BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Doctor Who • The RTD Era
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 10th April 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #21
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I don’t count Asylum or The Snowman - she had LOADS of character in there! Then it just vanished for actual Clara
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 11th April 2020, 09:51 AM
Post #22
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

This era also brought us a special CBBC spin-off show. No, I'm not meaning The Sarah Jane Adventures but Totally Doctor Who! This show ran for two series and was a special additional behind the scenes look at the show that ran for 13 weeks during Series 2 & 3. It was presented by CBBC favourite Barney Harwood, Blue Peter's Liz Barker and SMart's Kirsten O'Brien. It was presented in the style of a show like Blue Peter and had special guests including David Tenant, Noel Clarke, Camille Coduri, Freema Agyeman, John Barrowman, Russell T Davies and CHLOE WEBBER HERSELF. Billie Piper snubbed tho. It explored behind the scenes with special videos during the filming of the videos, it displayed fan content, showed previews of other episodes, quizzes, an Apprentice-style Companion Academy and it showed The Infinite Quest!

It's a fun little throwaway show but it perfectly highlights how massive the show immediately was to have a random spin-off magazine show!! It was also always great to get as many behind the scenes knowledge and insights.

This is an example of the episode, this one featuring David Tenant himself:

We were well and truly spoilt during this era. A series and special every year, two animations, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Doctor Who Confidential as well as Totally Doctor Who cheeseblock.png

This is compared to 2019 where we got one Doctor Who episode and.... that was it.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 12th April 2020, 12:32 AM
Post #23
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I miss these days SO much. The show was everywhere, the storytelling was at a consistently high standard, and I have the best memories with the entire era. Rose, Martha and Donna were relatable and easy to love, and Eccleston and Tennant both delivered killer, memorable performances as the Doctor. Tennant is pretty much untouchable as my favourite Doctor.

That Toys R Us picture gives me so many feels heart.gif I'd give anything to live that era again, especially now I'm older and have more money to buy more of the merch kink.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 13th April 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I’m sorry, but this icon *.*

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli