BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Riser Monthly, OCTOBER 2020
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Riser
post Nov 1 2020, 05:00 AM
Post #1
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

1. Sam Smith – Diamonds
2. Internet Money feat. Don Toliver, Gunna & Nav – Lemonade [6-2]
3. Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver – Exile
4. BTS – Dynamite [14-4]
5. 24kGoldn feat. Iann Dior – Mood [17-4-5]
6. Miley Cyrus – Midnight Sky [8-1-6]
7. Six60 – Sundown
8. Tate McRae – You Broke Me First [7-8]
9. Maroon 5 – Nobody’s Love [26-15-9]
10. Taylor Swift – Cardigan [19-3-10]

11. Clean Bandit & Mabel feat. 24kGoldn – Tick Tock [16-11]
12. Rudimental feat. Anne-Marie & Tion Wayne – Come Over
13. Paul Woolford, Diplo & Kareen Lomax – Looking For Me [8-13]
14. Sam Smith feat. Burna Boy – My Oasis [36-x-14]
15. Chris Stapleton – Starting Over
16. Chris Brown & Young Thug – Go Crazy [35-3-2-16]
17. Jason Aldean – Got What I Got [15-4-11-17]
18. Ashnikko – Daisy
19. Miranda Lambert – Bluebird [13-1-5-19]
20. Dua Lipa – Hallucinate [26-7-8-20]
21. Shawn Mendes – Wonder
22. Maren Morris – To Hell & Back
23. The Killers – My Own Soul’s Warning
24. Morgan Wallen – More Than My Hometown
25. Le Youth – Swimming [30-25]
26. Dermot Kennedy – Giants [22-26]
27. Sigala & James Arthur – Lasting Lover [33-27]
28. Ritt Momney – Put Your Records On
29. Jorja Smith feat. Popcaan – Come Over
30. Little Mix – Sweet Melody
31. Headie One feat. AJ Tracey & Stormzy – Ain’t It Different [31-31]
32. KSI feat. Craig David & Digital Farm Animals – Really Love
33. Ariana Grande – Positions
34. Joel Corry feat. MNEK – Head & Heart [9-6-19-34]
35. Surf Mesa feat. Emilee – Ily (I Love You Baby) [21-8-14-18-35]
36. Trevor Daniel x Selena Gomez – Past Life [28-10-12-36]
37. Drake feat. Lil Durk – Laugh Now Cry Later [38-37]
38. Jason Derulo – Take You Dancing [32-25-38]
39. Morgan Wallen – Chasin’ You [23-2-10-39]
40. AJR – Bang! [27-40]

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Nov 1 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Hi Riser!
Nice to see "Diamonds" debut at the top, "Dynamite" gain high and "Nobody's Love" reach the top 10!
I also like the debuts for "Exile", "Come Over", "Wonder", "My Own Soul's Warning", "Come Over", "Sweet Melody", "Really Love" and "Positions"!
Great chart!

+Quote this post
JSG
post Nov 2 2020, 10:05 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
Hey dude!
Nice to see Exile enter so high. It's lovely!
Dynamite with that massive climb. I took it off my on hold playlist because they its weeks long now and I don't wanna chart it too late so meh.
So I heard that Tate McCrae song for the first time on the Friday Chart show. It's fantastic! It's been added to next week's rotation cheer.gif
Oh I'm glad to see Tick Tock climbing. It's a bop, especially now that it's hit me so hard lol.
Good chart!

+Quote this post
Mangψ
post Nov 2 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
Hey Jordan!

1. Sam Smith – Diamonds A number one that I fully approve of! Easily one of Sam's best singles. I listened to the album today and it's surprisingly upbeat! There's a few inevitable ballads on there but there's some really strong uptempo songs too and some interesting production.
2. Internet Money feat. Don Toliver, Gunna & Nav – Lemonade [6-2] Not the kind of lemonade I'd make if life gave me lemons.
3. Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver – Exile Woah that's belated! It's one of the better songs on 'Folklore' for sure but I'm still not a big fan.
4. BTS – Dynamite [14-4]
23. The Killers – My Own Soul’s Warning This is a pleasant surprise! Did you chart 'Caution' too, I can't remember? I've listened to the album a few times now and I'm really enjoying it. Current single 'Blowback' is just as good as the first two tbh biggrin.gif
26. Dermot Kennedy – Giants [22-26] Why couldn't 'Chew On My Heart' become the sleeper hit that this has become? sad.gif
30. Little Mix – Sweet Melody Well this is definitely my favourite single of the current era and probably my favourite single since 'Power'! So catchy! I much prefer when the girls go back to their pop roots rather than trying to jump on trendy bandwagons. Looking forward to more of this on the album hopefully smile.gif
32. KSI feat. Craig David & Digital Farm Animals – Really Love This is quite nice too, especially Craig's part. Is that instrumental part sampled from something else? I'm sure I've heard it before on some big garage hit from 20 years ago, or maybe it just sounds similar. Maybe I'm thinking of 'Do You Really Like It', I'm not sure?
33. Ariana Grande – Positions Meh. Similar to my Little Mix comments, I'm much prefer Ari's pop stuff. This is nothing special, and it's still the best thing on an otherwise very mediocre album.

There feels like less to like this month but I guess every month can't be my favourite laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post Nov 27 2020, 05:15 AM
Post #5
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
Sorry for the slow response. It's been a busy month!

QUOTE(Sergej @ Nov 1 2020, 03:59 AM) *
Hi Riser!
Nice to see "Diamonds" debut at the top, "Dynamite" gain high and "Nobody's Love" reach the top 10!
I also like the debuts for "Exile", "Come Over", "Wonder", "My Own Soul's Warning", "Come Over", "Sweet Melody", "Really Love" and "Positions"!
Great chart!
Thanks Sergej! So glad "Dynamite", "Nobody's Love" and "Exile" finally grew on me. "Sweet Melody", "Really Love" and "Positions" should all see big climbs! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(JSpoopyG @ Nov 2 2020, 05:05 AM) *
Hey dude!
Nice to see Exile enter so high. It's lovely!
Dynamite with that massive climb. I took it off my on hold playlist because they its weeks long now and I don't wanna chart it too late so meh.
So I heard that Tate McCrae song for the first time on the Friday Chart show. It's fantastic! It's been added to next week's rotation cheer.gif
Oh I'm glad to see Tick Tock climbing. It's a bop, especially now that it's hit me so hard lol.
Good chart!
Hi James! I usually don't like BTS and tried not to like Dynamite but eventually couldn't resist its catchiness kink.gif
Glad you're liking You Broke Me First and Tick Tock. Thanks for commenting biggrin.gif

QUOTE(M4NGO @ Nov 2 2020, 02:50 PM) *
Hey Jordan!

1. Sam Smith – Diamonds A number one that I fully approve of! Easily one of Sam's best singles. I listened to the album today and it's surprisingly upbeat! There's a few inevitable ballads on there but there's some really strong uptempo songs too and some interesting production.
2. Internet Money feat. Don Toliver, Gunna & Nav – Lemonade [6-2] Not the kind of lemonade I'd make if life gave me lemons.
3. Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver – Exile Woah that's belated! It's one of the better songs on 'Folklore' for sure but I'm still not a big fan.
4. BTS – Dynamite [14-4]
23. The Killers – My Own Soul’s Warning This is a pleasant surprise! Did you chart 'Caution' too, I can't remember? I've listened to the album a few times now and I'm really enjoying it. Current single 'Blowback' is just as good as the first two tbh biggrin.gif
26. Dermot Kennedy – Giants [22-26] Why couldn't 'Chew On My Heart' become the sleeper hit that this has become? sad.gif
30. Little Mix – Sweet Melody Well this is definitely my favourite single of the current era and probably my favourite single since 'Power'! So catchy! I much prefer when the girls go back to their pop roots rather than trying to jump on trendy bandwagons. Looking forward to more of this on the album hopefully smile.gif
32. KSI feat. Craig David & Digital Farm Animals – Really Love This is quite nice too, especially Craig's part. Is that instrumental part sampled from something else? I'm sure I've heard it before on some big garage hit from 20 years ago, or maybe it just sounds similar. Maybe I'm thinking of 'Do You Really Like It', I'm not sure?
33. Ariana Grande – Positions Meh. Similar to my Little Mix comments, I'm much prefer Ari's pop stuff. This is nothing special, and it's still the best thing on an otherwise very mediocre album.

There feels like less to like this month but I guess every month can't be my favourite laugh.gif
Hey Mango!
1. Ooh, glad to hear Sam's album is so upbeat! Can't say I'm any more likely to listen to it, but I do feel like we've had enough ballads from Sam at this point kink.gif
3. It is indeed belated, it only just hit me in a big way that month. wub.gif
23. Nope, I honestly can't remember the last time I charted The Killers! It's a pleasant surprise for me too, so I'll have to give 'Blowback' a spin too ohmy.gif
30. Definitely my fave of this era too, it is indeed refreshing that they've stopped chasing a bandwagon just this once. It'll have a big climb next time!
32. According to Wikipedia it does indeed sample 'Do You Really Like It' ohmy.gif That hadn't occurred to me at all actually, although I've only heard that song a handful of times to be fair.
33. Ah, well I'm really enjoying it! '34+35' on the other hand, I can't find the appeal of other than the title sleep.gif

Fair enough then, better luck next time! Thanks for commenting biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Dec 1 2020, 05:23 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Riser @ Nov 1 2020, 05:00 AM) *

1. Sam Smith – Diamonds
3. Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver – Exile I had no idea her London Boy co-wrote this one with her!
4. BTS – Dynamite [14-4]
6. Miley Cyrus – Midnight Sky [8-1-6] heart.gif

15. Chris Stapleton – Starting Over
17. Jason Aldean – Got What I Got [15-4-11-17]
19. Miranda Lambert – Bluebird [13-1-5-19] ooh fab long run here! It is great though!
21. Shawn Mendes – Wonder his performance on AMA unexpectedly impressed me!
22. Maren Morris – To Hell & Back
23. The Killers – My Own Soul’s Warning
26. Dermot Kennedy – Giants [22-26]
28. Ritt Momney – Put Your Records On
30. Little Mix – Sweet Melody
33. Ariana Grande – Positions

Hi Jordan! smile.gif
Just about getting this in before your November chart! laugh.gif

Quite a few more rap-based tracks I havent heard much or properly. Radio 2 doesnt play rap..... laugh.gif Love the mix of genres as ever, though!

good stuff!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:54 AM