BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'The 5th Wave' | 2016, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 2nd September 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Looks like it could be a decent alien invasion film! Plus it has CGM in it, so that's a near certainty that it's not gonna be completely poo.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 2nd September 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #2
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
As both a fan of the book and Chloe Grace Moretz , I'm absolutely hyped!

Not sure if it will do anything box office-wise because apparently it's being released on a dud weekend (sad.gif) but hopefully it'll be great!

Her character reminds me somewhat of Ellie from 'The Last Of Us' which can only be good wub.gif

This post has been edited by N💎lly. S: 2nd September 2015, 06:11 PM

+Quote this post
jark
post 2nd September 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #3
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Looks hilariously bad. Literally every dystopian/post-apocalyptic/alien invasion cliche rolled into one. Cinematography doesn't even look very smart.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 2nd September 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Never mind Chloe Grace, I spy the cute lad from Jurassic World

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 25th January 2016, 11:07 AM
Post #5
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
i wasn't even that excited for this going in due to all the bad reviews but I enjoyed it quite a lot. Far from the best YA adaptations like The Hunger Games but it really reminded me of the Divergent movies in places which are enjoyable. Chloe was a good lead and I quite liked her love interest newcomer too. Nick Robinson is always a fav now as well ofc <3

Thought the waves were fun and the story pretty decent although quite often in places I was getting into a story of one character and then it would jarringly switch back to the other. The twist was pretty obvious too but I still thought this was really quite enjoyable.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 25th January 2016, 11:27 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Yeah I quite liked it, reminded me of The Hunger Games but obviously not as great. My main concern was that just as it was picking up the pace and things got going, it came to a sudden end.

I mean they will probably try and push out a sequel but I don't know if the demand will be there for one.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 25th January 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I liked this. I thought it was just as enjoyable as 'The Maze Runner' & 'Hunger Games' et al. It was really clichéd and predictable and had some dodgy OTT CGI, but it wasn't off putting.

Hope they do a follow up.

Was pleasently surprised when Maika turned up *.* Didn't know she was in this and I was just happy to see both her and Chloe in a film together wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 25th January 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #8
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
It was all right. I mean much of the interaction between Cassie and Evan was a bit dodgy (though that's more on the plot rather than either Chloe or Alex), and I predicted the Big Bad of the movie from the second the fourth wave kicked in, but it was okay.

RINGER wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif I am not worthy.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 25th May 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"The 5th Wave" is a science fiction thriller that premiered in mycountry in the beginning of last March. To be honest, I had no intend to see this particular film on the big screen but reading the synopsis of it in the Odeon brochure, it convinced me that this would be a very intriguing story. I did not deliberately watch its official trailer nor did I search for more information about its content on the internet. So, I went to see it based on its scenario. However, it was not what I had expected it and I was disappointed with its development.
The Earth receives four devastating waves by the "evil aliens" and humanity tries to survive in any way possible. The central character of the story is a teenager, Cassie Sullivan, who is trying to locate her lost brother, Sam, and she will do everything to find him. Meanwhile, the "evil aliens" prepare "The Fifth Wave", which is the deadliest of them all. While the film starts very dynamic and it shows impressively the four killer waves, in the course it loses tension and suspense and it ends up as a teenage girl romance full of clichés. "The 5th Wave" is a post-apocalyptic movie based on the homonymous best-seller novel by Rick Yancey, issued in May 2013. J Blakeson took over the directing of the film while it needed three screenwriters to make this “perfect result”. "The 5th Wave" may have amazing visual effects and beautiful photography but it had tragic dialogues and very lukewarm interpretations. Except for the star of the film, Chloë Grace Moretz, the other interpretations did not persuade us that much. Liev Schreiber made a quality vertical drop after the great Spotlight. While the characters were meaningless, indifferent and some predictable. There will always be a hardcore and gritty chick and a good looking man that plays like a standing and smiling cucumber for no particular reason like our Prime Minister in Eurogroups.
"The 5th Wave" is an average movie which could do much better. The intentions of the author may be good but I would not say the same for the adaptation on the big screen. It could stand out from all the other kinds of films such as The Hunger Games, Divergent and Maze Runner, but the director and screenwriters borrowed/copied data from these movies and they turned it into a second-grade wannabe of them. For this reason, the film received negative reviews worldwide and it has garnered a moderate rating of 5,2 by IMDb users. In my opinion, the film is directed mainly for a girly audience.

PS Donald Trump should be the 5th wave. That would be very unpredictable..

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:36 AM