BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Britney is the second coming., LITERALLY.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 31 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

A story this inspiring is just one more reason to love "Toxic."

Here’s the clear winner for heartwarming pop story of the day: a 13-year-old girl from Alabama has shared a touching story on Facebook about how Britney Spears’ 2003 hit single “Toxic” helped her recover from a brain aneurysm and stroke, and wants to thank the pop superstar for her role in her miraculous return to normal health.

Maegan Johnson, from Phenix City, Ala., wrote a Facebook post last month in which she shared that she suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm at 7 years old, and that her parents were told “not to expect a good outcome.” Johnson also suffered a stroke during a procedure, and after a 10-hour brain surgery, she was unable to speak for six weeks.

“I had to communicate on a dry erase board and became very depressed,” writes Johnson. “One day someone played one of my [CDs]. The first song did nothing, but the next song was Toxic by Britney Spears-I smiled, tried moving my hips and lifting my arm waving it back and forth in the air trying to dance. That song was incorporated in ALL Therapy Sessions.”

Six years later, the 13-year-old has posted an inspiring video of herself smiling and dancing to “Toxic,” in a Facebook post that has garnered nearly 270,000 views in less than two months. Johnson uses the hashtag #justkeepdancing and writes that she is still trying to get Spears to hear her amazing tale.

“Hopefully with your help, my wish will finally come true,” she writes. “I just want to thank her and let her know how much I appreciate her and tell her my story.”
BOW. DOWN.

What a lovely story <3
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:22 AM