BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Who Has The Best Shot At Solo Success?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Who Has The Best Shot At Solo Success?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
(Zach)
post Feb 27 2015, 03:15 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512
Assuming all the girls end up releasing solo albums, whose do you think will be the most successful?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Feb 27 2015, 03:20 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Vanessa would make sense - babyless, vocally the best (in my opinion, before Rochettes jump on me) and isn't torn in other directions so much as modelling isn't that consuming in comparison to say the number of presenting jobs Una/Rochelle have. However I honestly don't know if any of them would cut it solo - even Girls Aloud splitting proved some of their solo careers difficult and Cheryl was fortunate to have an ex-footballer as a hubby and X-Factor...

+Quote this post
P@ul
post Feb 27 2015, 07:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,742
I can only really see Vanessa and Una releasing solo albums.. And Una's would probably go top 10 in Ireland on the back of the Voice where as Vanessa's would most likely flop everywhere.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 27 2015, 08:12 AM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Una I think, none of them will have any kind of UK success at this rate and if she promotes using The Voice of Ireland, she can get a charting album over there laugh.gif

Sadly, the general public don't care for them as a group now and that will likely translate to solo careers at this stage.

+Quote this post
April
post Feb 27 2015, 09:57 AM
Post #5
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
Because of their profile, Rochelle or Frankie, but I can't either doing anything. Especially Rochelle, she seems to be firmly focused on TV presenting now.

Of the girls who are likely to do something, Una will probably have an Irish top 10 smash and maybe top 200 in the UK if she released something.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post Feb 27 2015, 03:08 PM
Post #6
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262
Rochelle is the one with the most connection in the industry and somehow she'll probably sit on the opportunity of having a solo career as a singer. But as I said in the past, I don't blame her. Her current job seems more steady in terms of paycheck ha. laugh.gif

If Vanessa releases something really good and original, then I can see her having some sort of minor success. If she goes for a similar Saturdays sound or something else generic and expected from her, I think she'll just sink in. Plus, she's extremely shy and doesn't seem to be able to be her usual "laid-back" self in interviews and stuff. I think the public won't really get into her except if she has killer material.

None for Frankie tbh.

So we have Una and Mollie. I think they can both manage """"success"""". Well, you know. Top 20 single, top 30 album, both out of the top 100 the 2nd or 3rd week. But still.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 27 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Una will manage some success in Ireland but i cant see any of them having a lasting solo career in music although they may have a tv career. Not sure who but i can see some of them doing feature hits as in providing vocals on some dance tracks but outside of that i cant really see any of them having music careers. Solo careers outside of girl groups is rare, some manage it short term, but on the whole they fade away, i know Cheryl Cole has managed it but she is the exception and had many contributing factors towards achieving the success she has. Sadly many of bands that were much bigger than the Saturdays never managed it but we could get a huge surprise.

Im not a huge fan of the Saturdays but have bought some of their singles occasionally and i dont know much about the girls, Una i know from Irish tv and i like her, but when Frankie was on strictly i found her very unlikable, she came across very cold and i just couldn't warm to her at all.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Feb 27 2015, 06:04 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
Maybe Rochelle could be as successful as Alesha Dixon.

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post Feb 27 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
None of them tbh.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Feb 27 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
I'd love Frankie to be a radio presenter though, come to think of it!

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Feb 27 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #11
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
No one, tbh, but Una can go indie and do amazing acoustic stuff.

+Quote this post
star.shine
post Feb 27 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #12
Group icon
swimming in the stars
User: 11,697
Rochelle purely due to factors such as the exposure she has right now and the fact she's slowly ingraining herself into the minds of the British public by consistently appearing in significant programming (Strictly Specials, Charity Specials, Television Specials, Daytime Television..). I feel so exudes stage presence more than some of the other girls without coming across as (TOO) pretentious. It all depends on her though.

QUOTE(♡ Heezus Froot ♡ @ Feb 27 2015, 08:46 PM) *
No one, tbh, but Una can go indie and do amazing acoustic stuff.

Off-topic but I honestly though that was Courtney Cox in your set. Bloody hell.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 27 2015, 11:34 PM
Post #13
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Una could get a top 10 Irish album.

Rochelle next followed by Frankie, Mollie and Vanessa! Hopefully Vanessa gets a couple of features

+Quote this post
kye
post Feb 27 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #14
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
Vanessa.

Least recognisable to shed the stigma of being in a girlband but known just enough to warrant attention.
She needs to go the Tinashe root to see any sort of success and it will definitely be slow burning.
It would come down to if she wanted to put the time and effort into promoting EVERYWHERE and the material would have to be GREAT.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Feb 27 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
I think Rochelle is the only one who could manage any meaningful success and that's mostly off the back of her becoming a household name as a presenter. It would have to be a very MoR album, and probably not for a few years until she can hit the 'mum' market properly.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post Feb 28 2015, 01:11 AM
Post #16
Group icon
I'm pretty sure each of them won't be doing the sound they should be doing.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Feb 28 2015, 02:53 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512
For me it's Mollie. Far from the most vocally able, but she seems to be the fan favorite and that could help her immensely. She also seems to have the most drive and has good musical taste so I could see her putting out some really strong material.

Vanessa could be a dark horse but if she finds success I doubt it'll be mainstream.

Agree about Una finding success in Ireland but that's about it.

I don't think Frankie would ever pursue a solo career and if she did, I don't think she would have the confidence to push it.

Rochelle is the only one that I have no idea on. She seems totally focused on presenting but I could see her putting out a solo album. With her voice and connections she might be able to manage solo success.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post Feb 28 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #18
Group icon
QUOTE((Zach) @ Feb 28 2015, 02:53 AM) *
For me it's Mollie. Far from the most vocally able, but she seems to be the fan favorite and that could help her immensely. She also seems to have the most drive and has good musical taste so I could see her putting out some really strong material.

Vanessa could be a dark horse but if she finds success I doubt it'll be mainstream.

Agree about Una finding success in Ireland but that's about it.

I don't think Frankie would ever pursue a solo career and if she did, I don't think she would have the confidence to push it.

Rochelle is the only one that I have no idea on. She seems totally focused on presenting but I could see her putting out a solo album. With her voice and connections she might be able to manage solo success.

This.

I do think people are underestimating Una a bit, though. Obviously I think we can definitely say she would have more chance to have success in Ireland than in the UK but the idea of her having the least chance (out of the five girls) in the UK is a bit ridiculous. She's not exactly "unpopular" or "unlikable" either.

The only reason I could potentially see as a problem with Una and Mollie is that they are both getting a bit older, and in a industry like music, it might not be the best for a label.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 28 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #19
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Mollie then Una
Can see Vanessa flopping and Frankie not releasing anything. Rochelle will get a couple of top 10's on dance track vocals (probably Luvbug) but won't release solo material I think

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Feb 28 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #20
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
The amount of miming from Mollie will be INSPIRATIONAL.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:26 AM