BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Vigilante justice
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post 26th May 2018, 05:57 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

Was this OTT?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-57...-beaten-up.html

Shocking moment suspected burglar mumbles 'I'm sorry' as vigilante repeatedly kicks and punches him in the head 'after catching him red-handed outside home'

The enraged resident in Durham knocks the man to the ground with a single blow, kicks him twice in the head, and then throws him out of the property
The suspected burglar pathetically mumbles 'I'm sorry' as he lies helpless at the man's feet with an obvious wound to the back of his head
The clip surfaced on a private social media group and was shared last night
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 26th May 2018, 08:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Obviously Yes!!! Vigilante justice is not acceptable. We are a civilised society and we have a functioning justice system

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th May 2018, 09:33 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ May 26 2018, 09:15 AM) *
Obviously Yes!!! Vigilante justice is not acceptable.

What if he'd have stopped the instant the criminal was subdued?

If he had, then I would have deemed that acceptable.

We are a civilised society and we have a functioning justice system

If that's the case, then why are so many people unsatisfied with the light punishments handed out to many criminals?

+Quote this post
Silas
post 26th May 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

1 - Citizens arrest is substantially different to vigilante justice

2 - because people believe what they read in the daily hitler.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th May 2018, 10:04 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ May 26 2018, 10:48 AM) *
2 - because people believe what they read in the daily hitler.

How does believing criminals are not sufficiently punished, relate to the Daily Mail? The Mail does not set their sentences...

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 26th May 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

I was in a similar situation once and REFUSED to use violence when he tried to steal from me/ broke some of my stuff. I called the police instead. A LOT of people called me 'pussy' etc or 'mad' for NOT using vigilante justice, but I still maintain it was the right thing to do - just because he tried to steal did not give me the right to use violence.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 26th May 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

A bit how I feel when someone believes they can take away my right to live and work in Europe. Does that mean I have the right to kick their f***ing head in?

I don't think so.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th May 2018, 11:44 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Queef of Peace @ May 26 2018, 11:14 AM) *
I was in a similar situation once and REFUSED to use violence when he tried to steal from me/ broke some of my stuff. I called the police instead. A LOT of people called me 'pussy' etc or 'mad' for NOT using vigilante justice, but I still maintain it was the right thing to do - just because he tried to steal did not give me the right to use violence.

I assume it was not a physical attack? If it had been, then you would have been legally entitled to defend yourself.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 26th May 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 26 2018, 12:44 PM) *
I assume it was not a physical attack? If it had been, then you would have been legally entitled to defend yourself.

Being entitled to defend yourself does you no good if you have just been beaten to death trying to defend yourself from 7 foot 20 stone neanderthals....

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 26th May 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 26 2018, 12:44 PM) *

No, just possessions. If I had laid a hand on him over something like that, then I would have been in the wrong and he would have been the victim. The man who KICKED another in the HEAD was out of line. Self-defence is one thing, but attacking someone over theft is quite another.

Also, I'm guessing your favourite movies are the Kick Ass ones? tongue.gif

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 26th May 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 26 2018, 12:45 PM) *
Being entitled to defend yourself does you no good if you have just been beaten to death trying to defend yourself from 7 foot 20 stone neanderthals....

All the more reason to case the joint before you break in - or preferably choose a different career altogether...

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 26th May 2018, 04:31 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 26 2018, 02:53 PM) *
All the more reason to case the joint before you break in - or preferably choose a different career altogether...

this response makes no sense. We are talking about defending yourself from unprovoked attack being useless as a concept if you are outgunned. You changed the subject.

Quel surprise.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 26th May 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

Oh please, can we stop defending burglars? They are the criminals!
I'm not watching the video as I find stuff like that graphic. Maybe he went too far but nobody should be burgling from him in the first place

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 26th May 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

who is defending burglars?

defending law and order is what it is. Two wrongs dont make a right. As the gentleman now in hiding from the family of the man he killed has found out. Didnt save his way of life, make him happy, stop burglars or do anything to make the world a safer place. The sensible course of action would to have rung the police, let them deal with it, and make an insurance claim for anything they stole. Tedious, but you get to keep your life, and by the by you also dont risk getting killed yourself. It could easily have gone the other way.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 27th May 2018, 06:29 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 26 2018, 05:31 PM) *
this response makes no sense. We are talking about defending yourself from unprovoked attack being useless as a concept if you are outgunned. You changed the subject.

I admit I do that sometimes, but not in *this* case. It's very relevant to point out that if he hadn't gone out burgling in the first place, he would not have got beaten up!

QUOTE(Ronald McJackson @ May 26 2018, 06:38 PM) *
Oh please, can we stop defending burglars? They are the criminals!

Hear hear!

If you live by the sword, then you accept the risk of dying by it.

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 26 2018, 06:46 PM) *
who is defending burglars?

defending law and order is what it is. Two wrongs dont make a right. As the gentleman now in hiding from the family of the man he killed has found out. Didnt save his way of life, make him happy, stop burglars or do anything to make the world a safer place. The sensible course of action would to have rung the police, let them deal with it, and make an insurance claim for anything they stole. Tedious, but you get to keep your life, and by the by you also dont risk getting killed yourself. It could easily have gone the other way.

But the police can't be everywhere, and why should my insurance premiums get hiked though no fault of my own, if, say, some junkie breaks in & steals my stuff?

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 27th May 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 27 2018, 07:29 AM) *
I admit I do that sometimes, but not in *this* case. It's very relevant to point out that if he hadn't gone out burgling in the first place, he would not have got beaten up!
Hear hear!

If you live by the sword, then you accept the risk of dying by it.
But the police can't be everywhere, and why should my insurance premiums get hiked though no fault of my own, if, say, some junkie breaks in & steals my stuff?

You were replying to an incident involving someone else, not the posted topic.

I didn't realise that theft was "living by the sword" and that we had the death penalty for it. I think you are mistaken and if you are suggesting that I think you will find that is also against the law.

Diddums. Oh much better to have mass murder and false claims of burglary then than you have to suffer paying a bit more in insurance. By the way I want my £900 back from the loss of disposal income from YOUR actions voting for Brexit.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 27th May 2018, 01:57 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 27 2018, 12:13 PM) *
I didn't realise that theft was "living by the sword" and that we had the death penalty for it. I think you are mistaken and if you are suggesting that I think you will find that is also against the law.

I'm astonished you haven't heard that proverb before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_by_the_s...ie_by_the_sword

Diddums. Oh much better to have mass murder and false claims of burglary then than you have to suffer paying a bit more in insurance. By the way I want my £900 back from the loss of disposal income from YOUR actions voting for Brexit.

Shouldn't that be £900/17,400,000 - I'll send you a cheque for 0.005p. rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 27th May 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Well, no, as you leavers would have to reimburse the entirety of the remain population - including those who lost their jobs due to Brexit - if we were goin down that route

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 27th May 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 27 2018, 02:57 PM) *
I'm astonished you haven't heard that proverb before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_by_the_s...ie_by_the_sword
Shouldn't that be £900/17,400,000 - I'll send you a cheque for 0.005p. rolleyes.gif

No, that's £900 PER HOUSEHOLD! This escalates on an annual basis so the longer you leave that cheque the bigger it gets.....

Of course I've heard that phrase before. I'm older than you. I've heard far more than you, sonny. You kids think you know it all, you should listen to your elders we know what's best for you tongue.gif

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 28th May 2018, 06:10 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ May 27 2018, 09:03 PM) *
No, that's £900 PER HOUSEHOLD! This escalates on an annual basis so the longer you leave that cheque the bigger it gets.....

No problem - you just have to persuade 17,399,999 other people to also send you 0.005p. laugh.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:03 AM