BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Calum's Top 50 Queens
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Jul 31 2020, 09:59 AM
Post #21
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Now Detox might be in my top 10!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Jul 31 2020, 10:46 AM
Post #22
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Detox is probably my 2nd favourite queen, she just has IT and is so precise and clear about her vision of drag. She kind of owns neon.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Jul 31 2020, 11:50 AM
Post #23
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Detox is for sure in my top 5 of all time

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Jul 31 2020, 05:11 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Detox is that BITCH!!!

She's so high fashion I just gasp everytime she's on camera wub.gif

The Black And White look is one of the best looks ever on Drag Race!!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jul 31 2020, 07:24 PM
Post #25
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
Oops kink.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jul 31 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #26
Group icon
nabad

Heidi N Closet

Appeared in: Season 12

"America, it's time to stop hiding in the closet!"

Also known as Heidi Ho, Heidi Hydrates and Heidi Afrodite, or basically any other name besides Heidi N Closet that Ru was able to think of - up next is some season 12 representation in the form of our most recent Miss Congeniality. Heidi was a fantastic presence throughout season 12. Her drag wasn't always the most polished, but she managed to turn some looks, and she advanced pretty well in the competition; a double shantay with Jackie Cox too! Heidi was probably the funniest character throughout season 12; her confessionals were hilarious and some of her quips to other queens left me in stitches. She was a fierce competitor too though and is obviously somebody that should be appearing in a season of All Stars somewhere down the line.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 1 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #27
Group icon
nabad

Nina Flowers

Appeared in: Season 1, All Stars 1

"Just plug it in, and blow..."

Another Miss Congeniality now - the original, you might say. Nina Flowers lost out on the crown to Bebe Zahara Benet in the very first season of Drag Race. It seems like a lifetime ago now, but Nina came back in All Stars 1 and ended up leaving in the second episode alongside Tammie Brown at the hands of Latrice Royale. Such a shame considering how polished and loveable she is. Here's hoping for a return in a future season of All Stars considering others that competed in All Stars 1 have been given a third chance to prove themselves. Despite appearing in the season of Drag Race that was completely different to the show it has become, Nina slayed the competition and I was always rooting for her.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 2 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #28
Group icon
nabad

Stacy Layne Matthews

Appeared in: Season 3

"HENNY!"

Stacy Layne Matthews was a quiet favourite throughout season 3, giving us a few laughs here and there... until she dropped out of the competition in eighth place with more to give, I feel. Stacy has ended up as the lowest placing Snatch Game winner in Drag Race herstory, following her win as Mo'Nique. She definitely stole the show with some golden moments during that instalment of the famous challenge, but her runways weren't exactly amazing. Stacy was apparently also cast in All Stars 4, but was replaced while on holiday. She's appeared a number of times either as a character in challenges or in the audience spectating, so hopefully there's room for her in a future season of All Stars because I'd love to see her back!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 2 2020, 06:37 PM
Post #29
Group icon
nabad

BenDeLaCreme

Appeared in: Season 6, All Stars 3

"I'm going home."

Another Miss Congeniality, and this time it's BenDeLaCreme. Much like Detox, Ben is a queen that I really couldn't warm to at all in her first season. There just wasn't a lot I found entertaining besides her hilarious Snatch Game impersonation of Maggie Smith. Of course, there were outcries when she was eliminated in the lip-sync against Derienne Lake (and I'd probably have preferred BenDeLaCreme to stay over Derienne). Fast forward to All Stars 3 and at the beginning I was thinking 'here we go again...', but with five challenge wins under her belt, I slowly warmed to Ben, and was shook when she decided to eliminate herself from the competition. A Ben vs. Shangela fight for the crown would have been far more entertaining than what we did end up with.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 2 2020, 08:54 PM
Post #30
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
Stacy Layne Matthews was homeless just a few weeks ago! Love her and would like to see her back if she can manage that!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Aug 2 2020, 10:23 PM
Post #31
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Ah DeLa would easily be in my top 10, one of my faves from season 6 and overall biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 5 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #32
Group icon
nabad

Violet Chachki

Appeared in: Season 7

"Always bitchy, never butchy."

Another winner bites the dust, and at #36 it's the top queen of season 7 - Violet Chachki. Initially quite an unpopular character (both to the other queens in the workroom and myself at the beginning of the season), Violet went on to show she was a true fashion queen that could turn properly good, forward-thinking looks. Her two-in-one runway from the first episode is still such an iconic moment, and watching her come into her own, win three main challenges, as well as being confident almost all the time, it was great to see her take the crown. However, it should've been Pearl x I'll never understand though just how her waist can be as thin as it is. It was scary sometimes to see such a literal hourglass figure and to think just how tight those corsets must be!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Aug 6 2020, 07:47 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
QUOTE(J00psyMethyd @ Jul 31 2020, 10:59 AM) *
Now Detox might be in my top 10!

Same; especially in Allstars 2; I just found each and every runway; stunning!

He Snatch Game was questionable biggrin.gif but as others have said; she has such a strong aesthetic

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 8 2020, 12:30 PM
Post #34
Group icon
nabad

Kim Chi

Appeared in: Season 8

"Donut come for me!"

Another queen I wasn't massive on in her season, but have since grown to love with repeated watches and appearances in the drag world since, Kim Chi lands at #35. Known for her wit and shade, Kim Chi reached the final of season 8 before Bob the Drag Queen snatched the crown. Kim Chi managed two challenge wins in season 8, winning both the first challenge of the season and the last challenge, but none in between. Her drag aesthetic is great, but I was always rooting for both Bob and Naomi in season 8 so I was glad things turned out how they did. I'd love to see Kim in a season of All Stars, but since she supposedly declined to appear in All Stars 3, it seems like she might not be up for it? At least we have the appearances in Celebrity Drag Race, etc.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 8 2020, 01:49 PM
Post #35
Group icon
nabad

A'Keria C. Davenport

Appeared in: Season 11

"Whas goin' on?"

From the House of Davenport, A'Keria C. Davenport is definitely a queen I'd love to see come back for a second shot at the crown in a season of All Stars. Sadly, it doesn't look like the stars are aligning for that happening in All Stars 6 (despite how season 11-heavy it's shaping up to be), but hopefully later down the line it's not out of the question. A'Keria was great entertainment throughout her season and managed to win two challenges and placing high in three. It wasn't quite enough though when facing off against Brooke and Yvie. A'Keria was (and still is) the first Davenport to reach the finale in the original season they appeared on, so props to her for that! I need to follow her drag some more and see what she's up to now.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Aug 8 2020, 04:31 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
Surprised to see A'Keria so high! she was ok; but for me nothing really outstanding especially compared to others in that season.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Aug 8 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #37
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
Akeria was probs my second fave in S11 after Scarlet

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 15 2020, 10:21 AM
Post #38
Group icon
nabad

Cheryl Hole

Appeared in: Season 1 (UK)

"I’m ready for another week of me doing mediocre."

Up next, we have the UK's answer to Alyssa Edwards... Cheryl Hole. With all the mannerisms of Alyssa, and the iconic quotes from UK culture, Cheryl was a joy to watch during her time on the first season of Drag Race UK. Despite underperforming and ending up with one of the worst track records in herstory (alongside Roxxxy Andrews, Carmen Carrera and Ra'Jah O'Hara), watching Cheryl just brought such a smile to my face. She always stayed positive, she always took on criticism and tried to better herself, and even when eliminated she was proving there was more to her than meets the eye! Much like Alyssa, her looks weren't always the strongest or fiercest, but she went home in a week where she really shouldn't have.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Aug 16 2020, 11:21 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
Great list so far but surprised at how low Detox is! ohmy.gif She would be near the top of my list. So many great runway moments, lots of great untucked moments on season 5 and general moments in challenges and such. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 17 2020, 12:00 AM
Post #40
Group icon
nabad

Blair St. Clair

Appeared in: Season 10, All Stars 5

"I do declare..."

I do declare, it's Blair St. Clair. One of many amazing queens that appeared in season 10, Blair kind of fell into the background for me as I spent most of my time stanning other queens during said season, but when Blair returned in almighty fashion for All Stars 5, I started to take a little more notice. She did end up being one of the weaker of the bunch for me, but Blair certainly knows how to turn a look and is probably one of the most fashionable queens to have walked the Drag Race runway. She was all grown up, and her entrance look really was quite the statement. She's given us some really fantastic looks, but outside of the show her Instagram is great too - killer photoshoots and candid shots. My only qualm with Blair is her pettiness in All Stars 5 which became really quite grating.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:12 AM