BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Request: Please don't share today's chart spoiler!, (Until it has been officially revealed by Radio 1)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 26th May 2023, 10:11 AM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Hi!

I know we're all very excited about finding out where Padam Padam will chart today. I imagine there's a chance that the information will be shared elsewhere (such as SayHey) in advance of the Radio 1 official chart.

However on BuzzJack there's a rule that we can't share official chart positions until they've actually been revealed by Radio 1 (in terms of Top 40 singles).

I know it'll be difficult when no doubt we'll be dying to talk about it, but if you could hold off posting about it until after Radio 1 reveals, that would be appreciated. If somebody does post it in advance, the post will be deleted anyway!

Thank you from the chart mod team / management!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 26th May 2023, 10:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

I wonder what Kylie stan on Popjustice (or elsewhere) has access to such detailed info? I’ve been enjoying getting the midweeks data every morning with a full breakdown of streams and sales

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 26th May 2023, 10:22 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

^^ They do the same for every Kylie release, daily updates and sales breakdown - love that they can get their hands on the info.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 26th May 2023, 11:00 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'm gonna be listening to the chart show with excitement, and hoping nobody in the fandom spoilers it for me beforehand ph34r.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 26th May 2023, 11:03 AM
Post #5
Group icon

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ May 26 2023, 12:00 PM) *
I'm gonna be listening to the chart show with excitement, and hoping nobody in the fandom spoilers it for me beforehand ph34r.gif

I'm thinking of doing the same actually ohmy.gif I don't tend to listen to the chart but it's not everyday we get to hear "a new entry from Kylie Minogue" and it would be lovely to find out the position there and then wub.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 26th May 2023, 11:08 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Same - I’m going to steer clear of SayHey and other sources where the single position will likely be announced before its official.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 26th May 2023, 12:28 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The chart position and sales information is literally everywhere right now - stay off social media if you want it to be a surprise. I’m gutted that I’ve seen it without looking for it, I wanted to enjoy the chart announcement moment!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 26th May 2023, 12:57 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(___∆___ @ May 26 2023, 01:28 PM) *
The chart position and sales information is literally everywhere right now - stay off social media if you want it to be a surprise. I’m gutted that I’ve seen it without looking for it, I wanted to enjoy the chart announcement moment!

cry.gif That's a pity!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 26th May 2023, 01:02 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension

QUOTE(___∆___ @ May 26 2023, 01:28 PM) *

I'm guessing by that it's definitely top 40 then laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm trying my hardest to avoid it, can't help but feel one of my friends might send me a DM before time or something drama.gif

Oh well, we can celebrate the announcement each week it gets higher!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 26th May 2023, 01:08 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I’ve also seen where it’s debuted as well!

I obviously won’t post but do we think that it could’ve actually been higher had it been released on Friday or did the Thursday release help it gain exposure? I mean it’s definitely surpassing expectations and continuing to climb on streams so it’s possible this week may not even be it’s peak laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 26th May 2023, 01:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

It's odd it's leaked so widely so early in the day.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 26th May 2023, 01:26 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(JLJ @ May 26 2023, 02:08 PM) *

I obviously won’t post but do we think that it could’ve actually been higher had it been released on Friday or did the Thursday release help it gain exposure? I mean it’s definitely surpassing expectations and continuing to climb on streams so it’s possible this week may not even be it’s peak laugh.gif

I’d be shocked if this week was its peak - we have CD singles announced, plus it’s holding up on iTunes and gaining on streaming and it’s all but confirmed we will be getting remixes and a 7” vinyl release, plus I’m sure radio play will increase and I’m sure UK promo could happen, plus there will be a general media buzz around todays charts.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 26th May 2023, 01:40 PM
Post #13
Group icon

QUOTE(JLJ @ May 26 2023, 02:08 PM) *

It seems like Padam Padam sold approaching 1000 downloads on the Thursday, so really if all of those buyers had had to buy it a day later instead, on that basis it could have been higher in the chart thinking.gif

Unless we go with theory that it being out on Thursday created an extra day of exposure which in turn helped to improve its fortunes during this full release week. We'll never really know!

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ May 26 2023, 02:12 PM) *
It's odd it's leaked so widely so early in the day.

Technically anything could leak early because the industry receives the charts around lunch time. Some of these industry people definitely pass them on to their friends... I'm not sure if it's an industry person or a "friend of" who likes to share the Kylie info! I do appreciate seeing the midweek info though and I look forward to seeing today's sales breakdown for Kylie later on. Doesn't seem like this happens often, but in theory it could!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 26th May 2023, 01:52 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Break the tension

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ May 26 2023, 02:02 PM) *
I'm trying my hardest to avoid it, can't help but feel one of my friends might send me a DM before time or something drama.gif

Lo and behold, I've got a WhatsApp message from a friend but thankfully I can only see "Apparently it's leaked that she has..." without opening it. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 26th May 2023, 02:23 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ May 26 2023, 02:52 PM) *
Lo and behold, I've got a WhatsApp message from a friend but thankfully I can only see "Apparently it's leaked that she has..." without opening it. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Same, people have been so eager to tell me that even if I hadn’t seen it on socials I would have found out from insta DMs and WhatsApp messages.

That being said I love the swell of goodwill that people want to share her success.

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post 26th May 2023, 02:26 PM
Post #16
Group icon
You don't have to be fabulous to be good
User: 5,591

I opened Twitter and thankfully only the Aussie position flooded into me. But I’ll stay off for now, it helps that right now I’ll have a work meeting in Teams laugh.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 8th June 2023, 07:10 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Bumping this thread up as a reminder for tomorrow!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 8th June 2023, 08:38 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ May 26 2023, 12:00 PM) *

I'm going to spoil it for you teresa.gif

Kiddinnnnnng wub.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 8th June 2023, 08:39 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Oh just realised this is from before hahaha thought it was for tomorrow, did wonder why it said today!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:20 PM