BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
26 Pages V  « < 24 25 26  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor 2014 • Live Show 1, Number 1s & Wildcard twist!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 12th October 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #501
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(▬Mart!n▬ @ Oct 12 2014, 08:52 PM) *
Got a funny feeling Simon will vote one of his own acts if he is in the bottom 2 cough Stevi cough, that would be a first laugh.gif

I wish the judges were more daring and do stuff like this nowadays.

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Oct 12 2014, 10:19 PM) *
Oh and this was the facebook likes from week one, spot on bottom 3 -

Andrea Faustini - 44K
Ben Haenow - 29K
Lauren Platt - 24K
Fleur East - 22K
Paul Akister - 14K
Jake Quickenden - 10K
Jack Walton - 9.7K
Lola Saunders - 9K
Stereo Kicks - 8.7K
Chloe Jasmine - 8K
Only The Young - 8K
Jay James - 7K
Stevi Ritchie - 5.9K
------------------------------------------
Overload Generation - 3.8K
Stephanie Nala - 3.2K
------------------------------------------
Blonde Electra - 3K
Could someone send me the link for each of these pages please? I really can't find Fleur's page at all when I search for it sad.gif Only The Young (before I watched the results show - which finished 15 mins or so ago for me) had 11k+ on their Facebook page!

---

Right, to the sing off... Good Lord Overload Generation were abysmal. Probably the worst I've heard anyone in the bottom two, ever. No connection with the song/the others in the group, no harmonies, no anything. :/ The new girl group had better chemistry than they did!

I am sorry, it may be "blind mode" or whatever, well actually it isn't because I sure as hell ain't saying it was "perfect", but I really don't get the negativity towards Steph's performance and it being "awful"/"she sounded really bad" at all. I thought she did a good job (not perfect), but the best we've heard from her so far (not including her Luminites perfs) and she is actually already building her confidence in a pretty big way. She definitely seemed more at ease tonight than she has done before on her own and I am really happy with her performance tonight.

Ecstatic that the boyband are gone though! I genuinely feared for Steph when it went to deadlock - even though I was hoping Louis would "do a Simon" and actually vote out Overload.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th October 2014, 11:14 PM
Post #502
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

The Facebook likes are actually stats for the photos with a screenshot of the contestants performance that the official X Factor page puts up tongue.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 12th October 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #503
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

The funny thing is that Jessie J called x-factor bullies last week laugh.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 12th October 2014, 11:48 PM
Post #504
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Fairly pleased about the result! Overload Generation were dead weight and are no loss to the competition at all (sorry Joseph x). One of the worst sing-off performances ever.

It's such a shame Blonde Electric have gone so soon, because as far as "novelty" acts go there was actually some talent there. "Sigh" at the public apparently latching onto Stevi over them. sad.gif

Oh Stephanie. She seems like a sweet girl but I just don't see the huge appeal with her beyond her cute looks and temperament. I agree that she looks like a ready made popstar, but I'm not convinced that her voice would even sound particularly appealing on record. It's so flimsy and babyish. I appreciate that she was understandably nervous during the sing-off, but so many rise to the occasion during that moment and she really didn't... and as songs go, Have You Ever doesn't seem like a particularly difficult one to sing. She really needs to step it up next week. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
jakee
post 12th October 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #505
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

QUOTE(DonaldDuck @ Oct 13 2014, 12:23 AM) *
The funny thing is that Jessie J called x-factor bullies last week laugh.gif

props for the irrelevant fact

+Quote this post
jakee
post 12th October 2014, 11:53 PM
Post #506
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

sadly gay interest acts falter at the first stage but thankfully a few almost interesting acts will be there in a couple of weeks

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 13th October 2014, 12:02 AM
Post #507
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Oct 13 2014, 12:48 AM) *
Fairly pleased about the result! Overload Generation were dead weight and are no loss to the competition at all (sorry Joseph x). One of the worst sing-off performances ever.

It's such a shame Blonde Electric have gone so soon, because as far as "novelty" acts go there was actually some talent there. "Sigh" at the public apparently latching onto Stevi over them. sad.gif

Oh Stephanie. She seems like a sweet girl but I just don't see the huge appeal with her beyond her cute looks and temperament. I agree that she looks like a ready made popstar, but I'm not convinced that her voice would even sound particularly appealing on record. It's so flimsy and babyish. I appreciate that she was understandably nervous during the sing-off, but so many rise to the occasion during that moment and she really didn't... and as songs go, Have You Ever doesn't seem like a particularly difficult one to sing. She really needs to step it up next week. ohmy.gif

I can convince you! happy.gif Here is a preview of Stephanie singing on a studio version of 'It Hurts So Good' (it was the B-side to their single 'Do Something' last year and is basically a Stephanie solo track except a bit of rapping that isn't in this video - I can't find the full studio version anyway). This is only the beginning of the song, Steph's vocals really shine at the end of this so do check the full version out on Spotify (assuming it's on there!)

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 13th October 2014, 12:55 AM
Post #508
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Oct 12 2014, 01:33 AM) *
reading all the comments back
you did NOT say that omg.

Sorry only just seen this but yes I did!

But anyway I find it strange why you seem to dislike her so much considering you seemed to be such a fan of her when she was with the Luminites? And when me and a few others are saying Steph does have the potential to be a great singer and popstar - I don't understand why you don't seem to believe this at all at least one little bit?

The only reason I say this is because I've just been reading through the 'Do Something' thread and it stood out to me that you give Steph and the whole band so much praise, and to completely go the other way seems unusual to me. I accept that opinions can change, especially now that Steph is solo - but your opinions seems to have changed very drastically especially when you were a fan of her voice and how she did on Britain's Got Talent. Surely you saw on that show the potential she has seeing as you were such a fan of them even if she hasn't quite managed to do it solo yet.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 13th October 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #509
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I'm still not too sure about her voice after that Ryan! Hopefully she comes back fighting next week anyway. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 13th October 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #510
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Oct 13 2014, 01:55 AM) *
Sorry only just seen this but yes I did!

But anyway I find it strange why you seem to dislike her so much considering you seemed to be such a fan of her when she was with the Luminites? And when me and a few others are saying Steph does have the potential to be a great singer and popstar - I don't understand why you don't seem to believe this at all at least one little bit?

The only reason I say this is because I've just been reading through the 'Do Something' thread and it stood out to me that you give Steph and the whole band so much praise, and to completely go the other way seems unusual to me. I accept that opinions can change, especially now that Steph is solo - but your opinions seems to have changed very drastically especially when you were a fan of her voice and how she did on Britain's Got Talent. Surely you saw on that show the potential she has seeing as you were such a fan of them even if she hasn't quite managed to do it solo yet.

I was a fan of Luminites, not Stephanie Nala. They, as a group, worked extremely well together and deserved all the success they achieved on BGT, but Steph as a solo artist is just such a weak component and probably won't be able to do very much at all in the way of paving her own way away from the group. She has a very limited voice (as proven both on Saturday and Sunday), she has severe confidence issues (apparently), and has no aura about her at all. There are a few others saying that she has potential, yes, but I wouldn't say that's what you're saying. In numerous posts it just feels like you're trying to force people to like her? "watch this youtube video and appreciate her god-given talent!!!1!". The only potential I see in her is somebody who wants to become an artist but will release an EP that a very small fanbase will enjoy and she'll never be heard of again until someone says 'oh remember her from X Factor? yeah... no.'

I'm not even going to reply to your second paragraph because once again, it's as if you're saying that when I supported Luminites on BGT I was only supporting them for Steph? I supported them for the group that they were, she was not the be-all and end-all.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 13th October 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #511
Group icon
User: 13,007

I only watched BGT half-heartedly but i remember sort of liking Luminites, but i agree with Calum that Stephanie on the show now is incomparable to them as a band on that show. If people are supporting her because they liked her on there, then that's fair enough, but as i have little recollection of what she was like there, i am only basing it on her performances on the show, which IMO haven't been anywhere near as good to me as some are saying.

I am not discounting anyone's opinion; the fact i love(d) Blonde Electra will be met with some raised eyebrows too and i respect that, but i don't think forcing Youtube videos of her in the studio is going to change my opinion of her ON the show. I'm sure everyone sounds better if we were to search for their polished rehearsed performances. I am open to liking her again (as i said i usually GET artists like her) but she has a lot to prove after the weekend's shows. We'll see if she can do it ~

I also don't buy the "horrible edit" arguement for Steph or any other act. No matter how poorly they're edited into the show, live performances stand on their own, and unless the producers decide to sabotage their vocals then we really can't complain.

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 13th October 2014, 06:23 PM
Post #512
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

QUOTE(HausofAquarius @ Oct 13 2014, 06:05 PM) *
I also don't buy the "horrible edit" arguement for Steph or any other act. No matter how poorly they're edited into the show, live performances stand on their own, and unless the producers decide to sabotage their vocals then we really can't complain.

Exactly, she has had the same coverage as Fleur for example who seems to be gaining popularity through her performances. Stephanie is not unpopular because she hasn't been shown, shes unpopular because she is shit.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 13th October 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #513
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I think Luminites should have done X Factor instead, I really think they would have done well.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th October 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #514
Group icon
🙄

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Oct 13 2014, 12:51 AM) *
props for the irrelevant fact

It was actually a relevant fact as it has to do with a guest performer biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th October 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #515
Group icon
🙄

I see exactly where Ryan is coming from, the other acts have had much more screentime in comparison to Steph and there must be something about Steph if she was good enough to make Cheryl final three. I'm almost positive that Steph will be the act who progresses most week by week depending on how long she's kept in for.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th October 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #516
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I think Steph is one of those acts who will be golden when they get it right, but it's just going to be so easy to get it wrong and have it become a mess. Unfortunately, a show like this you can't afford to be like that...

+Quote this post
Totto
post 13th October 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #517
Group icon
I was grindin' with the DJ with my hands on the floor!
User: 20,441

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 13 2014, 09:37 PM) *
I think Steph is one of those acts who will be golden when they get it right, but it's just going to be so easy to get it wrong and have it become a mess. Unfortunately, a show like this you can't afford to be like that...

Exactly.

There is no need for to be unconfident. I really want her to shine, because she has so much potential. She wasn't very good, I'm still rooting for her.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 13th October 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #518
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Steph is only in the lives because she is obviously on Simon's books and he is trying to make her happen. It must be painfully obvious by now though to Simon that she isn't going to happen.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 13th October 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #519
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

The thing is for Steph firstly is there the other three girl acts are all stronger vocally and have had more screen time. Then she really does have a Janet Devlin style voice. Yes it's nice and quirky but in a 10 week singing contest your voice will regularly be shown up because certain styles & songs will suit her, and others will not. I don't mind her, I like her voice and I think she could be commercially successful but I just can't see her lasting much longer.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 13th October 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #520
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Davidson @ Oct 13 2014, 07:23 PM) *
Stephanie is not unpopular because she hasn't been shown, shes unpopular because she is shit.

tbh.

+Quote this post

26 Pages V  « < 24 25 26
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:20 PM