BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What is your favorite Britney era?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Britney eras
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Sempachorra
post 12th September 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

This isnt about your favorite album, although it can be part of the equation. Simply, which era did you love to witness and experience? Maybe the singles were perfect, the reception was flawless, the promo was good, the videos delivered, the reaction from the GP was amazing, her performances were solid, and you wouldnt change a thing (or much).

Please justify your answer.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 12th September 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

'Britney' era.

5 reasons;

SLAVE VMA PERFORMANCE

PEPSI COMMERCIALS

HER BEST PHOTOSHOOT

HER BEST TOUR

Unless you Stan for a Jackson, your fave never danced as good as Britney in 2001

A popstar a dream era

This era is so f***ing iconic, even Madonna started taking notes at this time. Any pop star around would kill to have been slaying it like she was in this era. She had cornered markets from childhood to middle aged adults. This era is the reason she was not just popular as a teen star, she paved a way for the rest of her career with this album. It was such an amazing time to be a fan. Even radio banning her made no impact behind the power of her name, which is saying A LOT considering social media was almost non existent in 2001. Britney Spears became an icon by busting her f***ing ass not by making radio deals.

This post has been edited by Tyler: 12th September 2016, 08:36 PM

+Quote this post
post 12th September 2016, 08:36 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Circus, because I felt, like, even though it's one of her weaker albums overall, the public and charts were really responding to Britney in a way they hadent in a while. Both in the UK and US. Womanizer and Circus were both huge hits. It also marked the start of Brit's slow recovery from issues she'd had.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th September 2016, 11:40 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'In The Zone' for me, but 'Britney' era is a very, extremely close 2nd, mainly for all the reasons that Tyler stated, but also because it was the point in which I knew she was here to stay, all because she had starred in her own film!!

But I went for ITZ, because I thought not only were the performances top notch, but we also got a phenomenal, "best album of all time" worthy album out of it. Everything just seemed to work for her and I think it's the first (and only?) time where all her singles from one campaign peaked in the top 2! Radio was on her side. The public seemed to be on her side. Everything was just so, SO perfect. It was the era that got me through some crap too, so I'll always hold it in higher regards, due to that too!

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 12th September 2016, 11:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon

Well to be fair she only released 3 singles from that era in the UK - Outrageous would've bombed. But yeah, I agree with you there.

I think I'd go for the Oops or Britney era, everything just seemed to flow so nicely.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 13th September 2016, 03:25 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

QUOTE(Euphorique @ Sep 13 2016, 01:43 AM) *
Well to be fair she only released 3 singles from that era in the UK - Outrageous would've bombed. But yeah, I agree with you there.

I think I'd go for the Oops or Britney era, everything just seemed to flow so nicely.

Please bitch, nothing was bombing 99-09 for Britney smoke.gif

Outrageous would have deffo peaked top 5/3 if released/video/promoted!!!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 13th September 2016, 03:26 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

oh and between OIDIA, Britney and ITZ, I went with ITZ...simply because of Toxic...enough said!!

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post 13th September 2016, 05:40 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481

Britney Jean. kink.gif

+Quote this post
London
post 13th September 2016, 07:00 AM
Post #9
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

The Britney era. It's not even in my top 5 albums but she actually gave a shit back then and promotion was on point, particularly the slave for u promo. Some of the live performances around that time for not yet a woman were also pretty amazing.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 13th September 2016, 10:16 AM
Post #10
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

blackout. it was the first era where I'd actively taken an interest in her and her music. before that she was just there because she was inescapable. every single from blackout now triggers me to that time in my life and they're good triggers so i look back on that album really fondly. also the entire drama of her life surrounding the release of it makes it such an iconic era looking back. plus the songs really are just 🔥

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 13th September 2016, 10:34 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

In the Zone and Blackout are both examples Britney at the top of her game, although obviously for very different reasons.

In the Zone is the best package, a great year for her. Blackout is the better album, her best even, but you can't really credit a lot of that to her. Danja and Bloodshy & Avant were performing wizardry.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 13th September 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon

yeah Blackout, as much of a good album it is, had bad promo and performances, and mediocre videos. Maybe iconic in a so bad its great way?

+Quote this post
London
post 13th September 2016, 04:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

Blackout is a good era but everything outside the album was a car crash at that time - after such a strong era with promotion etc with In the Zone and great videos etc, Blackout wasn't great. Still better than Britney Jean era though. Of course.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th September 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Britney Jean' era has given us a few gorgeous shoots though! So we can't just focus on the material for this era haha.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 13th September 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #15
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

ITZ, because every performance was incredible (the album slays holes too) and while I know it wasn't her best selling album it has probably her most remembered song apart from BOMT in Toxic. wub.gif (MATM being lead single aside tho.)

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 15th September 2016, 10:31 AM
Post #16
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

This was really tough! I went for 'In The Zone', after much deliberation. With each new era I felt that she grew stronger as a performer, and the music continuously improved. 'In The Zone' really ticks every box, and I'd consider it to be her peak... it's just a shame that Brit-knee happened.

(While I think she continued the "new album better than all that came before" with 'Blackout', otherwise that era left a lot to be desired, for obvious reasons).

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:22 AM