BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jesy Nelson - Bad Thing • 2nd single, Release date: April 14th 2023
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
ChrisJK
post 21st April 2023, 05:20 PM
Post #201
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 122,015

Let's look for the positives...

#15 in the Downloads Chart
#17 in the Sales Chart
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 21st April 2023, 05:42 PM
Post #202
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Whoops!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 21st April 2023, 06:17 PM
Post #203
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

Thanks for the positives Chris! wub.gif

It looked unlikely from the start that it would chart, however it doesn't stop 'Bad Thing' from being a great song.

It also looks like Jesy is not going to let this get her down:

'Can't Stop Wont Stop' wub.gif

+Quote this post
Impossible Fever
post 21st April 2023, 08:36 PM
Post #204
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

I guess we saw this coming, at least it charted on the sales chart though.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 22nd April 2023, 02:05 PM
Post #205
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Love her positive attitude ❤️

‘Such a beautiful week, so much love for you guys for all the support on the track🥹🤍’

This post has been edited by Slayer: 22nd April 2023, 02:06 PM

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd April 2023, 06:10 PM
Post #206
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Well this flopped harder than I even expected, you would have thought she had enough fans and curiosity streams to get it to chart at least.

Her career is in the place already where the only chart success she might see is multi formats giving her a decent album position. So low and behold there is no album pre-order or even proper talk of one finished.

She has two career paths right now, Louis Tomlinson or Liam Payne. Louis and his label realise his only real success will be multi format album releases and touring. Liam kept throwing shit at the wall hoping to get a hit and even ended up killing the fanbase he had off.

I don't think Jesy has the self awareness to know a Louis career is her best bet and I expect her to keep releasing songs that do sod all till her small fanbase just gets so tired of it and move on.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 23rd April 2023, 06:28 PM
Post #207
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I feel like if she had at least some radio support it would have 100% charted (still extremely low), but yes her fanbase is small but I see casuals enjoying the new song so she is slowly getting people on board. The reactions to the song/video in general have been pretty good, it is the lack of radio promo/playlisting as well as the obvious backlash from the last single. It's a shame the song didn't do better as it is really good.

This post has been edited by Slayer: 23rd April 2023, 06:28 PM

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 24th April 2023, 09:48 AM
Post #208
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

As expected, the press are having a field day:

Jesy Nelson suffers a major solo setback as her new single Bad Thing FAILS to enter the UK Top 100 - over a week after ex Little Mix star released comeback track WITHOUT a label

+Quote this post
tommie
post 24th April 2023, 10:45 AM
Post #209
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Okay, say what you will about the Daily Hate Mail, but they are experts at trolling with their image choices:

As an aside, it's a fairly pointless article because:

1) We don't know what her and her managements expectations are for this single

2) It's still early days, though I do think it's fairly unlikely to make any further impact

3) ... if she fails to reach those expectations, what is she going to do? Drop herself?

This post has been edited by tommie: 24th April 2023, 10:45 AM

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 24th April 2023, 12:32 PM
Post #210
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

They are such trash, however unfortunately I didn't expect anything different sad.gif

+Quote this post
ChrisJK
post 24th April 2023, 12:51 PM
Post #211
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 122,015

What a ridiculous article.

"It can be revealed" - 2 days after the official charts were confirmed

Comparison to Lewis Capaldi - one is an independent release, the other was the most high-profile release of the week from one of the biggest pop stars in the country.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 24th April 2023, 02:54 PM
Post #212
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

She was always unlikely to get radio support without an apology and an 'I've learned' narrative.

It utterly baffles me that she would change her image away from the blackfishing and yet STILL not acknowledge it. This is the worst of both worlds! You have a ready built redemption narrative to restart your solo career from, a record label you're no longer associated with you can blame it all on, and you just... don't. You're pretending your first single didn't happen and then getting annoyed/surprised when media outlets bring it up with you despite the fact that to all intents and purposes, apart from Bake Off you haven't been a public figure since then AND haven't given any explanation for it yet.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 24th April 2023, 03:58 PM
Post #213
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

She addressed it in interviews at the time, instead of constantly bringing this up and constantly being on the attack in this thread to derail please dm me and I can direct you to the interviews. It has been acknowledged, I do not understand this false narrative that she never has. I get she may not have to the extent you wish she had but you’re non-stop going on about it in here to make snipes when we’re trying to move forward and so is she. She’s waaay less tan, looser curls etc, her hairstylist has even said she doesn’t want tight curls like before and they are trying to be mindful.

Please do not respond to disagree/argue, we can continue in DM’s if there is anything further to say about this.

This post has been edited by Slayer: 24th April 2023, 04:04 PM

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 24th April 2023, 04:08 PM
Post #214
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

This is going around on twitter, I’d be very surprised if it was real, however half the people on this list have been announced today…

The other half is being announced tomorrow, so I guess we’ll see then.

Capital aren’t even supporting the song so it’d be odd for them to have her perform, I wouldn’t think she’d land such a gig right now.

This post has been edited by Slayer: 24th April 2023, 04:20 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 24th April 2023, 05:24 PM
Post #215
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

QUOTE(Slayer @ Apr 24 2023, 04:58 PM) *
She addressed it in interviews at the time, instead of constantly bringing this up and constantly being on the attack in this thread to derail please dm me and I can direct you to the interviews. It has been acknowledged, I do not understand this false narrative that she never has. I get she may not have to the extent you wish she had but you’re non-stop going on about it in here to make snipes when we’re trying to move forward and so is she. She’s waaay less tan, looser curls etc, her hairstylist has even said she doesn’t want tight curls like before and they are trying to be mindful.

Please do not respond to disagree/argue, we can continue in DM’s if there is anything further to say about this.

Sorry, but I'm not being on the attack or derailing. I can't not respond to this because leaving it up suggests that I'm gulty of something here and I reject that assertion. The subject is Jesy Nelson and Jesy Nelson's single, not unanimous praise for Jesy Nelson and her single and her solo career as is.

Furthermore I'm not even being critical OF HER directly??? Just of her approach to her own career/her management's, like I would (and do) for any other artist when they release something after a scandal.

To move back to the topic the point is that if you have a big platform with which to get attention I if I had been in her shoes might have thought of how best to use that most wisely. I agree with the Louis or Liam comment earlier & would add there is a difference between wanting to have a career as a musician and wanting to have a career as a popstar. One way or another this will be her learning curve in that regard; for the latter, you need to go all out to play the game and be what people expect you to be.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 24th April 2023, 05:29 PM
Post #216
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

QUOTE(Slayer @ Apr 23 2023, 07:28 PM) *
I feel like if she had at least some radio support it would have 100% charted (still extremely low), but yes her fanbase is small but I see casuals enjoying the new song so she is slowly getting people on board. The reactions to the song/video in general have been pretty good, it is the lack of radio promo/playlisting as well as the obvious backlash from the last single. It's a shame the song didn't do better as it is really good.

What rubbish. laugh.gif

It didn't even chart. It's streams and views are abysmal. Zero hype. Nobody cares about Jesy Nelson outside of a few music forums.

And blaming the song flopping on radio/promo and 'backlash'. rolleyes.gif You mean Jesy's behaviour and attitude?

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post 24th April 2023, 10:05 PM
Post #217
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

She is finished!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 24th April 2023, 11:12 PM
Post #218
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Anyway wub.gif

Such a great song and video heart.gif

This post has been edited by Slayer: 24th April 2023, 11:14 PM

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 27th April 2023, 11:42 PM
Post #219
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 4th May 2023, 04:09 PM
Post #220
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

‘Bad Thing’ acoustic performance, loved it!

+Quote this post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd September 2024, 11:17 AM