BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have you ever watched a film at a cinema by yourself?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Have you ever watched a film at a cinema by yourself?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
Houdini
post Jun 10 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

Has anyone here ever watched a film at a cinema by yourself? I did this for the first time ever today and it felt a bit weird but it didn't really affect my ability to enjoy the film that I watched and it was as if I was watching TV as usual, I wasn't the only person who did this either as there were at least 2 other people who did the same thing as me in the screen that I went to.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jun 10 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #2
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I saw Now You See Me 2 by myself but that was only because I didn't want to watch Me Before You tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 10 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #3
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Yeah!

Several times. I really like doing it. I love watching horrors on my own, specifically! Really creeps me out and it's all the better for it. Might be why I like 'Paranormal Activity 4' more than many others laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 10 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #4
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Alone? No. But when I saw Scream 4 there was just 4 of us in the screen laugh.gif made it feel more eerie in a way.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Jun 10 2017, 07:54 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Once ever, to watch Senna in 2011.

When I was younger there was a time when it was only me & my grandparents in the cinema, no idea what film that was!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jun 10 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #6
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

This is me for the majority of the past 3 years (at 100 movies a year)

I see quite a lot doing it in London, especially if it's a midweek daytime showing when a lot of people will be at work.

+Quote Post
Qween
post Jun 10 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #7
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Yes, more frequently when I was at uni and able to go more. Now it's kind of a planned in advance event so usually with someone, but I've seen at least 30 movies SOLO.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jun 10 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #8
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I used to be scared of doing this cos it's seen as a social thing, but I've done it a few times and really its fine. I'm DEFINITELY not one to talk during movies even when I do see it with someone so really it makes very little difference.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jun 10 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #9
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Yes, I do this quite often. The majority of the time I go with my Dad as we both own Unlimited Cards and I don't drive so we go together, plus we'll see pretty much anything. However, if there's a film that he's not interested in seeing then I'll just go on my own. This year alone I went to see Sing, The Lego Batman Movie, The Great Wall, Life, Power Rangers, Rules Don't Apply & The Smurfs all on my own.

It's only really event films (Marvel, DC, Pixar etc.) that I'll go see with friends. I find going on my own liberating, I'm not saying that people judge me or anything but you can laugh at all the shitty jokes you like and jump at all the jump-scares 'cause you're a scaredy cat and it makes the viewing experience more enjoyable for me personally.

If you mean, have you even been in a screening with no other cinema-goers then no. The closest was He Named Me Malala with four people (inlcuding me and my Dad).

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Jun 11 2017, 01:01 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Josh! @ Jun 10 2017, 11:01 PM) *
If you mean, have you even been in a screening with no other cinema-goers then no. The closest was He Named Me Malala with four people (inlcuding me and my Dad).

No I meant going to the cinema unaccompanied.

To be honest if I had been strong-minded enough to do this over the years then the amount of films that I've seen would be WAY more than what it's actually been. It could be something that I continue to do every now and then in the future.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Jun 12 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

In my cinema working days I used to go on my own quite often, particularly after a shift as the tickets were free cool.gif
But now, not so much. If there was something I was desperate to see I wouldn't hesitate going on my own though!

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jun 12 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #12
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, sometimes I do.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jun 14 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #13
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Today there were only 3 including myself watching Baywatch.

+Quote Post
Severin
post Jun 14 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #14
Mansonette
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mack @ Jun 14 2017, 11:22 PM) *

There's a very good reason for that

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Jun 14 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mack @ Jun 14 2017, 11:22 PM) *

Only 3 people in the whole screening? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jun 14 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #16
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I went to a screening of "My Cousin Rachel" yesterday in the early afternoon and I think there were only about eight of us in there, all alone.

QUOTE(Josh! @ Jun 10 2017, 11:01 PM) *
Yes, I do this quite often. The majority of the time I go with my Dad as we both own Unlimited Cards and I don't drive so we go together, plus we'll see pretty much anything. However, if there's a film that he's not interested in seeing then I'll just go on my own. This year alone I went to see Sing, The Lego Batman Movie, The Great Wall, Life, Power Rangers, Rules Don't Apply & The Smurfs all on my own.

May I just say, your Dad is really missing out. My Mum really enjoyed all of Sing, Lego Batman and Power Rangers heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jun 15 2017, 06:52 AM
Post #17
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Jun 15 2017, 12:16 AM) *
I went to a screening of "My Cousin Rachel" yesterday in the early afternoon and I think there were only about eight of us in there, all alone.
May I just say, your Dad is really missing out. My Mum really enjoyed all of Sing, Lego Batman and Power Rangers heehee.gif

Tell me about it! I can never persuade him to watch an animated film (even films that it's impossible to not like such as Inside Out or Zootropolis) and I'll be very lucky if I can get him into a sci-fi movie. He'a a bit of an old man where he mainly likes true stories and dramas. We watched Arrival and Mad Max and he hated both and I couldn't get him to even see The Martian drama.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jun 15 2017, 10:25 AM
Post #18
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I don't go to the cinema often, but yes I have been on my own before. If there is a film I'd like to see, I'm not going let the fact that nobody wants to go with me to stop me from going to the cinema. I also don't have many local friends, so I often go to places on my own laugh.gif

I went to the cinema on my own once, and there was no one else in the screen at all, felt like my own private cinema, it was amazing!

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Jun 19 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

I done this for the first time today. They've built a new building here that's a Theatre, Cinema and a Library all in one so I wanted to check it out.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 22 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #20
Howdy, disco citizens
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I never do it when I'm in my home city, but when I'm on away work, or on holiday, I would do so.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:10 PM