BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race Holland, FINALE SPOILERS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
✖ leww ✖
post 5th October 2020, 03:18 PM
Post #21
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

Ma'Ma's runway look was soooooo gorgeous this week! That face jewellery and hair? What???? Chelsea Boy's runway was super cute but she sold the absolute SHIT out of it.

Really liked the challenge! Ma'Ma and Sederginne easily shined.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th October 2020, 10:49 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Omg yes the lipsync song was a BANGER

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 9th October 2020, 10:53 AM
Post #23
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Well that was a wack B3...

This episode was wonderfully chsotic though. 5 minutes on Sederginne having a panic attack, complete with slowed-down and sped up footage! Sederginne being shady. Sederginne completely messing up the challenge and not even being Low. Everything Abby did. Mama queen being read for her shoes of all things! Mama queen randomly being late to set because she was buying cake. Them not even hardly doing voguing in the video after spending most of the challenge time learning it. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
152chris
post 9th October 2020, 11:02 AM
Post #24
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

the judges' critiques are so wild. they barely even say anything for some of them? janey jacké? just gonna not mention the fact her dress fell apart but then put mama in the bottom for her shoes?
i really thought madness turned it this week and didn't deserve to lip sync. though they showed so little of the main challenge that there was really no way to know lol.

+Quote this post
152chris
post 9th October 2020, 11:06 AM
Post #25
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

current ranking:

01 ChelseaBoy
02 Ma'Ma queen
03 Envy Peru
04 Sederginne
05 Miss Abby OMG
06 Janey Jacké

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 9th October 2020, 12:44 PM
Post #26
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Being put in lip sync over shoes.....im so confused.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 9th October 2020, 05:13 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

That was another odd one, second time now that we get Envy winning based on a challenge that we barely saw laugh.gif I mean the voguing expert said team Ma'Ma was better, then two of them end up in the bottom? Just what is the point in a challenge at all if they're gonna throw Ma'Ma in the bottom for shoes? And if they're going to put SO much weight on the runway and presentation, then again I'm going to make the Drag Race Thailand point, they should separate the runway and challenge! It makes the challenge feel so pointless when they hardly air it, don't include it in the critiques, they basically wasted the queens' time even performing it and certainly wasted time showing the rehearsals in the episode. As with Face Face Face after the workout challenge, they should have just made it a design challenge or something and scrapped the performance challenge part.

It felt like they just chucked Ma'Ma in the bottom for "shock" factor after she'd just won a main and a mini challenge, with the slightest of slight justifications. I thought her runway look was one of the best, along with Envy's and Chelsea's. It's just bizarre but it is hard to judge for ourselves when we don't see that much, like the workout video we just saw the prep mostly, at least this time we got SOMETHING but you couldn't really judge who was good and who wasn't.

Based on the runway I'd have said Janey and Abby for the bottom 2, maaaaybe Madame Madness. I know it's not Janey's fault that Envy did basically the same look miles better but it made Janey's look even worse! Abby should have gone from that lipsync anyway, yet again she does *exactly* what you expect, nothing more nothing less. I'm so bored of it, and it's not just her looks and performance, but her attitude as well. She's the bare minimum base line of what it is to be a drag queen, which of course is still valid, but it couldn't be less exciting or interesting on a show like this when you have campy comedy queen, a bearded queen, queens serving amazing conceptual looks... and Abby just looking pretty.

Sederginne tho ""If she put that passion into the acting challenge... top" SCREAMING, she did not lie. Her panic attack also sent me, it was the editing omfg, the heavy breathing and dramatic music/effects as if it was a reconstruction on a random true crime documentary when you venture too far down into the random obscure Sky chanels rotf.gif

Snatch Game next week should be interesting! Joe Exotic is the only one familiar to me but that will be hilarious.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 9th October 2020, 08:31 PM
Post #28
Group icon

Sederginne being a bitch was not something I expected but I'm living laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 10th October 2020, 04:40 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

ok why my link quit showing subtitles nocheer.gif

Help please!!!

EDIT:

Nevermind, found it thanks to VPN!!!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 10th October 2020, 05:43 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

weird episode and I can't believe Madame Madness was sent over Abby.

It looks like the girls are making the decision for themselves who's gonna lip-sync and who's going home next.

Least they can do is edit those parts and don't let us see it lol!!!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th October 2020, 09:41 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I wouldn't mind that being the case if they said it was, actually made it a thing we were aware of. That'd be a nice fun twist, something different a bit like an All Star twist, which you don't really get in normal seasons and would set this apart a bit as its own show not afraid to make its own tweaks on the format. But that doesn't explain why Ma'Ma was in the lipsync over a pair of shoes laugh.gif The 3-way (or even 4-way) lipsync would have made sense if it was a whole team that messed up badly and they couldn't decide between them (like the 6-way from the Diva Worship challenge in Season 11, messy as that was) or it was after a big disappointment and a kind of warning (like Drag Race Thailand Season 1's 3-way). This was just "lol f*** it" for the sake of it, and I know it doesn't really matter because Ma'Ma wouldn't have gone anyway, but I don't like it being a case of the challenge feeling pointless and like it doesn't matter, and not really getting any judging critiques either.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 10th October 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #32
Group icon

I kinda felt the 3way was to do something distiguinishing itself from regular US Drag Race or the other versions - knowing it was going out to an international audience.

It wouldve worked better if the girls had danced a bit more. Madness was lumbered by her floor length gown, but Abby and Mama were more restrained than I expected too. There was no Vanda Miss Joaquim equivalent!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th October 2020, 07:26 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Ok the judges were lowkey trash today, I really didn't like how they were towards Ma'Ma and ChelseaBoy over their interpretations of the theme. I thought they had easily the two best looks on the runway, and surely it's a positive point to look at it differently instead of just splitting a male and female look? Ma'Ma was pretty bad on Snatch Game but I'm glad she wasn't in the bottom for that look. If they didn't like the execution of the look, fine, but for the problem to be that she didn't have the male half when, being non-binary, she doesn't really have that male half, was just off for me.

Envy was brilliant in Snatch Game, one of those where I didn't know the character but that didn't matter because she brought her to life anyway, but on the runway whilst she looked great (when doesn't she tbf?), I don't think the bog standard literal interpretation was worthy of a win over ChelseaBoy who clearly won Snatch Game.

Sederginne going is a real shame but based on everything this week... I can't say it was wrong? She fumbled it all really, I did like the idea of the Kermit and Miss Piggy runway but it didn't come out well and that lipsync was like she was defeated and had enough of the competition, just resigned herself to going home sad.gif Not a stellar lipsync on either part though unforunately.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 16th October 2020, 11:06 AM
Post #34
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I am so pissed at the judging this week Chelsea Boy clearly won the snatch game....heck even got told this and recognized as such but didn't win overall??? All because her look was not half man half woman??? The f***?? I thought hers and Ma'ma queen's were the most creative and good to see they went for a more androgynous/non-binary way.

Not Sedieginne doing an Acid Betty/Max sad.gif I loved this queen but this week just wasn't hers sad.gif The Miss Piggy side was way off like they said where was the feather boa or the pig nose?? the Kermit side was fine but id do something with the eyes more. Although I did think the Kermit side was meant to be The Grinch at first laugh.gif

My heart broke for envy tho when she talked about her abusive relationship and how much it affected her self confidence sad.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 16th October 2020, 06:08 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Chelsea Boy was robbed!!!

He excelled on both challenges runway and snatch game.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th October 2020, 09:25 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

It feels to me like they've already picked Envy out as the winner, it's getting very "VALENTINA YOUR SMILE IS BEAUUUUUTIFUL". Don't get me wrong she is an amazing queen but it feels like she can do no wrong in the eyes of the judges, this is 3 times now she's won a challenge and it's been kinda questionable or we just haven't seen enough of it to see if she deserved it. She was as I said great in Snatch Game but the mind boggles as to why, when they even SAID that Chelsea won Snatch Game, a basic literal interpretation of the theme (executed well, I will say) was worth a win over what Chelsea presented with such creativity. It's not that Envy really didn't deserve it, it just boggles the mind how they looked at that excellent Snatch Game and such a creative look and didn't give the win to Chelsea.

Envy is very classic and polished, I think she fits a first season winner to establish the show in Holland, show the country off and represent them around the world. She definitely fits a typical winner and I can't see past her at this point.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th October 2020, 09:52 AM
Post #37
Group icon

I kind of hope Envy wins a bunch more challenges now just to have a great run distinguishing this season.

Valentina was a good comparison for Sederginne - she really messed that up for herself. Just walking on the stage and not knowing the words either, that was really poor! And her Snatch really was nothing to write home about either.

On the plus side, my prediction that Sederginne would go the second she put a foot wrong turned out to be bang on the money!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th October 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #38
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

I would've LOST it and taken to twitter to bully the judges (jk!) had Ma'ma fallen into the bottom 2 because of her interpretation and rejection of the binary gender system. I was really angry with their backwards comments and it's sad to see this coming from one of the most advanced countries in the world LGBTQ+ rights-wise.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th October 2020, 11:47 AM
Post #39
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Abby OhMyBasic needs to go already but there's no denying she's good at lipsyncs. However, enough is enough. Can she do a Kana next time? However, I fear she'll somehow win next week because there's no doubt they want to keep her for the DRAMZ :')

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 17th October 2020, 02:20 PM
Post #40
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Everyone else: The judging was off, Sederginne didn't deserve to go etc

Me: THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED THEIR BUTTS ohmy.gif

+Quote this post