about either. Like the Forbes article says: "Certainly these well-armed Americans appear to be the next villain/conflict, though we can rest assured it will be resolved in an episode or two. Madison will show up and spout off and do some stupid thing and everyone will die miraculously." heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Severin
post Oct 7 2016, 10:24 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Travis flipping out was great and much overdue. Everything else was stupid and boring.

This needs to be cancelled after season 3

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Oct 10 2016, 12:52 PM
Post #30
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
I know the writing still doesn't make much sense, but I thought the character development in Season 2 Part 2 was great. I still think the show should end though, maybe they could do a time jump and merge it with the original series?

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Oct 10 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The new 3 minute trailer for TWD's season 7 premiere had more tension than the entire second season of this. Its been an insufferable mess.

QUOTE(Severin @ Oct 7 2016, 11:24 AM) *
Travis flipping out was great and much overdue. Everything else was stupid and boring.

This needs to be cancelled after season 3

Yup.

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jun 5 2017, 11:45 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Mansonette
Has anyone watched the opening of season 3?

If so, is it still crap or should I give it one last chance?

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jun 5 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Mansonette
That was actually really rather good. POssibly the best the show has ever been and actually shows some balls and some promise for the season

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post Jun 19 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
Updated the description for the new season! I like where this is going, the last episode following the return of Daniel was actually amazing, I honestly didn't know what to expect at the end of the episode at the dam, we're getting some really complex characters here and I'm enjoying that. It's also becoming more interesting to see TWD in a different country with lots of Spanish (especially in episode 4).

Wasn't so keen on mid season 2 but season 3 seems to have hit the ground running. It was probably the right call killing Travis even though it was so sudden and seemingly so "needless", it wasn't dramatic in the slightest, it just *happened*. It was a tragic event that the main cast just had to deal with sure but there was no indication of it beforehand.

This post has been edited by Jacob.: Jun 19 2017, 12:55 PM

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jun 19 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Mansonette
I agree. I only watched the start of this season as a 'last chance' and I'm finding it a vast improvement on before. It's also more unpredictable and interesting than it's parent show right now.

Plus, a whole episode of mainstream US TV with no white characters and most of the dialogue in Spanish, Well done

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 3 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #36
Group icon
This season of FTWD is so much stronger and more enjoyable than the most recent season of TWD (which was very tedious), I'm quite surprised/impressed!

Madison was a flawed character in the previous two seasons, but I'm liking how much of a manipulator she's become at the Ranch - the subtle ways she's getting Troy on side for instance. I think she's developing better now that Travis isn't in the picture anymore.

Alicia is slowly but surely becoming a strong character too... another website made this point, that she's showing signs of becoming a Carol-like character for this show. Seemingly helpless to begin with but emerging as a strong and independent survivor. Here for it!

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jul 10 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Mansonette
Agreed. This first half of season 3 has been the best of any Walking Dead show for a while. It's not perfect by any means but it looks like they've really listened to all the criticism and stepped up in every way.
The Walking Dead itself has the better characters but they're being used so badly that it's painful whereas FTWD is using its own characters inadequacies to its advantage and really making it work.

Bravo.

More excited for this to return than I am the main show, which is amazing considering my opinion last season

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jul 11 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
WHAT a mid-season finale. Better than probably 80% of The Walking Dead's 7th season.

It returns with episodes 9 + 10 in the US on September 11th.

This post has been edited by jase.: Jul 11 2017, 11:16 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 20 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Did anyone here keep watching? biggrin.gif

Season 3 was such a dramatic improvement over the first two seasons, particularly the latter half! It's a pity its US ratings fell so considerably while its quality improved. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 20 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #40
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
I know for a fact that Joseph won't

(spoilers)

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:17 AM