BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Roman J. Israel, Esq., OUT NOW | Denzel Washington, Colin Farrell, Carmen Ejogo
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Feb 4 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Was hoping I'd be able to skip this after the bad reviews but I had to watch it after Denzel snatched the nomination.

The film itself was alright, nothing special at all and filled a bit too much with law jargon for me to fully grasp what was going on but at least it had a few good scenes and started to pick up the pace a bit after Denzel went on the run. I'm so shocked Denzel got in for this performance though aside from the fact he's clearly beloved by the Academy, he may have acted a little bit socially awkward but I found the performance to be very nothingy and something that he could do in his sleep. It makes it even more perplexing seeing as the film didn't exactly get amazing reviews either. Tom Hanks (or even James Franco) would have been much more deserving nominees in my opinion...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
BillyH
post Feb 4 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,614
My theory is that Washington was a last-minute replacement for Franco, after a few allegations started appearing in the run-up to nominations.

Didn't mind this film, didn't hate it but neither is it a must-see - a 50% Rotten Tomatoes score is about right. Worth seeing if you have an Unlimited/Limitless card.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:17 PM