BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Summer Transfer Thread 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jark
post 1st September 2015, 06:02 PM
Post #341
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

QUOTE(Silas @ Sep 1 2015, 04:51 PM) *
It clearly happened so late that they 'accidentally' f***ed up so they could get him free next year.

Well as per Real's very detailed account of the day, they sent the papers at 1.30pm and they weren't returned for over 8 hours (!) so it really doesn't sound like the blame's at their door to me.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 1st September 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #342
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

They will blame each and one other over the De Gea situation won't they?

How do you feel your club has done in this summer's transfer window?

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st September 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #343
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

United have released their own statement and it varies wildly from Real's.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st September 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #344
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features...campaign=ManUtd

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 1st September 2015, 06:45 PM
Post #345
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

Think we've ended the transfer window really strongly. The amount of injuries at West Ham left the squad so stretched in August, as the sub's bench at Anfield showed. However, with all the new signings and the eventual return of the likes of Carroll, Song, Valencia etc, we look as strong as is possible for West Ham laugh.gif

Great that a lot of deadwood was released too. Jussi, Carlton and Nolan all served the club well but their time was up. Shame Downing left, but we've covered the wings now and Maiga was just out of his depth. Players like O'Brien, Jarvis, Amalfintano & Collins remain but as back-ups they're not terrible (unless relied upon for months).

Competition for places everywhere but full-backs now I think.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 1st September 2015, 09:44 PM
Post #346
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Think Liverpool have had a good window, made some good signings, but our midfield still worries me. We lack match winners.

The whole Man Utd and Real Madrid thing if farcical, I mean I've no idea whose side to believe. If I'm honest I think it's probably half and half. It does look as if Man Utd sat on the documents for 8 hours, then Real probably made a few changes, then it led to the delay. What's crazy is you have a player who wants to play, but I don't think his heart is in it for United, especially not with the big drama that's happened. It's crazy that this situation has happened, and it's the fault of both clubs as clearly both were trying to pull fast ones over each other.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 1st September 2015, 11:40 PM
Post #347
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

This deadline day didn't seem as dramatic to me as I thought that it would be (barring the De Gea situation). Maybe it's because it didn't go up to 11pm like it normally did in previous times.

My favourite deadline days were:

September 2008: when Berbatov joined Man Utd & Robinho joined Man City late in the night and loads of people was surprised by Robinho's decision to join Manchester City meanwhile it was looking like Berba wasn't going to complete his transfer in time.

February 2009: When Andrey Arshavin joined Arsenal after the transfer was delayed due to a snowstorm in London

January 2011: When Torres joined Chelsea for 50 Million pounds

I remember seeing the hyped up Arsenal fans surrounding the journalist on Sky Sports News when the news of Mesut Ozil's signing came through as well.

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 6th September 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #348
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

Madrid had the whole of June, July AND August to finalise a deal, though, and waited until the last day to attempt to fish out the best deal possible for themselves. I fully understand Dave's reasons for wanting to leave, mainly family related, but he's a fool if he believes he'll be welcomed with open arms in Madrid. He's at a club with fans who love him. I've no doubt in my mind he's a consummate professional who will give his all for another year though, assuming he is allowed back in team (freezing him out would be suicidal, Romero is a number two at his utter best)

+Quote this post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:07 AM