BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Shake It Off, 1st single // 1989
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Aug 13 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Now we have supposed confirmation that Taylor's Yahoo! live stream on Monday will include details of the release of the first single from Taylor's upcoming 5th album as well as the release of the music video (apparently), I think it's time to open a thread especially for the single discussion especially now that it seems Radio DJs are beginning to get preview listens of the song.

@CKontheRadio who says he is a DJ at a Californian radio station has tweeted that he has been able to listen to the single today and this is what he had to say. Yesterday he tweeted this:
Stoked I get 2 hear Taylor Swift's new song tmrw! Curious 2 hear if she'll stay pop or lean back country. I'll let u know smile.gif #Swifties
And in the last few minutes he has been tweeting the following and answering a few questions!
The new Taylor is VERY fun & VERY poppy! Has a good message too, not to worry bout what ppl think of u, just shake it off smile.gif #Swifties
Yes! It's very fun & upbeat, and has a catchy horn sound playing throughout. She even pokes a little fun at herself in it!
Totally yes! It's not a love song at all!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Aug 13 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
URGH @ it being "very poppy" sad.gif I like my country stars to actually sing Country music.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Aug 13 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Jeff @jeff1317 · 9m
Don't think "Shake It Up" is the new Taylor Swift song title.... but I think "Shake It Off" is very real.
Kevin ‏@kevinm91 4m
@jeff1317 PLEASE tell me the "they say I date too much and can't make em stay" line is real

Jeff @jeff1317 · 3m
@kevinm91 it is

"Shake It Off" fits with what the radio DJ tweeted!

Very excited if slightly cautious about the horn.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 13 2014, 10:56 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Hopefully the horn is more Problem than Crazy Stupid Love laugh.gif

Very excited regardless of course! I do love country Taylor even moreso than pop Taylor but there'll obviously be some on the album, it's always fab to see her have a hit so pop Taylor is fine by me. It sounds like I'm gonna love the theme.

+Quote this post
BrookeOlivia
post Aug 17 2014, 03:59 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Am just a girl who wishes for the world - Marilyn Monroe ♥
User: 11,449
I cant wait to hear this smile.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Aug 17 2014, 05:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Same! wub.gif

I've been listening through all of her albums over the last few days, and last night I watched every single music video she's done - there's a few I'd never seen before such as the likes of 'Tim McGraw' and 'Our Song'. It made me realise how amazing 'Teardrops On My Guitar' is in particular, and the video is fantastic too. Also, the video for 'Ours' is absolutely brilliant - I'd never really realised before but it's just so hilariously true in terms of everyday things going wrong! The ending is beautiful too and it's definitely very underrated. 'You Belong With Me' remains my favourite video though (very closely followed by 'Everything Has Changed'), it's such a good video (and an incredible song!) and I always get goosebumps with the ending, it's so cute! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Aug 17 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Also, her promotional team for the webchat have stepped things up!

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
verbatimpara
post Aug 17 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,131
QUOTE(Regina @ Aug 13 2014, 09:03 PM) *
URGH @ it being "very poppy" sad.gif I like my country stars to actually sing Country music.

With 'Red' she became much of a global star at the expense of her core country U.S base. I think it would be silly of her to go back to releasing something like 'Fearless' as it probably wouldn't be as successful as 'Red' was globally.

I think it's a natural progression as well. Her younger country style fitted quite well with her diary-esque lyrics but now with a bit more maturity she's starting to venture out a bit.

Plus, once you've lost a substantial country fan base it can be quite difficult to get back (e.g. Dixie Chicks although for different reasons). I don't think she'll ever be as successful in the country charts as she was in the beginning of her career even if she does go back to the country genre.

Looking forward to listening to her new song. Love that she might be taking a self-deprecating look at herself for once! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Aug 17 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I love Taylor doing pop songs as much as country, because the likes of '22' and 'I Knew You Were Trouble' are still very Taylor despite them not being country songs due to her fantastic songwriting and unique voice. I'd still like a few country songs on the album, but I'm happy with her moving into pop - especially if it means she becomes even more successful globally!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 17 2014, 07:05 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(verbatimpara @ Aug 17 2014, 07:55 PM) *
With 'Red' she became much of a global star at the expense of her core country U.S base. I think it would be silly of her to go back to releasing something like 'Fearless' as it probably wouldn't be as successful as 'Red' was globally.

I think it's a natural progression as well. Her younger country style fitted quite well with her diary-esque lyrics but now with a bit more maturity she's starting to venture out a bit.

Plus, once you've lost a substantial country fan base it can be quite difficult to get back (e.g. Dixie Chicks although for different reasons). I don't think she'll ever be as successful in the country charts as she was in the beginning of her career even if she does go back to the country genre.

Looking forward to listening to her new song. Love that she might be taking a self-deprecating look at herself for once! laugh.gif

Completely agree! It would be a little unfitting if she carried on with the "captain of the football team unrequited crush", "I love my best friend" etc. teenage themes, there was still some of that on Red, but I love the pop too. I think it's the best of both worlds if she releases pop singles and has success but also has country songs on her album! She's doing fine on the country charts too, she's not dominating or "slaying" like she was for her first few eras but she's still doing well with the singles that do get released to country radio. Like Ryan says, if her popularity rises even more I'll all for it!

+Quote this post
verbatimpara
post Aug 17 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #11
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,131
QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 17 2014, 08:05 PM) *
Completely agree! It would be a little unfitting if she carried on with the "captain of the football team unrequited crush", "I love my best friend" etc. teenage themes, there was still some of that on Red, but I love the pop too. I think it's the best of both worlds if she releases pop singles and has success but also has country songs on her album! She's doing fine on the country charts too, she's not dominating or "slaying" like she was for her first few eras but she's still doing well with the singles that do get released to country radio. Like Ryan says, if her popularity rises even more I'll all for it!

Definitely. If she'd stayed with country I think her star would be rapidly fading by now, even on the mainstream U.S charts if not the country charts. She would be sounding like a broken record. Taylor and her P.R/management team seem to be very business savvy. She's stayed true to herself but managed to evolved to become quite the star!

I sympathise with Regina above though.

Worryingly, she will still start to sound like a broken record if she keeps going on about her ex's in every other song, whatever the genre. Rumours of the lyrical content of what she's dropping next do look promising though!

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Aug 17 2014, 10:18 PM
Post #12
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Just loved her last album Red and it's singles I Knew You Were Trouble, 22 and Red, so looking forward to hearing her new material, so excited

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 17 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #13
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I am so so so excited for this. Taylor is one of my favourites artists ever (and its a plus that I will get to hear her new song after I have injections- my only fear)

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 18 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I thought the webchat was earlier for some reason, gonna have to be a flop stan and give it a miss becsuse of CBB ;_;

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Aug 18 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I'm going to miss Big Brother and watch this instead as I've been hoping she'd do another webchat since the 'Red' one which I enjoyed so much! I'll just record the rest of Big Brother and watch it after the live stream finishes. kink.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 18 2014, 02:45 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
What time is the live stream in the UK and what time is CBB (need to watch the summer series for once as I need watch that one but always watch the January one)?

Thanks in advance

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 18 2014, 02:50 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Ultraviolence @ Aug 18 2014, 03:45 PM) *
What time is the live stream in the UK and what time is CBB (need to watch the summer series for once as I need watch that one but always watch the January one)?

Thanks in advance

CBB is on at 9.05pm and finishes at 11.20pm (no idea why it's so long drama.gif) and Taylor's live stream is at 10, I think it's until 11.30.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 18 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 18 2014, 03:50 PM) *
CBB is on at 9.05pm and finishes at 11.20pm (no idea why it's so long drama.gif) and Taylor's live stream is at 10, I think it's until 11.30.

Thanks so much Liam wub.gif

I'll probs watch the first 45 minutes of CBB and record the rest to go to Taylor's live stream and watch the rest of CBB after and fast forwarding the adverts smile.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Aug 18 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #19
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
I'll give the live stream a miss (can't watch it on this connection anyway lmao) but I'm SOOOOO excited to hear what she's got planned for us!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post Aug 18 2014, 06:25 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804
Ooh, much excite! her last era was excellent and I own Fearless which is a beauty so I'm definitely interested to see what she can muster up this time round wub.gif

+Quote this post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:23 AM