BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> DANDY//MADONNA//FIFTY
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 18th March 2015, 10:22 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I like that William Orbit mix, just helps to give 'I'll Remember' a bit more life. I've never been a huge fan but Something to Remember allowed me to appreciate it a lot more, although I have been known to occasionally skip it when listening to that album.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 18th March 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

QUOTE(HausofFrasier @ Mar 14 2015, 04:35 PM) *
'Sorry' just above 'Get Together' is about where i'd place them too. 'Isaac' is absolutely brilliant and bonkers. Hoping my favourite 'Confessions...' track is still to come but i'm not sure if it will now after reading your commentary for 'Isaac' </3

Is it either Push or Like It Or Not then? If so, I'm afraid you are indeed going to be disappointed. :/

+Quote this post
Qween
post 18th March 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

It's probably Future Lovers, How High or Let It Will Be. Maybe.

Anyway onto a more important opinion, MINE. Cherish is fine, but it came at a point in her career where I can't help but view as a little basic and saccharine. It's one of those songs which I like to describe as eating a bowl of sugar. It's fine for a bit, even quite a bit, but the entire confection really is too much.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th March 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Mansonette

You eat bowls of sugar?

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 19th March 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #45
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

QUEEN!

(sorry I saw this thread title and got excited I haven't actually read anything yet)

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th March 2015, 08:23 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Mansonette

I was just about to post the next one but I keep changing my mind... I think everything is just excellent from here on in and whatever I choose just feels too darn low.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th March 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #47
Group icon
User: 13,007

QUOTE(dandystar @ Mar 18 2015, 10:23 PM) *
Is it either Push or Like It Or Not then? If so, I'm afraid you are indeed going to be disappointed. :/

My favourite album track from 'Confessions...' (and second favourite album track from her overall) is 'Forbidden Love' ohmy.gif i am hoping it is still to come, although anything from that album is worthy tbf.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th March 2015, 08:25 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(HausofFrasier @ Mar 19 2015, 08:24 PM) *
My favourite from 'Confessions' (and my second favourite album track from her) is 'Forbidden Love' ohmy.gif i am hoping it is still to come, although anything from that album is worthy tbf.

Ohhhhhhhh... I assumed you meant one of the other two as I'd said Isaac was the last great track on the album, ruling out the ones after...

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th March 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #49
Group icon

QUOTE(dandystar @ Mar 19 2015, 08:25 PM) *
Ohhhhhhhh... I assumed you meant one of the other two as I'd said Isaac was the last great track on the album, ruling out the ones after...

Oh.. i misread your initial post as you meaning the last great track off the album to feature in this countdown! My bad ohmy.gif Reading it back and yes i'd agree with that, although 'Push' is essential too. As you were~ kink.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th March 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Mansonette

THIRTY FOUR

Queen

Well I did say I couldn't decide what to put in next so I've elected to let Tyrren have the decision. Queen it is then, although it's only up next because of how new the track is to me and I just couldn't put it above those still to come... well not yet anyway. The song itself is one of the clear high points of Rebel Heart, it may be ridiculous but I actually shed a tear when I heard it for the first time. Aside from loving the music and structure, it's the lyrics that really set this one apart - it's such a brave lyric from her, an honesty that's rare from a Madonna track and, more than that, an honesty that is truly easy to relate to as her icon status has ensured that her gradual descent in popularity since Hard Candy has been done so very publicly. There are three bits in particular that kill me every time... firstly the Black parade, motorcade, destiny sings farewell, church bells... is anyone listening?, the bridge in which she is at her most explicit description of beginning to believe what everyone else was saying about her becoming irrelevant to a new audience and, finally, the may God bless you all outro... something that would have acted as the perfect end to the album and the perfect way to say thank you to those who have traveled her journey with her. It really is such a wonderful and brave track. Long live the Queen.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th March 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Mansonette

THIRTY THREE

Jump

Stuart Price brought many classic sounds from electronic music's history to the table when he produced the Confessions album, one such sound being the mid 80s synths of the Pet Shop Boys and it's clear to hear the influence of West End Girls on this. Jump was my favourite track on the album for ages at the time, or more specifically the *.*tastic way in which Forbidden Love morphs into Jump on the album mix. Despite slipping from best Confessions track status, it's still a fantastically uplifting track - I kinda want to get drawn into the slightly basic lyrics but they only really add to how uplifting the track is for me. The extraordinarily BASIC and LITERAL video however is a step too far so I'm blaming it entirely for it no longer being top dog in Confessions land.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 19th March 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #52
Group icon

QUOTE(dandystar @ Mar 19 2015, 09:25 PM) *
Jump was my favourite track on the album for ages at the time, or more specifically the *.*tastic way in which Forbidden Love morphs into Jump on the album mix.

Good god YES. I don't care if it's hyperbolic, but that is without a doubt my FAVOURITE moment in the entirety of her back catalogue. 'Jump' is also my favourite Madonna song i think and i always get raised eyebrows whenever i say that. But glad to see you enjoy it too, it's a beast. Not huge on the video either actually, but who cares when the song is as HUGE as this.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 19th March 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I've always loved Jump, probably about 5th/6th in my Confessions rank, but as we know it's the best album ever etc etc etc.

I even like the video, it's a bit too literal but it works and can you imagine if she put that much effort into a video FULL STOP these days (granted she probably did for GMAYL)

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th March 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Mansonette

THIRTY TWO

Justify My Love

So it's time to release your first best of compilation and having an impossibly great selection of previous singles simply isn't good enough for Madonna. By this point in her career, Madge had more than learned that a bit of controversy and drama was needed to truly capture all the headlines... well firstly she used the (frankly amazing name/pun) of The Immaculate Collection but her real moment was to release a song that would be her most controversial to date. Step forward 'Justify My Love'. There have been a few times in Madonna's career where she's tried to release a song that could be deemed as being sexy, I think this is the only time that it truly works for her as she purrs out Lenny Kravitz's lyrics. Couple it with an amazing video that was clearly created with the sole purpose of being banned and you have the perfect recipe to shift a hell of a lot of your best of. I think my favourite thing about Justify My Love is the sheer confidence it oozes, the groans, moans and risqué lyrics are there from the very off, coupled with a pretty leftfield beat for the queen of pop and it just shouts a star that isn't afraid to follow her desires and musical beliefs - something she had of course been doing for years but this took it to a entirely different level for me.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 19th March 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Mansonette

THIRTY ONE

Ghosttown

It feels slightly ridiculous going from the paragraph I've just written about Justify My Love to this, a song that's barely been with us a few weeks, but that's where we're going regardless. It's not as important a track in her back catalogue as the last one but it's one of those songs that Madonna comes up with every few albums where I just know that I am going to adore it forever from the very first time I hear it. It starts off pleasantly enough before going into the bridge (one of the more melodic things Madonna has come up with in many a year) before the chorus unexpectedly explodes in... I have a feeling it's actually a mixture of about 10 of her other tracks as I always have a feeling that I've heard that hook or that chord structure before but as long as she's making music like this again then I simply don't care. Actually, I started by saying this wasn't an important track in Madonna's back catalogue but I'm probably wrong about that one... I think the main reason I love this so much is I was very much one of the fans who had started to write her off during Hard Candy and (especially) MDNA but this was the song that turned it around for me and made me realise she still had great music to offer.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 19th March 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #56
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(dandystar @ Mar 19 2015, 09:50 PM) *
THIRTY FOUR

Queen

Well I did say I couldn't decide what to put in next so I've elected to let Tyrren have the decision. Queen it is then, although it's only up next because of how new the track is to me and I just couldn't put it above those still to come... well not yet anyway. The song itself is one of the clear high points of Rebel Heart, it may be ridiculous but I actually shed a tear when I heard it for the first time. Aside from loving the music and structure, it's the lyrics that really set this one apart - it's such a brave lyric from her, an honesty that's rare from a Madonna track and, more than that, an honesty that is truly easy to relate to as her icon status has ensured that her gradual descent in popularity since Hard Candy has been done so very publicly. There are three bits in particular that kill me every time... firstly the Black parade, motorcade, destiny sings farewell, church bells... is anyone listening?, the bridge in which she is at her most explicit description of beginning to believe what everyone else was saying about her becoming irrelevant to a new audience and, finally, the may God bless you all outro... something that would have acted as the perfect end to the album and the perfect way to say thank you to those who have traveled her journey with her. It really is such a wonderful and brave track. Long live the Queen.

biggrin.gif!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 20th March 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Mansonette

Well it's either that or it's a very honest track about only being able to finish top 50 in the rate results these days.

We're just sooooo Madonna.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 20th March 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #58
Group icon
DROTTNING!

I used to think I was the Gaga of this forum, but in retrospect I'm quite certainly the Madonna.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 20th March 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Mansonette

THIRTY

Sky Fits Heaven

So here's an unpopular opinion, or rather a Regina opinion. I've been reading his comments about Ray of Light as an album and, while I think it's an accomplished album, I can see what he means when he says it can be a bit of a boring listen in it's entirety. I put it on while I was compiling this list and found myself thinking something very similar in retrospect, where are the typically fun moments to break up the oh so tasteful productions? ...anyway, moving on from that... here's one that I did still enjoy and it makes for a much appreciated burst of energy at the very heart of the album. Sky Fits Heaven has a typical slow start to it, like many a Madge track, and then suddenly bursts to life for me at 0:33 when the beat kicks in... and then the percussion kicks in... and then the strings and piano and that chorus which brings a much needed sense of melody to the album at that point in the tracklisting. As with most of the brilliant tracks on the album, there's those guitars that make their presence felt during the central section, only this time they feel heavier and more aggressive than normal. My absolute favourite bits are the percussive rolls that happen every now and again throughout the track (see 3:52) and provide a revitalised sense of urgency. The only question that now remains is why this wasn't a single?!! It was always a favourite of mine and pretty much everyone I knew loved it too...

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 20th March 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #60
Group icon

I have only *just* fallen for this song. The lyrics are my favourite part, but the whole production is so uplifting and whimsical. Really reflects the album well so i too am shocked it never got single treatment.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 08:41 AM