BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
50 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Premier League 2020/2021
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Steve201
post 18th January 2021, 03:46 PM
Post #421
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

We do lose a lot with fab and Hendo in the defence unfort!

Think City are heavily reliant on De Bruyne in terms of goals and assists and he’s so central to their attacks!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 18th January 2021, 03:57 PM
Post #422
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(steve201 @ Jan 18 2021, 03:46 PM) *
We do lose a lot with fab and Hendo in the defence unfort!

Think City are heavily reliant on De Bruyne in terms of goals and assists and he’s so central to their attacks!

We lose so much. City have been unfortunate they have had Aguero out too. Injuries happen though, it wasn't too long about that KDB missed basically an entire season.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th January 2021, 11:14 PM
Post #423
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Leicester very interesting. They are 1 point down on last season and top of the league.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th January 2021, 11:15 PM
Post #424
Group icon

Robert Snodgrass' omission from the West Brom squad beaten at West Ham on Tuesday is being investigated by the Premier League.

The former Scotland midfielder, 33, joined Albion from the Hammers on 8 January for an undisclosed fee, making his debut in Saturday's win at Wolves.

But he missed the West Ham game because of "an agreement between the clubs", West Brom boss Sam Allardyce said.

The Premier League will examine whether competition rules have been broken.

Under normal circumstances, Snodgrass would have been eligible to play against West Ham, as his transfer was permanent.

It is only with loan deals that such restrictions apply in the Premier League - in those circumstances, a player cannot face their parent club.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 20th January 2021, 09:24 AM
Post #425
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Taxi for Frank now surely? They're gonna finished below 'relegation candidates' Arsenal at this rate.

To spend £200M in the Summer and be where they are is criminal. I think Werner will come good as soon as he's actually played in the right position and not shafted onto the wing but Havertz is a total flop.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th January 2021, 09:55 AM
Post #426
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Dobbo. @ Jan 20 2021, 09:24 AM) *
Taxi for Frank now surely? They're gonna finished below 'relegation candidates' Arsenal at this rate.

To spend £200M in the Summer and be where they are is criminal. I think Werner will come good as soon as he's actually played in the right position and not shafted onto the wing but Havertz is a total flop.

I can't see how he lasts much longer, but a few teams have been in bad form this season and managed to pick themselves back up.

But to spend that much money and still look hopeless is disasterous. Werner looks absolutely terrible, I thought he would be top scorer! To be fair his best position for Leipzig was on the left wing, but he was played more narrow so almost an inverted striker I guess.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 20th January 2021, 11:45 PM
Post #427
Group icon

Decent 3 points for Man United. Showed a bit of fight and character although the ending was, as usual, too close for comfort.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 20th January 2021, 11:53 PM
Post #428
Group icon

Dean Smith after the game:

I asked the fourth officials did they get juggling balls for Christmas

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 21st January 2021, 09:57 AM
Post #429
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Iceman501 @ Jan 20 2021, 11:45 PM) *
Decent 3 points for Man United. Showed a bit of fight and character although the ending was, as usual, too close for comfort.

It was a good win for them, Fulham offered pretty much nothing and they did shut the counter attack down pretty well. Unfortunately for Man Utd this is them in 5th gear, I don't think they have enough ceiling yet and City are probably going to steamroll to the title now.

City's VAR decision was an absolute joke. I don't get the point of VAR if they don't use it. I understand how the referees will judge it, but that rule needs binning. Just like letting a passage of play run even though it's clear as day someone is offside (and even then this is not consistently done)

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 21st January 2021, 10:38 AM
Post #430
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Still not convinced by City yet. Since the Manchester derby they've played West Brom, Newcastle, Brighton, Palace & Villa all at home and their next 3 games are West Brom (again), Sheffield & Burney. About as easy a run as you could want. Only impressive win in between was Chelsea away but they definitely played them at the right time.

Their February fixtures will give a better indication of their credentials. Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal & United in the space of 5 games. KDB might be injured now as well.

Agreed on that offside decision yesterday. How on earth that wasn't given I've no idea.

This post has been edited by Dobbo.: 21st January 2021, 10:39 AM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 21st January 2021, 11:24 AM
Post #431
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Dobbo. @ Jan 21 2021, 10:38 AM) *
Still not convinced by City yet. Since the Manchester derby they've played West Brom, Newcastle, Brighton, Palace & Villa all at home and their next 3 games are West Brom (again), Sheffield & Burney. About as easy a run as you could want. Only impressive win in between was Chelsea away but they definitely played them at the right time.

Their February fixtures will give a better indication of their credentials. Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal & United in the space of 5 games. KDB might be injured now as well.

Agreed on that offside decision yesterday. How on earth that wasn't given I've no idea.

They've only conceded 4 goals since Liverpool. By the time they play us if they are more than 6 points ahead, the title is wrapped up. They could plausibly be on a 8-9 win streak and I don't think any team can match that this season. United can't take points off their rivals this season either, that might have been enough in the Fergie years but not in this season. Plus I still think City have an extra gear to go if they really need to, the only other team playing at half a pace is Liverpool but unless we hit a patch of a form (starting with 3+ wins on the trot) we will just focus on the CL and play for Top 4.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 21st January 2021, 08:30 PM
Post #432
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

How can you say the titles over with united three points clear 😂 City are a different proposition with de Bruyne in without him anything can happen!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 21st January 2021, 10:29 PM
Post #433
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(steve201 @ Jan 21 2021, 08:30 PM) *
How can you say the titles over with united three points clear 😂 City are a different proposition with de Bruyne in without him anything can happen!

Because something is not quite right with us as shown tonight. I think some is down to the players but something is clearly not quite right with us. We play games at a snail pace these days and seemingly cannot buy a goal right now, as evidenced by Origi missing a one on one! We used to blitz teams and now we look absolutely toothless. I'm not going to stick the knife in as we have been spoilt so badly over the past 2-3 years but we do not have the consistency in us to win the league.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 21st January 2021, 10:39 PM
Post #434
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

No we haven’t played well since the start of last year (2020). I knew we wouldn’t win it from near the start of the season. But my point above was in relation to ruling United and Leicester out at this stage.

Love how the twitteratti all try and create a narrative about everything - Trent the best thing since sliced bread last year now he’s burned out. You can’t win the league EVERY year and Liverpool have been at their peak since 2018 now! Least we got one in last year, keeps me happy for life.

Fair play to Burnley, well deserved tbh!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 21st January 2021, 10:48 PM
Post #435
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(steve201 @ Jan 21 2021, 10:39 PM) *
No we haven’t played well since the start of last year (2020). I knew we wouldn’t win it from near the start of the season. But my point above was in relation to ruling United and Leicester out at this stage.

Love how the twitteratti all try and create a narrative about everything - Trent the best thing since sliced bread last year now he’s burned out. You can’t win the league EVERY year and Liverpool have been at their peak since 2018 now! Least we got one in last year, keeps me happy for life.

Fair play to Burnley, well deserved tbh!

City are still playing in 3rd or 4th gear, I think they can go up a level if they need to.

Trent's had a few bad games, although I actually thought he was quite good today but, he lost his head after the goal and his defending at times was sketchy. It really is like we play games like they are actually training ground games at times. We have had zero luck this year, really does feel like we sold our soul to win the league and now Lady Luck has absolutely decimated this season at multiple points.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 21st January 2021, 10:50 PM
Post #436
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

Liverpool's unbeaten home record had to come to an end at some point but I would never have expected Burnley to be the ones to end it. It makes the draw on Sunday feel more like a wasted opportunity now than it did on Sunday although I would still say it was a decent result. The table is still so close so Liverpool can't be ruled out and lets not forget that Manchester City drew with West Brom not too long ago. The contrast between this time last year and now in terms of the Premier League is very refreshing though!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 21st January 2021, 11:14 PM
Post #437
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Houdini @ Jan 21 2021, 10:50 PM) *
Liverpool's unbeaten home record had to come to an end at some point but I would never have expected Burnley to be the ones to end it. It makes the draw on Sunday feel more like a wasted opportunity now than it did on Sunday although I would still say it was a decent result. The table is still so close so Liverpool can't be ruled out and lets not forget that Manchester City drew with West Brom not too long ago. The contrast between this time last year and now in terms of the Premier League is very refreshing though!

It was always going to end during 2020/2021 with no crowds. Anfield gives that extra edge for us and even in our play our players have lost the adrenaline they used to have, we pull out of 50/50 tackles these days. I am just glad that it wasn't a rival that took the record, that gives me some comfort. We have no chance of the title, something is clearly not right with us, to play at the very top of football for 3 seasons looks like it's impossible, City couldn't do it last season and neither can we. I can totally see why we are being linked with Bissouma from Brighton for next season.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 22nd January 2021, 08:48 AM
Post #438
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

A lot of my mates have said they are shocked it was Burnley that took the record I for one knew it would be a team like Burnley or Palace as you always play a bit better against a top 6 side.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 22nd January 2021, 09:32 AM
Post #439
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(steve201 @ Jan 22 2021, 08:48 AM) *
A lot of my mates have said they are shocked it was Burnley that took the record I for one knew it would be a team like Burnley or Palace as you always play a bit better against a top 6 side.

It6's not particularly unusual for a team to lose a long unbeaten record to an unlikely opponent. Don't forget Liverpool's first defeat last season was at Watford. Back in the old First Division days, Brighton were the team to beat Nottingham Forest's 42-match unbeaten run (a record at the time).

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 22nd January 2021, 09:45 AM
Post #440
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Unthinkable what's happened to Pool this season of late, they used all their goals up in the Palace match!

I think it mainly has to be burnout. You can't keep up Klopp's insane energy levels with pretty much the exact same starting XI for season after season, legs are gone. Will be interesting to see if he can turn it around because this similar scenario played out at Dortmund and we all know what happened there...

+Quote this post

50 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:33 PM