BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah, 2000's Classic Albums Review
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post 16th April 2020, 10:49 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

1 I Don’t Feel Like Dancing
2 She’s My Man
3 I Can’t Decide
4 Lights
5 Land Of A Thousand Words
6 Intermission
7 Kiss You Off
8 Ooh
9 Paul McCartney
10 The Other Side
11 Might Tell You Tonight
12 Everybody Wants The Same Thing
13 Transistor

The Scissor Sisters were a huge deal in the mid 2000s and their debut album was the biggest selling of 2004 and Ta-Dah was their much anticipated follow up. Released in September 2006 it was preceded by no.1 single I Don’t Feel Like Dancing and claimed the no.1 spot for two weeks. Two other top 40 singles followed with Land Of A Thousand Words and She’s My Man but they quickly left the charts as this was a time when album sales were huge and a much anticipated album like this was very front loaded. Track I Can’t Decide was iconically played by the Master in an episode of Doctor Who in 2007.

I Don’t Feel Like Dancing was no.1 on my 18th birthday and I had a huge party and went to several other 18th birthdays at the time and that track is the soundtrack to those moments. Such a fun filled track it always takes me back. I bought the album as a whole shortly after Christmas 2006 so it helped me get through the usual dreariness of January and February. I can never decide on my favourite SS album but this is edging it right now.

The singles:

This post has been edited by Leanne 🧘🏻‍♀️: 16th April 2020, 10:51 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 16th April 2020, 10:52 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Also not sure if we should make these into separate threads now that this is a proper forum? We contained them to one for Teams. Let me know what people think but also please make your own reviews and share your comments!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 16th April 2020, 12:50 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

We could well make them into proper threads, that'd be cool for especially albums that might have a lot of discussion, whatever you feel will make it easier to browse.

Ta-Dah is wonderful, I think I prefer the debut but particularly Lights and I Can't Decide are great.

Arctic Monkeys though, that's the sound of the 00s encapsulated in one album, at least from a British perspective. Love the idea of it chronicling a night out on the town, and 'Mardy Bum' and 'View From The Afternoon' are particular favourites beyond the obvious #1s.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 17th April 2020, 04:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(Leanne 🧘🏻‍ @ Apr 16 2020, 11:49 AM) *

1 I Don’t Feel Like Dancing
2 She’s My Man
3 I Can’t Decide
4 Lights
5 Land Of A Thousand Words
6 Intermission
7 Kiss You Off
8 Ooh
9 Paul McCartney
10 The Other Side
11 Might Tell You Tonight
12 Everybody Wants The Same Thing
13 Transistor

The Scissor Sisters were a huge deal in the mid 2000s and their debut album was the biggest selling of 2004 and Ta-Dah was their much anticipated follow up. Released in September 2006 it was preceded by no.1 single I Don’t Feel Like Dancing and claimed the no.1 spot for two weeks. Two other top 40 singles followed with Land Of A Thousand Words and She’s My Man but they quickly left the charts as this was a time when album sales were huge and a much anticipated album like this was very front loaded. Track I Can’t Decide was iconically played by the Master in an episode of Doctor Who in 2007.

I Don’t Feel Like Dancing was no.1 on my 18th birthday and I had a huge party and went to several other 18th birthdays at the time and that track is the soundtrack to those moments. Such a fun filled track it always takes me back. I bought the album as a whole shortly after Christmas 2006 so it helped me get through the usual dreariness of January and February. I can never decide on my favourite SS album but this is edging it right now.

The singles:

As it goes, my vinyl for this has arrived today!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 17th April 2020, 04:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

I definitely own/owned Ta-Dah but never got into it as much as the first album! I Can't Decide was always my favourite track though.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 19th April 2020, 10:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Beverly 💪 @ Apr 17 2020, 05:35 PM) *
I definitely own/owned Ta-Dah but never got into it as much as the first album! I Can't Decide was always my favourite track though.

Inspired by this thread I'm going to dig my Ta-Dah CD out tomorrow and give it a spin. Adore their debut album but can't remember much about the second one.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 22nd April 2020, 02:36 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(Beverly 💪 @ Apr 17 2020, 05:35 PM) *

Me too, their debut is far better although I dont feel like dancing is great.

+Quote this post
Jester
post 22nd April 2020, 06:39 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

I adore this album, such variety of music styles. Reminds me I must get it on vinyl!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 25th April 2020, 02:21 AM
Post #9
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Land of a Thousand Words is one of my all time favourite songs.

I wish the Scissters had done more ballads because every one they do is top tier. Crazy that they're only really known for their upbeats.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 11:22 PM