BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Little Mix: The Search • Episode 07, Discussion • Plz watch the show before entering/spoilers
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HarryBorelli
post 24th October 2020, 08:34 PM
Post #61
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

But then what the viewers get to do it allready feels like a niche compitition, i would have expected from the live shows the viewers can have a say
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th October 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

The girl dance group was diabolical, I don't think Japser Blue really worked in the way I wanted them to or the way they could have but they definitely had more to give. It's odd that the girls made all the fuss over making sure to differentiate Melladaze as a dance group and then they didn't really do a lot, it really left a lot to be desired vocally and choreo wise, I think the other girl group had better energy and performance overall!

YChange were on another level to the others tonight, the girl vocal group and the boyband were alright but I expected more of both of them.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 24th October 2020, 09:03 PM
Post #63
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

SO!

My thoughts were I loved the girls opening performance although for some reason I expected it to have been recorded with Jade (pre her isolation) but they did so well with one member down.

As for the groups I wasn’t keen much on Since September’s choice of song. I didn’t really think it worked and it all sounded a bit flat.

Nostalia sounded great together and I loved their harmonies. They’ll likely be better when the member who couldn’t perform ones back next week.

New Priority were BAD except for Zeekay so pretty much felt the same as Jesy. The rest I think were all chosen for looks the vocals were bad the choreo was ropey yeah not great but I think in a public vote they’d do well.

Jasper Blue weren’t all that great for a show like this. I think it’s hard for mixed groups as pop mixed groups like these aren’t like trendy no more they were verging on like S Club / Steps and that style of band wouldn’t work on this industry.

Y Change are by far the best and the only act who’d work in today’s scene like Haus said I agree on this. They might not be the most popular on a show like this but they’re the most polished.

Melladaze we’re better than the comments seemed. Like I actually rather liked them.

My main issue was I wish they’d reveal Little Mix’s scores all at the end instead of after each performance. Like score them in secret and then reveal the leaderboard from top to bottom just before the sing off. I didn’t like the idea of them doing it like that. I mean if it was like strictly where there’s a public vote as well as a judges score fair enough but it lacked tension.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 24th October 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I thought that Melladaze were the worse sounding group but that the right group went home as I could see Melladaze actually releasing and being an active band, Jasper Blue I couldn't see working at all unfortunately even if I quite liked them!

+Quote this post
JesyMix
post 25th October 2020, 03:01 AM
Post #65
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,460

Since September - I like their name. Not a flattering song choice at all but I still think they have loads of potential
Nostalia - Loved the song choices. Their vocals were great individually but it didn't quite come together as a group for me
New Priority - Jesy was right. They were severely lacking in energy. I don't mind them going next unless they step it up next week
Jasper Blue - They said they didn't want to be cheesy but they were. Jordan's bum note made me cringe. Melina is a star.
YChange - I was doubtful about them but they were easily the best performance of the night. They felt more like a guest act.
Melladaze - Very polished visually but the vocals need work. Honestly, as the dance group, they should be allowed to lipsync. They're pretty far along for being a new group so I think they have potential to improve.

+Quote this post
JesyMix
post 25th October 2020, 03:04 AM
Post #66
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,460

QUOTE(jlj @ Oct 24 2020, 05:03 PM) *
My main issue was I wish they’d reveal Little Mix’s scores all at the end instead of after each performance. Like score them in secret and then reveal the leaderboard from top to bottom just before the sing off.

This would be so much better!

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 25th October 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

YChange and Nostalia are definitely my favourite groups hopefully both will make the final . Since September have potential I think but they picked the wrong song with better song choices they could be great . I would say they should be the final 3 based of the first live show !

New Priority were ok but a little dull with only Zeekay standing out. Melladaze are definitely the worst I don’t see it for them as a group

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 25th October 2020, 01:32 PM
Post #68
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771

Yeah that was an awful song choice for Since September, but they definitely have potential. (though they really should've tried to get some drummers auditioning, it feels slightly off without one)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 25th October 2020, 01:38 PM
Post #69
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(GhoulOdyssey @ Oct 25 2020, 01:32 PM) *
Yeah that was an awful song choice for Since September, but they definitely have potential. (though they really should've tried to get some drummers auditioning, it feels slightly off without one)
Yep. That's what was missing for me! Isn't it the drummer that's usually the most popular member too? Harry (McFly), Ashton (5SOS), Phil Collins (Genesis) and (I'd probably argue) Travis (blink) etc..

Them playing together just sounded so flat and off key to me.

+Quote this post
Zak
post 25th October 2020, 02:55 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 98,373

It only got 2m viewers again despite Strictly getting 9.4m after it . Yikes. They'll probably never speak of it again when it's done.

Adds further fuel to the fire realising that the Jax performance probs would have had 3-4m viewers (with Strictly viewers pre-tuning in) whilst their Sweet Melody one probs got 1.5m or something.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:05 AM