BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Biig Piig - Bubblegum, mixtape | 20/01/23
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post Jan 31 2023, 02:01 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Meant to post a thread for this the other day alongside the Ladytron & Låpsley ones but forgot oop, here it is now though x

I'm not really sure what forum to put this in (Wikipedia calls her a hip-hop/neo-soul artist but I don't think these songs really fit in the R&B/hip-hop forum, they're more in the 'vaguely alternative pop' lane so Indie forum it is). Anyway, this is the debut mixtape from Irish singer Biig Piig who was on the Sound of 2023 longlist.

It's only 7 songs and 3 of them were singles last year - 'Kerosene', 'This Is What They Meant' (which got Radio 1 playlisting, but is actually the worst song on here imo, kinda boring oop) and 'Picking Up' (feat. Deb Never). 'Kerosene' has grown on me after listening to the mixtape but 'Picking Up' was an instant banger, by far the best one and convinced me to give the rest of the mixtape a go. 'In The Dark' also has a music video now and is pretty good too, has some nice guitar on it. She dropped another single last year called 'FUN' which didn't make it onto this for whatever reason, but that was a tune as well.

From the other tracks, the garagey 'Liquorice' was my fave, and I also liked 'Ghosting' which is pretty lowkey but has a nice part in the second half where she sings in Spanish (she's bilingual due to living in Spain as a child, one of her older and best singles 'Cuenta Lo' was mostly in Spanish!)

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:43 PM