BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Turn It Into Love vs. I'm Over Dreaming (Over You), Like a Drug vs. Lost Without You
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Best Songs
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Padamic Tension
post 28th April 2020, 09:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

As some album track faves were mentioned, turn it into love and im over dreaming over you are 2 popular non UK singles from her first 2 albums, in later albums, Like a drug and lost without you are also 2 popular non single songs. Vote for the songs you like the best.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post 28th April 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Both are brilliant in the first poll.
Like a Drug in the second.
Turn It Into Love, I'm Over Dreaming (Over You) and Like a Drug are superb Kylie songs.
Lost Without You is ok but not in the same league or even close.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 28th April 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #3
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

"Better that they were never a single" as an option seems like a bit of an aside to the main point of the poll, i.e. you're primarily wanting people to choose a favourite?

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 28th April 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Sorry if it is confusing i suppose i was just looking for an overall view on the songs as in which was more and least popular and do people they they could have done well as singles etc. I went with songs that seem popular here from the different albums. In the first round im a huge fan of both, in the 2nd i never really got the popularity of lost without you much like i dont with get outta my way but know its popular here as is like a drug.

This post has been edited by Feel_The_Fever: 28th April 2020, 09:17 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 28th April 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The selected songs showcase the calibre of Kylie album tracks.
Every Kylie album offers some stellar album tracks, Kiss Me Once less so, than her other offerings.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 28th April 2020, 09:27 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I think sometimes these polls can come across as a little random or a little too forced and the discussion that's raised can occur in pre-existing threads. I don't wish to discourage activity at all but from what I've seen I think that's the impression it's leaving on some people.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 28th April 2020, 10:04 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I enjoy the variants the polls bring as often they showcase a variety of songs that are popular among various discussions that came about in threads elsewhere.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 28th April 2020, 11:22 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(pippa @ Apr 28 2020, 11:04 PM) *
I enjoy the variants the polls bring as often they showcase a variety of songs that are popular among various discussions that came about in threads elsewhere.

I'd possibly find some of the polls to be more engaging if it was more obviously apparent what the connection between the songs is (other than them simply being Kylie songs, lol)? What was the thought process behind Get Outta My Way vs Like a Drug vs Into the Blue?

This poll seems a bit random too honestly, but nevertheless I'll contribute my thoughts...

~

Lost Without You > Like a Drug

I think Lost Without You is absolutely magnificent! I feel every word she's singing, the lyrics are so optimistic and powerful. wub.gif I love the atmospheric production. It really stands out on Golden in a good way, and it's a sound I'd like her to tap into again on her forthcoming album.

I'd be interested to know what about it doesn't click for you, Feel_the_Fever and Pippa? What about it do you find to be lacking? Do you honestly not feel the emotion of it? sad.gif It kind of stuns me that a song of this nature could be thought of as merely being "ok".

Like a Drug is a bit of a bop, but it comes off as relatively frivolous when directly compared to the beauty of Lost Without You.

Turn It Into Love > I'm Over Dreaming Over You

The latter is pretty basic, it seems like the sort of song SAW churned out without particularly trying... it doesn't stand out. Kylie sounds like she's on autopilot.

Turn It Into Love has something more to it. The production is typically joyous, but the lyrical theme is actually quite dramatic and heavy, which makes it interesting. The way she sings matches the lyrics, she really sounds like she's imploring the person she's singing about to listen to her and believe in what she's saying.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 28th April 2020, 11:29 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I seem to suffer with songs that get hyped before I get to hear them. Get outta my way and lost without you were 2 songs from the dif albums that had great hype and I think my expectations of the songs were high on the back of this and in both cases my expectations weren't quiet met when I heard them. I do like lost without you but much prefer many of the other songs on the album and I kinda understand why it didnt make the cut on the standard edition of golden.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 28th April 2020, 11:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Apr 29 2020, 12:22 AM) *
I'd possibly find some of the polls to be more engaging if it was more obviously apparent what the connection between the songs is (other than them simply being Kylie songs, lol)? What was the thought process behind Get Outta My Way vs Like a Drug vs Into the Blue?

This poll seems a bit random too honestly, but nevertheless I'll contribute my thoughts...

Tea gaycat.png

In response to the poll though:

Lost Without You > Like a Drug

Turn It Into Love > I'm Over Dreaming (Over You)

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 29th April 2020, 08:27 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

‘I’m Over Dreaming Over You’ was such a moment on the Anti tour - forever a favourite Kylie track, and as good as the X album for me any song from ‘Golden’ is superior.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 29th April 2020, 09:36 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Apr 29 2020, 12:29 AM) *
I seem to suffer with songs that get hyped before I get to hear them. Get outta my way and lost without you were 2 songs from the dif albums that had great hype and I think my expectations of the songs were high on the back of this and in both cases my expectations weren't quiet met when I heard them. I do like lost without you but much prefer many of the other songs on the album and I kinda understand why it didnt make the cut on the standard edition of golden.

That was literally only because it didn't fit soundwise, as Kylie herself said. She had to fight to even get it a place on the album at all.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 29th April 2020, 11:36 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Lost Without You is a good song as are all the tracks on Golden but, i simply prefer most of the other tracks, the voice spoken part mid song I don't care for much.
I don't understand why Kylie had to fight so much for the song with the label and appears to have just about won the battle for its appearance on the deluxe edition

This post has been edited by pippa: 29th April 2020, 06:12 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th April 2020, 06:51 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It's a shame kylie had to fight so hard to get a song she loves on the album, I wonder how much of a say has kylie on picking the actual songs that make an album.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 29th April 2020, 10:39 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(pippa @ Apr 29 2020, 12:36 PM) *
the voice spoken part mid song I don't care for much.

Nooo ohmy.gif That part is so dramatic, emotional and gorgeous! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th April 2020, 10:58 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

After going back over some dannii songs this week I might do the same with some kylie songs that other fans love and I only like or dislike, I've tried it with KMO and my opinion is the same, but I'm going to go back to KM94 and body language as I dont listen to them and also have a few replays of songs like lost without you and more more from Fever.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 30th April 2020, 07:13 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Turn It Into Love > about 90% of the songs she’s recorded

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 30th April 2020, 10:30 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Turn it into love is great and as i said it is better than some of her singles she has released over the years, when kylie released the time capsule collection i did kind of expect turn it into love to be included with it having a Japan release and same with its no secret.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 30th April 2020, 02:12 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

They would have been great inclusions for the people who paid out a large sum of money for Time Capsule.
A release that really gave nothing new, but yet, I would like to have.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 30th April 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I have toyed with buying the time capsule a few times but i just feel it isnt worth it for now, i think sometime down the road if one was released with all her cd singles i might buy it. Id love a reissue to include cd singles from golden, and songs like turn it into love but maybe that is a big ask.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:57 PM