BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Zookeeper's Wife, 21 April 2017 | Jessica Chastain & Daniel Brühl
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 19th April 2017, 12:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Out this Friday and there seems to be loads of new releases but very little I'm interested in so hopefully I'll be seeing this. Apparently the book is really good and I do like Jessica Chastain too.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post 19th April 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Looks good.

Although I do feel for Daniel Brühl laugh.gif in almost every "american" movie I've seen him in he's been a Nazi or evil German laugh.gif Still, he's such a brilliant actor, hopefully
some buzz for him here.

This post has been edited by Regina: 19th April 2017, 12:57 PM

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 21st April 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it, it's a shame it won't be remembered by awards season as I think this may be my favourite Chastain role yet, she had some great emotional moments and she nailed the polish accent too, I totally believed her as a character! The plot was really intense at times, especially at times when they were close to getting caught and I thought Daniel Brühl was a highlight too and very unnerving with his constant unwanted affection. I think my favourite scene was when she visits Brühl towards the end about finding her husband, lots of tension. Shout out to the really cute animals too heart.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 22nd April 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

The animals at the start were indeed cute but overall I found it rather slow and dull, picking up slightly towards the end. It's made me interested in visiting Warsaw Zoo but not because I actually enjoyed the movie.

+Quote this post
Live&LetDie
post 20th May 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #5
Group icon
New Entry
User: 31,698

I really enjoyed Zookeeper's Wife; the acting was good and it made me more aware of the horrors of those WW2 Nazi camps.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 08:06 AM