BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure, 22/10/21
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post 29th November 2021, 04:50 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
QUOTE(Chemistry @ Nov 29 2021, 04:02 PM) *
The Guardian has named I Do This All The Time as their best song of the year! Very deserved.

Wow, that's great for her. It's certainly up there as one of mine <3

A real breath of fresh air, I'd not really heard anything like it before and it's quite astonishing that it never caught on even in a small way commercially.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 29th November 2021, 05:12 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Far too unique a song to take off in this day and age sadly.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 29th November 2021, 05:34 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Yes I thought as much as I pressed send on that post, sadly. It's the sort of thing that released 20 years ago would have sounded like and been a surefire smash (with the right exposure, of course).

+Quote this post
Jade
post 15th March 2022, 11:49 AM
Post #44
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
I'm really late to this, I enjoyed 'I Do This All The Time' in BJSC but then never ended up checking out the album after not massively getting into the title track or 'Moody'. However I was reading an interview with her yesterday and on top of coming across as super likeable, she was discussing the lyrical themes of some of the songs and I knew I instantly needed to hear 'I'm Fine'. Ended up loving that and 'How Can I Help You' which was also discussed (that energy!! slight Kanye vibes?! and love the sentiment of the video) so I've listened in full this morning. 'Still Reigning', 'It's Been A While' and 'You Forever' were also jumping out to me the most on first listen happy.gif her lyricism is really unapologetic and endearing.

Other random observation: her voice was reminding me of Nicola Roberts a bit in places towards the end of the record

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 02:05 PM