BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Love Island • Series 5, Starts 3rd June
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post May 3 2019, 06:08 PM
Post #1
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661

Caroline Flack announced on her Instagram stories today that series 5 of Love Island is due to start in three weeks - promo videos have already been filmed and given that the last series started on a Monday, we could be seeing the first of this year's Islanders enter the Villa as early as 27th May!

I'm really looking forward to this, last year's series was SO addictive! Hopefully there's more focus on the mental health of the contestants this year though given the tragic events of previous Islanders in the last 12 months sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 3 2019, 06:29 PM
Post #2
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

If it's starting a week early, do we expect that this series is going to be increased to an extra week?

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post May 4 2019, 08:03 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

I found last years pretty boring for the most part, it took ages to get going and it was full of really unlikeable people - Hayley, Megan, Wes, Adam. The only person to really root for was Laura imo sad.gif.

I hope this series is casted better and we also have more representation in different races. One token black woman and man is just embarrasing.

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post May 4 2019, 08:30 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah Series 3 had me hooked.... last years was pretty dull given it was obvious Dani was a lock for the win in show 1.

Hopefully its going to be reflective of BB... which is sort of has in some respects; Series 3 being the big series, duller Series 4 before going brilliant and must see in Series 5 (hopefully)

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: May 4 2019, 08:31 AM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 4 2019, 08:54 AM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I really liked last season but it did tail off a bit in parts, and it was obvious Jack and Dani would win from day 1, which with any show does bring it down a bit. I did love her but it just feels pointless at times watching what's meant to be a reality competition when the end result is stupidly obvious.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 5 2019, 01:34 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Theonix @ May 3 2019, 07:08 PM) *
I'm really looking forward to this, last year's series was SO addictive! Hopefully there's more focus on the mental health of the contestants this year though given the tragic events of previous Islanders in the last 12 months sad.gif

What happened?

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post May 5 2019, 01:51 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Aaron. @ May 5 2019, 01:34 AM) *
What happened?

Season 2 contestant Sophie Gradon and Season 3 contestant Mike Thalassitis both committed suicide in the past year. I'm not sure if it directly ties into Love Island for either of those two personally but maybe someone else can shed light on that here if they do.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 5 2019, 02:05 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Oh, I had no idea, that's so sad!

+Quote Post
Theonix
post May 5 2019, 03:55 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(cantthinkofaname @ May 5 2019, 02:51 AM) *
Season 2 contestant Sophie Gradon and Season 3 contestant Mike Thalassitis both committed suicide in the past year. I'm not sure if it directly ties into Love Island for either of those two personally but maybe someone else can shed light on that here if they do.

It's definitely been mentioned in the UK media that the aftercare the show provides after the contestants have left isn't satisfactory

+Quote Post
Theonix
post May 9 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #10

I've read 3rd June has been confirmed for the premiere

+Quote Post
Mack.
post May 15 2019, 01:53 PM
Post #11
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

There has certainly been now a lot of talk about whether Love Island should be axed given what happened with the Jeremy Kyle show. I would hope that there has been a overhaul of the aftercare for the contestants that are on Love Island.

What do you think?

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post May 15 2019, 03:24 PM
Post #12
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

Saw this post on TV Forum, sums up my thoughts really:

I don’t think the situation is comparable to Love Island at all. The two former contestants who sadly took their own lives did so a significant amount of time after appearing on the show. In both instances, Love Island was not the sole cause or an immediate contributor. Both contestants were already well known on Instagram before appearing on the show, and other issues (eg. financial and relationship based) player a major part. The Jeremy Kyle Show, on the other hand, has directly led to, or significantly contributed to, the death of a participant just a week after appearing on the show.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post May 15 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #13
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ May 15 2019, 04:24 PM) *

I don’t think the situation is comparable to Love Island at all. The two former contestants who sadly took their own lives did so a significant amount of time after appearing on the show. In both instances, Love Island was not the sole cause or an immediate contributor. Both contestants were already well known on Instagram before appearing on the show, and other issues (eg. financial and relationship based) player a major part. The Jeremy Kyle Show, on the other hand, has directly led to, or significantly contributed to, the death of a participant just a week after appearing on the show.

All right thanks.

Personally now, I don't think Love Island should be axed. The general congress at this moment of time thinks that it should go.

I shouldn't have compared the JK situation to Love Island and for that I apologise.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 15 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #14
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ May 15 2019, 04:24 PM) *

100% I agree. The calls for Love Island to go as usual are from the internet warriors. The whole situation is completely different. Whilst I agree many reality TV shows need to better vet the mental wellbeing of potential contestants and also give aftercare the deaths also occurred well over a year after they had been on the show. You cannot directly link that to a TV programme as the sole cause. The Jeremey Kyle show was completely different.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 15 2019, 10:57 PM
Post #15
Brown cow, stunning!

Agreed, already said this in the other thread but this is totally different to the Jeremy Kyle show being solely about humiliating and laughing at people. The bigger issue here is the fact anyone can become famous overnight, and just as quickly become nothing again. I think with how fast the show has risen in popularity, nobody could have known how things would be for the contestants, and the aftercare is going to have evolve with that in mind. I'm sure that the show will do that, especially in the wake of the Jeremy Kyle saga, ITV won't be taking any chances.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 19 2019, 04:28 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Not to detract too much from this topic, but Love Island is coming to the US and is being casted by Robyn Kass (Big Brother US/CAN).
Before Love Island Love Islanded we had Paradise Hotel.. which has returned to Fox.. the first season was in 2003. It was supposed to be on 3x a week for 5 weeks, but after 5 episodes has already been cut to 1 show a week. They pretty much tried to make this a Love Island but failed pretty bad.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 27 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #17
WINTER IS COMING

https://www.itv.com/loveisland

Here we go.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 27 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #18
Brown cow, stunning!

Already stanning Lucie

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post May 27 2019, 08:50 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

AJ (from Strictly's) brother going on!

https://i.imgur.com/u8cZrlC.jpg

Yum
Reason for edit: google is watching

+Quote Post
Calum
post May 27 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #20
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

Michael: "I’d rate myself ten out of ten, I would have said nine but I’m a hero so it bumps it up."

drama.gif

Amber, Callum and Joe are the only ones I'm liking going by those VTs. Curtis seems nice, albeit a bit cringe.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:05 AM