BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Laurieann G. knocks out Gaga's team on Wendy Williams' show!, She also says she was fired by Gaga via e-mail and more!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 02:18 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 82,234

Wendy: You were fired by Lady Gaga through an e-mail?

Gibson: Yes, that's right!

Wendy: Do tell, I'm here for this.

Gibson: Well it was a little bit traumatizing of course but in the book I talk about finding your team, I talk about not having yessegans around you and that's the point, when you need people to tell you no because you don't have a proper prospective that is why it's so important, I call them the yessegans. So at that time, Gaga was surrounded by a lot of yessegans and we had a really close relationship, I mean we had to to build what we built.

Wendy: So you were teaching her how to dance and move. What error was that on Gaga, what error?

Gibson: I taught everything, yeah, I taught everything from the first step to all the steps until Joanne, and you know, I'm really proud of the work, it still reings supreme, but what had happened was a lot of people got in her head and again, it's all about that team, because I think when you're dealing with greatness, Wendy, you're gonna have disagreements, that's just part of it.

Wendy: I don't picture her being this person, like I'd never met her but she seems like she'd be a nice woman, Stefani.

Gibson: She's a nice girl, she's a super sweet girl and that's why I talk about your team being so important because sometimes when you get so big, it's hard for you to keep the relationship that you had in the beginning and I think right now if I see Gags on the street we cry and hug and cheer and act like nothing happened because there is that love that you know what, when you really have that connection, it never goes away. I mean I'd grab a coffee with her today, honestly. I'm so glad that I overcome that situation and that's why I talk about it in the book. I overcame the insecurities that a lot of men around her tried to implement, I stayed in my yes, I trusted my gift and I didn't drink the Kool-aid, i was like "Okay if that's what you wanna do then I'm gonna keep moving"

Wendy: Wow

Gibson: And I kept moving and I built Nicki Minaj right behind that. (claps)

Wendy: By the way, do you still have the e-mail? (laughs)

Gibson: You know what, I'm sure I can find it honestly I do still have it but it's somewhere in the cloud.

Wendy: Okay, okay, okay (laughs).

This post has been edited by Adelita: 18th February 2021, 03:14 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 02:40 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

The fact that I’ve been talking about it since the day I joined this forum and especially yesterday, the exact day of this interview DeadBanana.gif

She basically said that the Gaga team can't say no to her and that's why they've been with her for so long (which's why things have become so messed up since Born This Way). And I am sure that if they come to give an opinion on her work or her decisions, they'll have the same fate that Laurieann had, be fired through an email....

The way Gaga treated her wasn't correct or ethical at all, it left me really disappointed with Gaga and you can clearly see that Laurieann is still hurt by everything that happened and how things ended.

This post has been edited by Adelita: 18th February 2021, 02:52 AM

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 02:44 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

And I hope I don't see anyone belittling this woman's work, as she choreographed literally all videos of Gaga's hits until that moment, from Just Dance to You and I.

The way everyone is agreeing with what she said:

This post has been edited by Adelita: 18th February 2021, 03:18 AM

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 18th February 2021, 06:11 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

But doesn't she say she's a nice person and they are in good terms? I get that perspective that she didn't have conflict with Gaga but other people.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 18th February 2021, 06:12 AM

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 06:44 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Feb 18 2021, 03:11 AM) *
But doesn't she say she's a nice person and they are in good terms? I get that perspective that she didn't have conflict with Gaga but other people.

She only changed her tone when talking about Gaga after Wendy was confused by what she said (because she refuses to believe that someone like Gaga has the courage to fire someone through an e-mail). You don't fire the Bad Romance choreographer via e-mail, you just don't do that, but she did, and I understand when Gibson said she was traumatized by this treatment because a year before she was fired, she was literally hugging Gaga when she was on top of the world.

And on Gaga's team, everyone knows that they are the "yessegans" who never say no to Gaga and that's why they're still employed by her today, unlike Laurieann. I said and I repeat, Gaga doesn't have a team but a group of close friends who don't know how to perform their duties correctly.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 18th February 2021, 07:49 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I don't know how things are so won't comment further. I don't really mind who are in her team as long as she is happy and feels comfortable.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 18th February 2021, 10:29 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Gaga is bigger than she’s ever been a golden globe and Oscar winner and of course Super Bowl being utterly incredible so I don’t think the Laurienne is that vital. Just another person using the names of famous people to make money off the back of them by releasing a book.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 18th February 2021, 10:49 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yeah, I can't really think how things would be better for her if she had Laureann on board still or had done more music with RedOne (which I think sparked this discussion).

If anything, doing jazz and acting after ARTPOP saved her career? With a 3/5 pop album after ARTPOP she could very well be where Katy Perry is now. Just a speculation of course.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 18th February 2021, 12:24 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Adelita @ Feb 18 2021, 02:40 AM) *
The fact that I’ve been talking about it since the day I joined this forum and especially yesterday, the exact day of this interview DeadBanana.gif

She basically said that the Gaga team can't say no to her and that's why they've been with her for so long (which's why things have become so messed up since Born This Way). And I am sure that if they come to give an opinion on her work or her decisions, they'll have the same fate that Laurieann had, be fired through an email....

The way Gaga treated her wasn't correct or ethical at all, it left me really disappointed with Gaga and you can clearly see that Laurieann is still hurt by everything that happened and how things ended.

I knew it!!! That explains the bad singles choices, ARTPOP, and how pretentious and BIG everything got!

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 03:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Feb 18 2021, 07:29 AM) *
Gaga is bigger than she’s ever been a golden globe and Oscar winner and of course Super Bowl being utterly incredible so I don’t think the Laurienne is that vital. Just another person using the names of famous people to make money off the back of them by releasing a book.

But Gaga only managed to get all these awards and the performance on SB due to the hits of the time when Laurieann/Troy/RedOne/Akon were with her, or do you really think she would be invited by the NFL if she depended only on Joanne (the first album where Bobby was her manager)? rotf.gif Please, this album had no hits before SB because Bobby, for some reason, didn't know that in the streaming era, what makes an album have hits is playlists and radio spins, not performances, which only affect iTunes, which at that time it was already irrelevant on the charts. Bobby has no share of any contribution to that performance, that was the result of Gaga's work with her old team and her awards are also due to her work with the old team and her past partners, because without these hits, no one would know who Lady Gaga is.

This post has been edited by Adelita: 18th February 2021, 03:51 PM

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 03:39 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Feb 18 2021, 04:49 AM) *
I don't know how things are so won't comment further. I don't really mind who are in her team as long as she is happy and feels comfortable.

Okay, but she's still a superstar and music is a business, not a joke.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 03:55 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Dill Doe @ Feb 18 2021, 09:24 AM) *
I knew it!!! That explains the bad singles choices, ARTPOP, and how pretentious and BIG everything got!

She needs to fire the "yessegans" and bring her golden team back, we want Lady Gaga, not Lazy Gaga.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 18th February 2021, 04:50 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I still don't get how you can call her lazy... an artist of her calibre doesn't need to perform at all damn Kiss FM Awards (that cannot even be arranged properly due to covid) to have her name out there lol

Instead, she arranged her own charity event just last year and made headlines

If Gaga is lazy then what would you call Rihanna, Adele, Beyonce, Lorde....

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 18th February 2021, 05:06 PM

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 18th February 2021, 05:42 PM
Post #14
Group icon
User: 13,007

Yeah calling her lazy is frankly ABSURD. She may not have promoted her album as much as other artists but look at everything else she has done away from the album that no other popstar has come CLOSE to matching. Don't call her lazy - say it how it is - you want her to promote the album more to get it a few extra sales.

Not since The Fame Monster days has Gaga been in this good favour with the worldwide public. The only people that are againsty her currently are TOXIC fans demanding she do more promotion for an album so they can fuel their stan egos. It's disgusting.

The world is in the shitter right now - you can say whatever you want on here, it's a forum. But you also can't berate people for being positive about frankly (for me) the ONE GOOD THING DURING THIS PANDEMIC. Her music and her have kept me sane, happy and healthy. Don't you DARE take that away from me/people by being constantly negative because you want a few extra sales or to be a TRUTH WARRIOR making the world know that a few years ago she fired someone and now has a creative team made up of friends. Be negative or TRUTHFUL as you call it, but don't repeat it ad infinitum because we heard you the first time.

*blind stan mode deactivated: I don't know the full story behind it, but emailing to fire her choreographer is downright rude. A horrible thing to do.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 06:54 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Feb 18 2021, 01:50 PM) *
I still don't get how you can call her lazy... an artist of her calibre doesn't need to perform at all damn Kiss FM Awards (that cannot even be arranged properly due to covid) to have her name out there lol

Instead, she arranged her own charity event just last year and made headlines

If Gaga is lazy then what would you call Rihanna, Adele, Beyonce, Lorde....

Rihanna, even without having an album out since 2015, has more studio albums released than Gaga and has 3x more singles and featurings released than Gaga (Rihanna released 70 commercial singles while Gaga not even 30 yet). She's just taking her well-deserved vacation after working 12 years non-stop, while Gaga has always taken breaks between her eras. She has already delivered much more to her fans than Gaga delivered to us in terms of new music and stuff so Rihanna fans shouldn't complain about nothing. Also, although she has been away from music for a while, she still releases singles, and the last one she released was literally last year.

Adele's last album was in 2015, however, she released 4 singles from that album (something that Gaga hasn't done since Born This Way) and they were all put on big playlists (even Water Under The Bridge, 4th single, joined TTH), while Chromatica only had only two singles in big playlists. If Gaga took too long to get a new album out, but when she got back, her album and singles planning were organized just like Adele's and not totally messy, I wouldn't mind waiting, I just want something done right.

Beyoncé, since Lemonade, released 3 albums, one with her husband, one live and a soundtrack that had a visual film and a deluxe version, participated in the new version of the Lion King, released several videos and jumped on a successful remix.

About Lorde, she was never an artist like the others you mentioned so no one expects her to release albums and videos constantly, she's still a newcomer to the music industry.

So I don't see why I should name these girls lazy when most of them worked the same or even harder than Gaga in their career.

+Quote this post
Adelita
post 18th February 2021, 07:46 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Among Haus @ Feb 18 2021, 02:42 PM) *
Yeah calling her lazy is frankly ABSURD. She may not have promoted her album as much as other artists but look at everything else she has done away from the album that no other popstar has come CLOSE to matching. Don't call her lazy - say it how it is - you want her to promote the album more to get it a few extra sales.

Not since The Fame Monster days has Gaga been in this good favour with the worldwide public. The only people that are againsty her currently are TOXIC fans demanding she do more promotion for an album so they can fuel their stan egos. It's disgusting.

The world is in the shitter right now - you can say whatever you want on here, it's a forum. But you also can't berate people for being positive about frankly (for me) the ONE GOOD THING DURING THIS PANDEMIC. Her music and her have kept me sane, happy and healthy. Don't you DARE take that away from me/people by being constantly negative because you want a few extra sales or to be a TRUTH WARRIOR making the world know that a few years ago she fired someone and now has a creative team made up of friends. Be negative or TRUTHFUL as you call it, but don't repeat it ad infinitum because we heard you the first time.

You and everyone here want that too, but you prefer to play the kindness punks instead of going straight to the point as I do and it wouldn’t just be "a few extra sales" as you always keep repeating to try to convince yourself of it, a good promotion brings a huge result on the charts.

Asking her to care more about her music isn't disgusting, disgusting is the fact that she fired the choreographer of her biggest hits through an e-mail, that's disgusting and ungrateful. We fans just want her on top always, as this is her place, not the place of other girls with half her talent but who promote at every corner.

And if you're still wearing stan glasses to keep from seeing the truth, it means that I haven't told the truth enough times for it to enter your mind. I'm not negative, I'm real and honest, and if the reality of her career isn't good, it ain't my fault.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:53 AM