BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Black Panther 2: The Album, Beyonce Reportedly Curating!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post 29th April 2020, 09:10 AM
Post #1
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Beyoncé is reportedly in talks to helm the soundtrack work on the Black Panther 2. The music icon will use her star power to boost the profile of the upcoming Marvel movie after Kendrick Lamar curated the soundtrack to the first movie. Kendrick Lamar produced and curated the first movie’s soundtrack, which received critical applause. Black Panther: The Album debuted at the top of the U.S. album charts and received multiple Grammy nominations. It also received the accolade of being the Best Original Song nod for All the Stars.

Having also curated The Lion King: The Gift Beyonce has some experience in this and after how well received the project for The Lion King was I think we should expect big things from this too! It featured more than 20 other artists from Ghana, South Africa, Cameroon, and the United States - with one review calling it “a love letter to blackness.”

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 29th April 2020, 09:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

With the Black Panther 2 movie release date set at 6 May 2022 I expect we'll be waiting a while before anything music wise is released! I know that All The Stars was released just short of a month before the first movie was released so that puts us at April 2022 for new material laugh.gif I'm incredibly hyped for what to expect tbh, a mix of the Black Panther soundtrack and The Gift would be amazing ohmy.gif

Which makes me think that late 2020/2021 WILL give us something new from Beyonce: whether it's the rumored Destiny's Child return or a new Bey campaign I'm not sure but it's unlike her to have such a large gap between projects (aside from when she has a newborn!).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:23 PM