BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> United Kingdom (You Decide) · Eurovision Song Contest 2019, Michael Rice - Bigger Than Us
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jamiecymru
post Jan 12 2019, 06:32 PM
Post #41
Group icon
New Entry
User: 79,763
Let’s be honest who gives a shit about it anymore Eurovision bbc has took an all time low with the lack of planning of event.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jamiecymru
post Jan 12 2019, 06:38 PM
Post #42
Group icon
New Entry
Last year you weee aloud to take your phone in to vote this year it appears According to lost in tv.com that you have to hand your phones in so those present in audience cannot vote . What another farce.

+Quote this post
LexC
post Jan 12 2019, 06:48 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
This is actually fairly standard procedure for filming a Studio-based TV show, anyone who's ever gone to go see Strictly being filmed will tell you the same. And all due respect Jamie, the BBC aren't obligated to do anything other than create a good TV show, they aren't obligated to cater to your every need and wish!

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Jan 12 2019, 06:50 PM
Post #44
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
So this is the JOWST song that was rejected.

The sudden realisation that maybe for all these years the BBC HAVE, been picking the best of what they get given after all.

+Quote this post
jamiecymru
post Jan 12 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #45
Group icon
New Entry
Last year was different enjoyed the experience at Brighton dome loved it this year it seems that it’s gone downhill. There’s a difference between Eurovision. And strictly come dancing .

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jan 12 2019, 07:07 PM
Post #46
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I can’t believe that the BBC are getting stick for offering tickets for FREE! How very dare they.

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 12 2019, 06:13 PM) *
Ooh Rai-Elle would be brilliant!!

Idk though I can't see them having nobodies/an XF reject then just randomly having Tulisa laugh.gif

Yeah I am really doubtful of her being a contestant. I know her career is in a place where she doesn’t have much to lose but Eurovision just doesn’t feel very her.

+Quote this post
jamiecymru
post Jan 12 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #47
Group icon
New Entry
Free tickets with 2 - 3 months notice fair enough
Free tickets with 7 days notice and having to get time off work from your boss and organise hotel and transport is different.

Havent a Problem bbc offering free tickets it’s just the fact that 7 days notice if accepted is bad.

It’s okay if you don’t work I guess.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jan 12 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #48
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
QUOTE(jamiecymru @ Jan 12 2019, 09:32 PM) *
Let’s be honest who gives a shit about it anymore Eurovision bbc has took an all time low with the lack of planning of event.

You clearly still do...

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jan 12 2019, 11:13 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Oh get a FUCKING grip of yourself child.

It's a TV show. The only thing that matters is that we get a good representative out of it. Who honestly gives a flying f*** about where it's filmed or how many are in the audience. They're clearly going for a show with higher production values that will look great for the end viewer and maybe drive more viewers towards it so that more people buy into the process and start giving a f*** about who we send - giving the team a bigger platform and allowing them to pull in artists with more cache and of a bigger calibre.

Use your two brain cells and think of the long game.

+Quote this post
LexC
post Jan 12 2019, 11:41 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
And the last two shows in theatres have had really dodgy sound mixes - I'd expect a much more consistent sound quality in an actual TV studio.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jan 13 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
I assume that the costs to the BBC of staging it at Media City are lower than the costs of using the Brighton Dome or Kentish Town Forum (or the Town and Country Club for us oldies). Therefore, they are better able to make it free. That said, the seven-day notice period does make it more difficult for people outside the immediate area.

The number of tickets issued for free events is normally more than the number of places available, just to be sure the place is full. Therefore, anyone staying overnight needs to be there early to avoid a wasted trip.

+Quote this post
jamiecymru
post Jan 17 2019, 09:30 PM
Post #52
Group icon
New Entry
QUOTE(jamiecymru @ Jan 11 2019, 07:43 PM) *
My email complaint to BBC emailed as follows:
Hi there I Am writing in reference to this years BBC Eurovision 2019 You Decide competition show.

Last year me and my partner travelled from Wales to Brighton for the 2018 completion booked our hotel and train travel and ticket for the event in December 2017 ready for February 2018.

This year BBC have left it to less than a month away to reveal 1/ the date and 2/ that it will be free tickets this time and on a ballot basis and those successful will know 7 days in advance if the event which even if they find out sooner than this time will be getting charged full fare train fares and hotel prices as not been able to book in advance and no doubt will be relying on generous managers for time off with such short notice whilst those work for BBC the hosts the production team have no such problem those wanting to go have to go through this farce.

I am not happy with this and why when it’s been successful over the last 3 years has BBC took this decision to have less fans in the audience. I Wish the Eurovision team success but unfortunately I am sceptical and wonder if you may just have empty seats on the night.

I look forward to hearing from you.

My response from bbc today is as follows:

Dear..

Reference CAS...

Thank you for contacting us in relation to the upcoming recording of 'Eurovision: You Decide'.

I understand you are unhappy with the date chosen to inform audience members if they have been successful in receiving tickets as you feel it is too short notice.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment about this. We have to plan our productions based on countless practical considerations not least the limited resources we have at our disposal to work within, thus we can't offer everything that every individual might ideally like, and indeed due to on-going budget cuts and cost savings we can't necessarily maintain what has been done in previous years. And the bottom line is that we really can't do so on the basis of how train and hotel operators choose to charge or how employers handle staff leave requests.

We do value your feedback about this. All complaints are sent to senior management and I’ve included your points in our overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Thank you once again for getting in touch.

Kind regards

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jan 18 2019, 04:19 PM
Post #53
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
The acts and songs will be revealed from 10am next Wednesday!

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Jan 18 2019, 04:37 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
So excited this time around!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Jan 18 2019, 11:43 PM
Post #55
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
I can't ever bring myself to have any excitement.

+Quote this post
ScottyEm
post Jan 19 2019, 12:18 AM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 519
when they sent Legends last year, it made me think that the BBC do give the slightest of shits at this old game. So, I will treat 2019 with the ever open mind I always do. I genuinely think the BBC is something we should nourish as best as we can especially on this political shitstorm but I’m reluctantly in agreement with some that perhaps Eurovision should be managed elsewhere...?

This post has been edited by ScottyEm: Jan 19 2019, 12:19 AM

+Quote this post
mald487
post Jan 22 2019, 01:24 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091
You know I haven't actually had a problem with any of the acts we've sent since we introduced You Decide. All of them did great in their final performances. Joe & Jake did the best they could with a lacklustre song, Lucie gave one of the best performances of the night and SuRie considering what happened did amazingly to get through that.

The problem is the songs that the BBC are handing them. They are aiming for songs that they think will 'do well' as opposed to songs that will win and that is a recipe for the bottom 5.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jan 22 2019, 01:44 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(mald487 @ Jan 22 2019, 01:24 PM) *
The problem is the songs that the BBC are handing them. They are aiming for songs that they think will 'do well' as opposed to songs that will win and that is a recipe for the bottom 5.

100%, Storm especially felt likeone of those "definite qualifer but bottom few" songs that a lot of smaller countries send with not a lot of effort, given that we have such a music scene that's renowned around the world, I think we can do a bit more than that, especially given that we have an automatic spot in the final anyway laugh.gif

That and it's asking a hell of a lot for both the BBC *and* the public to get it right, they have a song like Legends but the public are like nah and choose a 6/10 good enough this'll do type song drama.gif

+Quote this post
Tangela
post Jan 22 2019, 03:01 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Tangelic
User: 23,643
Tbf though Legends fell completely flat on the night, a shame cos it sounded great on record.

+Quote this post
mald487
post Jan 22 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091
QUOTE(Queen Rosemary @ Jan 22 2019, 03:01 PM) *
Tbf though Legends fell completely flat on the night, a shame cos it sounded great on record.

This is risk you run with national finals in general I think. The songs appear online and fans get excited about one song in particular that sounds great in studio form but falls flat on the night. Then another less amazing song is performed better and because most people are only seeing them for the first time they just go with the best perfomance which is totally understandable.

In hindsight if the acts had more time to prepare and rehearse then who knows..maybe Legends would have gone through, but again this is another issue with the current format. The stronger songs(usually faster/dance songs) which require a more complicated stage routine look messy because the artist hasn't had time to nail the performance down properly.

Why not just pick 1 great song internally e.g. Legends, have 3 months to iron out all the creases and 200% ready in May?

I know some people don't like Internal selections but national finals sure as hell aren't helping the UK at the moment.

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:12 AM