BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wrong single choices · what each era should have been?, little managers
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
k👠th
post Oct 7 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #1
baddest of them all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 6,764

Gaga has became renowned for poor release strategies and wrong singles choices as of late. Here is your chance as a little manager to have your say in what each era's singles and release promotion should have been —

'The Fame'
1. 'Just Dance'
2. 'Poker Face'
3. 'Paparazzi'
4. 'Boys Boys Boys' — 'LoveGame' was the correct choice of single for the US, but was heavily snubbed by UK radio at the time for its lyrics and was intended to be the 3rd single but later being replaced with 'Paparazzi' was a good move but then scrapping it together for the 4th single with an old music video - not so good move. It peaked at #21 on airplay which I feel manifests the song as the wrong single choice for the UK, whereas 'Boys Boys Boys' was a fan favourite at the time, catchy as hell, radio candy - and with a killer music video I think it would have been able to keep Gaga's top 10 streak intact!

'The Fame Monster'
1. 'Bad Romance'
--
2. 'Telephone' (feat. Beyoncé)
3. 'Alejandro'

Perfect. As iconic as this record was, and how the likes of 'Dance in the Dark' and 'Monster' would have made smashing singles. I think had a 4th single been released it would have been a car crash despite how good it may have been. This was when the GP begun feeling a Gaga overkill, 'Alejandro' peaking at #1 on UK Airplay but achieving a low top 10 peak proved this imo.

'Born This Way'
1. 'Born This Way'
2. 'The Edge of Glory'
--
3. 'Marry the Night'
4. 'Scheiße'

The main flaw of this era's singles was its midweek and friday releases >.> BTW would have been a #1 if it were not for the friday release. 'Judas' may be my favourite Gaga single but ultimately, it was the first dent in a very messy era. Airplay for the song was horrendous, and the song itself put a lot of listeners, GP and radios off of being a casual Gaga fan. sad.gif TEOG as a pre-album single released on the correct day with music video hype would have been a second #1 easily!

'Yoü and I' was perfect for the US but an even worse mistake for the UK than 'Judas'. Whereas with MTN I think its #16 peak as a 5th single shows it would have been much more successful had it been released earlier. And then 'Scheiße' the album's obvious single and fan favourite would have killed it as a 4th single with that choreo she used on the BTW Ball incorporated into an X Factor performance and then a full-on dance choreo music video would have shot this right into the top 3 where it belonged!

'ARTPOP'
1. 'Gypsy'
2. 'Venus'
--
3. 'Do What U Want' (feat. Christina Aguilera)
4. 'Swine'

You can deny and argue all you like but 'Gypsy' would have been eaten up by radio and the GP much moreso than 'Applause', and with an iconic VMA performance and a gorgeous music video to match I feel it would have been the #1 that 'Applause' never was and that it would have set up this era a lot better.

'Venus' as marmite as it is, I feel could have been a hit in the same vein as 'Anaconda' is right now. This song meant everything to Gaga and it not being released as a single by her management at the time ultimately lead to the ARTPOP demise. Its music video would have no doubt been one of her most insane showings to-date and imagine if she bagged that space performance at the time as planned!

Let's be honest, R. Kelly f***ed DWUW up, a Xtina studio version would have slayed LIVES. The 2 ultimate pop girl vocalists on one track with some vixen-like music video and mind-blowing live performance unlike the one on The Voice would have been f***ing immense.

'Swine' gets way too much hate on here. It's catchy and dancey as f***. All my friends and many casual fans love this song the most on ARTPOP from my knowledge. And I feel if she recorded the final version in the style of the SwineFest version with the piano - where at the time it was raved as the best song performed that night, the song itself would have turned out a lot better and who would even be able to picture its accompanying music video's shock factor! drama.gif

(kath knows best)

This post has been edited by Kath ha Essence: Oct 7 2014, 08:26 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
April
post Oct 7 2014, 08:48 AM
Post #2
changed the game with that digital drop
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,905

The Fame

01. Just Dance
02. Poker Face
03. Paparazzi
04. Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)

I think "Eh Eh" would've been a better summer single for the UK. It's the type of song that radio would support and after the first three singles I can't really see another smash. It would be good to bridge the gap to The Fame Monster.

The Fame Monster

01. Bad Romance [November 2009]
02. Telephone (featuring Beyonce) [March 2010]
03. Alejandro [July 2010]
04. Monster [October 2010]

I think the single choices were great for TFM. The only thing I would've done is add a fourth single release - Monster. It would've made a good release in around October for Halloween because it would be something that could trickle sell each year for Halloween. Plus it sounds like a smash.

Born This Way

01. Marry The Night [February 2011]
02. The Edge of Glory [May 2011]
03. Scheisse [August 2011]
04. Bloody Mary [November 2011]
05. Hair (Worldwide) / You And I (US and Canada) [February 2012]

The first time her singles were properly screwed up, imo. Marry The Night would've been a killer lead single, and EOG a killer second single. Scheisse just sounds like a massive smash and would've been a good post-album single. Bloody Mary would've been a good single for the Autumn months, possibly becoming another Halloween classic. Hair would've been a good album era closer because it's very pop and even Capital FM were playing it despite it not being an official single. Radio would've eaten this song up, and so would've the public. You And I was very effective in the US and I would've had that as the final release there.

ARTPOP

01. ARTPOP [August 2013]
02. Do What U Want (featuring Christina Aguilera) [November 2013]
03. Gypsy [February 2014]
04. Sexxx Dreams (featuring Rihanna) [June 2014]
05. Dope [September 2014]

I feel like she needed a massively risky first single, and ARTPOP was that! It was different from anything in the charts and would've been a better comeback then something generic like "Applause". Do What U Want with Christina as featured artist would've performed well as 2nd single with a proper release. Gypsy would be better as a post-album single rather than pre-album, and a release in Feb could coincide with a performance at the BRITS. Sexxx Dreams probably needs a featured artist to boost it, and I believe Rihanna would've been a good choice. Finally "Dope" would've been a nice closer since it's a little different from the other songs and doesn't matter if it flops since it's the last single.

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Oct 7 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #3
baddest of them all

omg April 'Eh Eh'?!

+Quote Post
April
post Oct 7 2014, 09:24 AM
Post #4

Don't be jealous of my flawless decisions! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Oct 7 2014, 09:47 AM
Post #5
baddest of them all

QUOTE(April @ Oct 7 2014, 11:24 AM) *
Don't be jealous of my flawless decisions! biggrin.gif

oh

'Eh Eh' was a #2 smash in Sweden to be fair so ya flawless decision may be quite on point after all ohmy.gif tho I don't see radio being on board with 'Bloody Mary', 'Dope' or 'Sexxx Dreams', and 'ARTPOP' as much as I love it doesn't strike me as hit material

oh and Gaga needs to stay away from Rihanna plz, we don't want our kween doing a song with ha who has collaborated with practically everyone from Peter Andre to Brooke Candy

+Quote Post
April
post Oct 7 2014, 10:56 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Kath ha Essence @ Oct 7 2014, 10:47 AM) *
oh

'Eh Eh' was a #2 smash in Sweden to be fair so ya flawless decision may be quite on point after all ohmy.gif tho I don't see radio being on board with 'Bloody Mary', 'Dope' or 'Sexxx Dreams', and 'ARTPOP' as much as I love it doesn't strike me as hit material

oh and Gaga needs to stay away from Rihanna plz, we don't want our kween doing a song with ha who has collaborated with practically everyone from Peter Andre to Brooke Candy

rotf.gif

Hype would be enough for those - they don't need radio.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 7 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

The Fame
1. Just Dance
2. Pokerface
3. Boys, Boys, Boys
- RELEASE ALBUM -
4. Summerboy
5. Brown Eyes

The Fame Monster
6. Telephone
7. Alejandro
- RELEASE ALBUM -
8. Dance In The Dark

Born This Way
9. Marry The Night
10. Born This Way
- RELEASE ALBUM -
11. Bad Kids
12. Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)
13. Scheibe (Probably flop as a third single post album release)

ARTPOP
14. Applause
15. Venus (Clean)
- RELEASE ALBUM -
16. Donatella

Different but yeah...laugh.gif

EDIT: HOW THE F DID I FORGET ABOUT BAD ROMANCE?

Have Bad Romance as the lead for Fame Monster, followed by Telephone, then make Alejandro post-album.

This post has been edited by Sean.: Oct 7 2014, 07:32 PM

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Oct 8 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #8
baddest of them all

Sean my long lost 'Donatella' stan we are alone in this fanbase hunni da fans aren't here for 'Donatella' I'm afraid sad.gif

+Quote Post
April
post Oct 8 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #9

Her career would've ended after Poker Face if she did what Sean posted! #sorrynotsorry

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:02 PM