BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Button, Daft game show on BBC1
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Suedehead2
post Apr 21 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

Did anyone else see this new game show last night? The whole thing is utterly ridiculous but was actually quite entertaining. It has five family groups competing against each other in silly games played in their own homes. It really shouldn't work but I suspect the BBC might have a hot on their hands here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 21 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #2
Howdy, disco citizens
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

It was utterly barmy, especially the final inflatables tasks. It seems to be an attempt to make a gameshow-ified version of Gogglebox. Given that most families stay on each week, whether it'll be a hit will definitely come down to whether you find the families taking part endearing enough or not. It'll also be interesting to see how much variety they can bring into the games over the next few weeks.

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Apr 22 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #3
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I thought this was pretty awful and shocked that something like this was on primetime BBC One. Not surprised the ratings were horrendous too!

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Apr 26 2018, 10:18 PM
Post #4
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

I really enjoyed it, it's basically Taskmaster without the celebrities (it is also from the same creator, Alex Horne). Shame it didn't do very well.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 27 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #5
Howdy, disco citizens
   No Gallery Pics

This American Presidents task was hilarious. One of them thought that Bill Gates and Winston Churchill were US Presidents(!), and the whole discussion of whether Herbert Hoover was fictional because he was mentioned in the musical Annie.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Apr 28 2018, 08:39 AM
Post #6
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

I reckon this will move soon but where too? Any guesses. I think it might end up on Saturdays at 4.30pm after the end of the pl.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 28 2018, 09:47 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Apr 27 2018, 08:43 PM) *
This American Presidents task was hilarious. One of them thought that Bill Gates and Winston Churchill were US Presidents(!), and the whole discussion of whether Herbert Hoover was fictional because he was mentioned in the musical Annie.

The same pair seemed to think it was somehow unfair to expect them to be able to name ten presidents. It really isn't that difficult. They treated it as if they had been asked to name ten winners of the Nobel Prize for Economics.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 28 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #8
Howdy, disco citizens
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mack. @ Apr 28 2018, 09:39 AM) *
I reckon this will move soon but where too? Any guesses. I think it might end up on Saturdays at 4.30pm after the end of the pl.

Yes, agree that it's more of an early evening Saturday show than a Friday evening. I hope that don't can the show early due to the ratings they're getting at 8.30 - it's overnights are just over 1m, but not sure if the catch-up ratings are any better.

I've warmed to this after the 2nd episode. Sure it's daft, but it's a fun type of daft.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:32 AM