BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Oscars Review: 2010 - Best Picture
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 1st June 2017, 08:40 AM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

OSCARS 2010
BEST PICTURE

The nominees were:
The Hurt Locker
The Blind Side
District 9
An Education
Inglourious Basterds
Precious
A Serious Man
Up
Up in the Air

What were your favourites? What was unfairly snubbed? Who shouldn't have even been here in the first place?

Here are some of the other nominees from major awards from the same year:
Golden Globes
Drama:
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Precious
Up in the Air

Musical or Comedy:
The Hangover
(500) Days of Summer
It's Complicated
Julie & Julia
Nine

BAFTAS
The Hurt Locker
An Education
Precious
Up in the Air

SAG Awards (Ensemble award)
Inglourious Basterds
An Education
The Hurt Locker
Nine
Precious

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 1st June 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

1 Inglourious Basterds
2 District 9
3 An Education
4 The Hurt Locker
5 Precious
6 The Blind Side
7 Avatar
8 Up
NOT SEEN: Up in the Air, A Serious Man

This was a pretty strong year actually, I like pretty much all of the films here. I said about IB in the films you've watched in 2017 thread but yeah, I thought it was brilliant. So clever and funny and just a hoot really. District 9 is not far behind though, it's such a unique film and also very funny at times (I really liked Chappie too tbh!!). An Education has a lovely little story that gets you wrapped up into it, I ought to re-watch it sometime. The Hurt Locker was very good too, I liked how tense it was most of the time and it certainly made a deserving winner. Precious is good to but primarily down to the acting really even though the story is decent. The Blind Side is a bit rubbish but it's still cute at times and I did enjoy it. Avatar was amazing at the time but it was far too long and the story not special at all, I wouldn't be able to sit through it again. I've said about Up before, it has some lovely moments but the protagonist is too unlikeable for me to enjoy the film.

I liked Nine from this year loads tbh (even though it got terrible reviews and was never gonna make it sad.gif) Julie & Julia and The Last Station would have easily made my top 10 too, it's a shame they got nowhere aside from the acting categories...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:42 AM