BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Strictly Come Dancing 2019 - Series 17, BBC One | Autumn
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 1st December 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #301
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm sorry but HOW was Karin's jive the "best ever"?! Idk what these judges are on this series. Ofc it was undeniably good but Jay and even Jill remain distinctly unbothered.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 1st December 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #302
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Yeah they need to seriously f*** right off saying it was the best jive ever. It was really good but it didn't even come close to matching the quality of Jay and Aliona's jive laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st December 2019, 10:36 PM
Post #303
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Happy that emma has stayed in this far, hopefully she can survive next week.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 2nd December 2019, 12:14 AM
Post #304
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Chris deserved to stay in that Dance off!

Seen a few comments saying Alex was better but for me Chris had a much better week this week. Overall you could argue Alex was better but I can see why he stayed. I totally didn’t realise it was a 2-2 vote though the spoiler I seen didn’t mention that laugh.gif

I may have said this before when we had a 2-2 decision earlier in the series but I really wish we had no head judge nonsense and they just eliminated whoever had the lowest public vote in that instance. Or at least switch who the head judge is each week in that instance

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 2nd December 2019, 12:20 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd December 2019, 12:48 AM
Post #305
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I can lowkey see Emma winning which I really don't want to happen drama.gif

QUOTE(Jαsє @ Dec 1 2019, 10:18 PM) *
Yeah they need to seriously f*** right off saying it was the best jive ever. It was really good but it didn't even come close to matching the quality of Jay and Aliona's jive laugh.gif

It wasn't even the best jive this series, how on earth he got 40 for that when Kelvin didn't for his the other week is beyond me.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 2nd December 2019, 12:53 AM
Post #306
Group icon
Jord

He only got 40 because he was in the dance off last week and the judges wanted him top of the leaderboard without a tie to try and make sure he’d go through to next week safely. Had there been another tie at the top he could’ve easily been in the dance off again. I still think he could’ve come last by the public this week laugh.gif we only really know Chris and Alex both can’t have been higher than second or definitely not top for them to both be in it in the same week.

I definitely think Kelvin and Emma were the public’s top two this week.

Emma was really good this week too like I can totally see why she got that score I loved her dance. She actually looked like the pro in it laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 2nd December 2019, 12:56 AM

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 2nd December 2019, 04:33 PM
Post #307
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I think you guys are doing too much on Karim. Him and Kelvin have been the only two out of who are left who have regularly had me entertained, although I have been impressed by Emma recently. I don't really noticed any bias with Karim, not when it's so obvious with Chris.

+Quote this post
Adam
post 3rd December 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #308
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682

For me, Kelvin was better than Karim. Karims one where he was a tailor was way more deserving of 40 than this, and Kevlins characterisation as Gaston was absolutely superb.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 3rd December 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #309
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Karim's talented but he's waaaay too frantic for me

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th December 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #310
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Yeah same, he just does.... too much? Like there's always extra little flairs and flourishes but most dances don't need it and it puts me off laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 7th December 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #311
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Kelvin's chest to win x

Also that Rumba from Kevin was down there with Mollie's samba in terms of semi disasters rotf.gif I mean EIGHTS come on this is absolutely ridiculous!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 7th December 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #312
Group icon
Jord

Kelvin was the best tonight but there was some over marks tonight on some of the dances and Chris was way undermarked by Craig on his final dance.

It’s a bit obvious that’s who they want to go laugh.gif

On another note Karims outfit in his first dance was awful. He was really stitched up there by wardrobe it was distracting and when he’s supposed to be portraying a character who’s very macho etc it just had the opposite effect. Those pants were horrific!

Thinking like Kelvins definitely through. And the dance off is probably gonna be Karim and Chris.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 7th December 2019, 10:59 PM
Post #313
Group icon
Jord

Chris is OUT.

Karim was saved in the dance off.

this weeks confirmed result above ^^^

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th December 2019, 12:28 AM
Post #314
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I thought that was about right for Chris, yes he tried and he really improved but come on EIGHT for that rumba?? rotf.gif

I can't shake the feeling Emma will win, it should definitely be Kelvin though. I just don't think Emma's good enough, her Latin is still hugely lacking for one.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 8th December 2019, 02:16 AM
Post #315
Group icon
Jord

It’s definitely a two horse race in the final in my opinion.

I’d be I’d be really shocked if Karim wins now after being in the dance off yet again. I know Ore won and was in the dance off twice but Emma and Kelvin are both a lot more known by the strictly demographic and have better appeal to voters than what he does tbh. This years been a bit more about likeability too than what some years have been as well.

With Emma she has the Anton factor added in as well but Kelvins been more consistent throughout. I think Kelvin will probably manage it though.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 8th December 2019, 02:16 AM
Post #316
Group icon
Jord

It’s definitely a two horse race in the final in my opinion.

I’d be I’d be really shocked if Karim wins now after being in the dance off yet again. I know Ore won and was in the dance off twice but Emma and Kelvin are both a lot more known by the strictly demographic and have better appeal to voters than what he does tbh. This years been a bit more about likeability too than what some years have been as well.

With Emma she has the Anton factor added in as well but Kelvins been more consistent throughout. I think Kelvin will probably manage it though.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 9th December 2019, 01:44 AM
Post #317
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

So happy for emma to make it to the final. I'd say kelvin will win and Emma has a chance of 2nd.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 9th December 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #318
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

After this weekend (was watching purely by accident as I was writing Christmas cards watching The Hit List that was on before it and I couldn't be bothered to change channels) I'd love if there was an upset and Emma won it. I thought her and Anton's Waltz was beautiful, and I loved the piece of music they danced to. Be lovely to see Anton win it as well after years of being lumbered with the dead weight contestants.

Though I think Karim's been the best overall dancer this series, there's no way he's winning now. The producers have done that typical thing narrative wise of positioning him as the overconfident, teeth gleaming spawn of Satan reviled by Craig on account of the fact he was at a stage school or did a bit of dancing in a previous career, and that Kelvin is the salt of the earth good guy who can't put a foot wrong.

They do this every year with certain contestants - Rachel Stevens, Denise van Outen, Aston Merrygold, the list is endless, and it's one of the reasons I've given up on this show.

+Quote this post
Monzo
post 14th December 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #319
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349

Living in Germany I know Motsi Mabuse as a tv personality for many years. Do you like her on SCD?

Over here in magazines and on Motsi's home tv station it is said that she is so popular in the UK and everybody loves her so very much. Is it true or just wishful thinking by the press?

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 14th December 2019, 07:42 PM
Post #320
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Anyone but Anton to win it.

+Quote this post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >