BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> General Election 2017, 8th June
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post Apr 18 2017, 03:58 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 04:36 PM) *
Wow, looks like things are going really well in Scotland thanks to the SNP. Let's see if they lose any seats in the election then.

Do you only post in political topics with intent to rile others up? I never seem to notice you otherwise. You're tone is always sort of gloating at people but you're always gloating about things that haven't happened yet. You seem very desperate for the liberal lefties to be defeated. I sort of imagine you as 90s Rita Repulsa cackling 'I'll get you next time Power Rangers!' And then bemoaning a headache when a feminist discusses the need for equality for all.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Apr 18 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Wow, looks like things are going really well in Scotland thanks to the SNP. Let's see if they lose any seats in the election then.

Given that the SNP won all but three Scottish seats last time, there is not a lot of scope for them to make any gains. Even if they lose the odd seat, they will still be the largest party in Scotland by a very long way.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 18 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

It's not an if. They will lose seats. 56 is a seriously high high water mark. It surprised everyone and this time we are facing a weaker LibLab and a resurgent Tory party. Unionists learned and are better prepared. Holyrood showed they are willing to tactically vote to keep the SNP out.

However. There are huge swathes of the country that are now safe SNP seats. Central and Northern Scotland will return a lot of SNP seats, its just limiting the damage to the NE and borders for losses to the Tory party and restricting the LD to the Northern Isles and NE Fife (the one seat that unionists rally round the LibDems because they've no bought the shit Ruth is selling)

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Apr 18 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #44
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
back of a fag packet prediction:

CON 410
LAB 130
SNP 52
LD 35
NI 18
PC 5
GRN 2
UKIP 0

This post has been edited by Qassändra: Apr 18 2017, 06:18 PM

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 18 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
QUOTE(Qassändra @ Apr 18 2017, 05:05 PM) *
back of a fag packet prediction:

CON 410
LAB 120
SNP 52
LD 35
NI 28
PC 5
GRN 2
UKIP 0

I'm assuming that's a typo, unless you somehow think that seats in the Liverpool area will suddenly go to the DUP.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post Apr 18 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,342
QUOTE(♀T Boy♀ @ Apr 18 2017, 04:58 PM) *
Do you only post in political topics with intent to rile others up? I never seem to notice you otherwise. You're tone is always sort of gloating at people but you're always gloating about things that haven't happened yet. You seem very desperate for the liberal lefties to be defeated. I sort of imagine you as 90s Rita Repulsa cackling 'I'll get you next time Power Rangers!' And then bemoaning a headache when a feminist discusses the need for equality for all.

Excuse me but I'd love to know what you've been smoking. And yes I do post in other topics too, not that it's any of your business.

+Quote this post
T83:Y96
post Apr 18 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #47
Group icon
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
User: 21,319
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 12:52 PM) *
Things are NOT going to get steadily worse over the next few years, the UK will be more richer, more open, and more independent. And yes Theresa May is courageous, you're afraid that the people will get a chance to speak and will make their voice heard by giving the Conservatives a HUGE majority thus ending this nonsense of Brexit regret. I can't wait to see the liberal left become even more irrelevant in the UK, this general election has come at the perfect time and announced on this beautiful sunny day here in the south west. cheer.gif

If you're going to spout nonsense like this, would you at least use the English language correctly?

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post Apr 18 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Taylor Jago @ Apr 18 2017, 05:49 PM) *
If you're going to spout nonsense like this, would you at least use the English language correctly?

If you're going to call what I say is nonsense then at least say why, don't start getting pedantic instead because otherwise you start to look childish.

This post has been edited by PeaceMob: Apr 18 2017, 04:52 PM

+Quote this post
T83:Y96
post Apr 18 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #49
Group icon
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
User: 21,319
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 04:51 PM) *
If you're going to call what I say is nonsense then at least say why, don't start getting pedantic instead because otherwise you start to look childish.

The "more independent" part makes some kind of sense, in the bizarre sense of "we're being liberated from the Brussels Empire" that some Brexiteers seem to have. However, I find it hard to see how this country is to be richer after committing an act of economic suicide, or more open after leaving a group which permits free exchange of goods and people with 27 other nations, considering that decision was made for racist or xenophobic motives by many.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Apr 18 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
Not surprised. It's the perfect thing to do in Theresa May's position. Call a snap election to give people the power to decide the parliament for the upcoming EU negotiations - which would be seen as a good thing by many. Meanwhile knowing that the main opposition party will likely lose a lot of seats whilst you gain a larger majority. Hopefully the election result will give Labour the shake up it really needs and force Corbyn to step down. There might be some surprises - such as a resurgence of the Lib Dems and the Green party doing the best they've done (taking up previous labour voters). Not to mention if (when) Theresa May does win it'll give her a stronger position and dash some of the criticisms she faced (becoming PM by default/not being or facing an election to become PM).

P.S: I realise that the PM is never elected by the people and is elected by the party, but a lot of people still call her an unelected PM so a GE will pretty much squash those criticisms.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Apr 18 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Taylor Jago @ Apr 18 2017, 06:02 PM) *
The "more independent" part makes some kind of sense, in the bizarre sense of "we're being liberated from the Brussels Empire" that some Brexiteers seem to have. However, I find it hard to see how this country is to be richer after committing an act of economic suicide, or more open after leaving a group which permits free exchange of goods and people with 27 other nations, considering that decision was made for racist or xenophobic motives by many.

It's far from an economic suicide though. Not to say the economy is going to do amazingly well, but the inital predictions of a recession, emergency budget, reduced growth forecasts etc haven't occured and growth forecasts have generally been raised. Of course we haven't actually left the EU yet, but forecasts for after we leave the EU don't really shout "economic suicide". Not to mention we have no idea what kind of trade deal and relationship we'll have with the EU as negotiations haven't properly started. In addition, there's been a lot of hints about a transitional agreement on leaving the EU - that sort of deal will limit the econonmic impact significantly if done right; as it'll give the government time to invest and put in place the training and infrastructure needed to deal with the UK being outside of the EU.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post Apr 18 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Taylor Jago @ Apr 18 2017, 06:02 PM) *

You lost the argument when you just labelled most of the 17.4 million people as racist and xenophobic. You say the UK has committed "an act of economic suicide" by voting for Brexit, then why has the IMF today revised their 2017 growth forecast upwards for the UK as the second highest forecast of all the G7 countries. That doesn't look like economic suicide to me.
I'm hugely optimistic about the UK economy after Brexit, thankfully we have a Conservative government looking to take advantage of these opportunities from leaving the EU and I'm looking forward to casting my vote for the Conservatives and Theresa May to make sure they see it through.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Apr 18 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 05:46 PM) *
Excuse me but I'd love to know what you've been smoking. And yes I do post in other topics too, not that it's any of your business.

An actual fact is that I've never smoked ever.

But actually you come across as someone who enjoys other people's misery rather then anything you'd gain from it which does make you look like a villain from a Saturday morning kids' show. The 'liberal lefties' are essentially your pesky kids.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 18 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 06:56 PM) *
why has the IMF today revised their 2017 growth forecast upwards for the UK

WE. HAVE. NOT. LEFT. THE. EUROPEAN. UNION. YET.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Apr 18 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #55
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
This was certainly unexpected. My Whatsapp was going crazy this morning when news of something happening broke. I must say it was surprising that she has called an election so out of the blue, but it's also a very calculated move. Make no mistake about it, the Tories are going to absolutely gut Labour and I think there will be some resurgence from the Lib Dems too.

I have always made my Conservative views on here, but I am a liberal Conservative and anti-Brexit. I support a strong country rather than a single party. The country is at its strongest when we have two political parties at the top of their game challenging each other. This has not happened for years. The problem is Labour going back to their old principles is just not going to work, ever. The country is too greedy. They need to shift back to the right to gain the swing voters, but of course by doing this they risk losing the Trade Unions.

The only positive that can come out of this is surely if Corbyn has any shred of decency in him, he will resign. However even if he resigns, the Labour party need to move back over to the Centre-Right otherwise we are going to be a one party state for some time.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 18 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #56
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Guys, remember we're all 'liberal lefties' and are thus not allowed opinions ;o

This is all just so pointless and a thinly disguised ego trip/ticking the 'elected prime minister' box, we're in a country where NOTHING can currently change as we're just waiting for the inevitable event that's already happened, what sort of promises can the party not in charge make, let alone brush together in just over a month?

So I've got the choice of the party I voted for last election who are at their absolute lowest point (Corbyn's probably the best leader they have, that's depressing but I doubt things would improve by him stepping down) or a fairly wasted Lib Dems/Green vote. Decisions Decisions ;o

This post has been edited by Chez W♀mbat: Apr 18 2017, 06:14 PM

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Apr 18 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #57
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 18 2017, 07:10 PM) *
This was certainly unexpected. My Whatsapp was going crazy this morning when news of something happening broke. I must say it was surprising that she has called an election so out of the blue, but it's also a very calculated move. Make no mistake about it, the Tories are going to absolutely gut Labour and I think there will be some resurgence from the Lib Dems too.

I have always made my Conservative views on here, but I am a liberal Conservative and anti-Brexit. I support a strong country rather than a single party. The country is at its strongest when we have two political parties at the top of their game challenging each other. This has not happened for years. The problem is Labour going back to their old principles is just not going to work, ever. The country is too greedy. They need to shift back to the right to gain the swing voters, but of course by doing this they risk losing the Trade Unions.

The only positive that can come out of this is surely if Corbyn has any shred of decency in him, he will resign. However even if he resigns, the Labour party need to move back over to the Centre-Right otherwise we are going to be a one party state for some time.

The Labour Party has never been centre-right.

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post Apr 18 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 01:52 PM) *
Things are NOT going to get steadily worse over the next few years, the UK will be more richer, more open, and more independent. And yes Theresa May is courageous, you're afraid that the people will get a chance to speak and will make their voice heard by giving the Conservatives a HUGE majority thus ending this nonsense of Brexit regret. I can't wait to see the liberal left become even more irrelevant in the UK, this general election has come at the perfect time and announced on this beautiful sunny day here in the south west. cheer.gif

You're a dick

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 18 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 01:52 PM) *

still waiting for you to give me one concrete example - 9 months on - of one major advantage that has happened for the good of the economy (not woolly vague rose-tinted ostrich-head-in-sand nonsense), and one of the promises made in the Leaver campaign that has not been proven to be lie already......

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Apr 18 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Just as a note, the £ is up over 2% today so far against the $ (and many other currencies) due to the annoucement of the snap GE. So some good news there in regards to the general election being called early. Deutsche Bank - who has generally been very tough on the £ in its forecast has called the GE a game changer and will adjust its forecasts for the pound citing these 3 main reasons:

1. The deadline to deliver a 'clean' Brexit without a lengthy transitional arrangement by 2019 is far less pressing given that no general election will be due the year after.
2. Deutsche Bank argues that MPs pushing for a hard Brexit will have their influence diluted, thanks to a larger Conservative party majority.
3. Finally, Saravelos suggests that a fresh election strengthens "the PM's overall negotiating stance who in recent weeks has clearly fallen in line with the European negotiating approach."

Link

This post has been edited by Envoirment: Apr 18 2017, 06:36 PM

+Quote this post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:31 AM