BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Stranger Things • Season 3, 4th July 2019 | SPOILERS NOW ALLOWED
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 6th July 2019, 01:46 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

This was, again, tv perfection. I LOVE this series so much! The last 4 episodes were outstanding. I love the chracterisation of this show as well as story development, the visuals, the cast.. Sfg.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th July 2019, 03:02 AM
Post #22
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Just finished watching! heart.gif Another incredible season, maybe my favourite so far? *.* I'll endeavour to have a second viewing with my dad before I'm firm on that opinion, but just... wow. wub.gif

It was visually superb throughout. Not just the spectacular action scenes, but things like the neon 80s look of the mall looked really cool. 1980s > 2010s x

All of the people who were under the control of the Mind Flayer, who came together & dissolved to form the larger monster... that was so gross! laugh.gif

Erica though *.* Such a scene stealer!

Robin is a great new character too. Her coming out scene was very nicely done. I appreciate that the writers didn't just opt to give Steve a girlfriend, but instead created a strong friendship for him.

I appreciated the humour scattered throughout. Surprisingly Joyce contributed to that! I like that she got a bit more depth to her personality in this season, rather than solely being a worried mom.

Hopper... cry.gif! I welled up when Eleven was reading the letter too. Intrigued about whether or not he'll be "The American" in the closing credits.

I need Season 4 now! If the gap between seasons is the same as S2 to S3, we'll have to wait until early 2021 cry.gif

P.S. I just screamed at this YouTube comment

Joyce Season 1: I HAVE TO FIND MY SON!!
Joyce Season 2: I HAVE TO SAVE MY SON!!
Joyce Season 3: WHY AREN'T THESE MAGNETS WORKING?!?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 7th July 2019, 09:44 AM
Post #23
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Ngl... (unpopular opinion alert)

Erica really annoyed & grated on me. You can be sassy without being annoying and irritating.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th July 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #24
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Leave x

+Quote this post
p a v
post 7th July 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #25
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

u can't spell America without Erica

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 9th July 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #26
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

i'm in love with robin and that's all i've got to say

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 9th July 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Watching this season now and enjoying this as much as the first season. The second season I found a bit dull in places and I dont think needed 9 episodes for the amount of story.

This however seems much pacier and more interesting. Eleven is actually more interesting than a grumpy irritating brat too!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 11th July 2019, 02:21 AM
Post #28
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I seriously cried at the ending, like I’ve never cried so much at TV show before yet when Joyce shut down the machine and Hopper died I was starting to well up, then El sees Joyce sobbing it started again... but when Joyce gave her the heart to heart letter I knew something was coming but holy shit it was so much more than I was expecting cry.gif I know they’re just characters but I was heartbroken and seriously sobbing at that point.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 11th July 2019, 03:22 AM
Post #29
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Okay but did they really have to give Billy a hyper abusive backstory to help justify his general douchery and then kill him off for his redemption arc? I just felt that it could have been handled a lot better if they had to kill him off. Robin is a fantastic addition to the cast and I LOVE the dynamics she has with Steve.

Also not to be that bitch but are we that convinced that Hopper’s really dead? I know that post credits scene didn’t reveal much but they referred to him as “the American” during the season, who’s to think he found a way to escape or that laser teleported him somewhere?

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 11th July 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #30
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

honestly i think he's just trapped in the upside down tbh

also, unpopular opinion but I really didnt like Hopper this season, all he did was get angry and scream at people when he didn't get his own way, he grated on me so much to the point that ending didn't affect me that much :')

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 11th July 2019, 12:49 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Interesting theory regarding Hopper: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a2835009...per-fan-theory/

Obvs spoilers in that link for anybody who hasn't seen the third season yet!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 11th July 2019, 01:10 PM
Post #32
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

okay but there was a time jump at the end, surely they'd have returned by then if they could, which that theory implies is possible?? what have they been doing for 3 months if that's whats happened laugh.gif

i think if he he was stuck at the otherside of the gate it explains why he hasnt come back and also sets up a plot for the next season of trying to get him back but they'll need to change it up a bit so its not just Will pt 2

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 11th July 2019, 01:59 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

I'm kinda over TV series ending with "omg is this character alive or dead?!" tbh

+Quote this post
p a v
post 11th July 2019, 03:15 PM
Post #34
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(linds @ Jul 11 2019, 03:01 PM) *
also, unpopular opinion but I really didnt like Hopper this season, all he did was get angry and scream at people when he didn't get his own way, he grated on me so much to the point that ending didn't affect me that much :')

this tbh. the way he handled "the talk" was ridiculous and not the way they intended to portray him throughout the entire show. this didn't quite make sense to me.

+Quote this post
megnano
post 11th July 2019, 03:44 PM
Post #35
Group icon
New Entry
User: 87,189

I love Hopper this season! And this season is so great. Season 2's finale was awesome, and I couldn't wait for this season!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 11th July 2019, 09:09 PM
Post #36
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

QUOTE(Conanderella @ Jul 11 2019, 04:15 PM) *
this tbh. the way he handled "the talk" was ridiculous and not the way they intended to portray him throughout the entire show. this didn't quite make sense to me.

ikr and even the way he handled being stood up by joyce, like it was so out of character and it's not like he had much reason to act that way either

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 13th July 2019, 08:26 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

There is no way Hopper is dead. The other Russians all got out somehow before the US guns reached them so there has to be another way or they would all still be in there. Also, there's no way he would die without us seeing it as it would be a total waste of a potentially huge moment in the show.

Oh and this season was great, really enjoyed everything about it again.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 14th July 2019, 08:23 AM
Post #38
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Finished this last night, absolutely amazing season, so tense and dramatic but full of laughs too. Interesting to see how long they can do on with it though

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 15th July 2019, 03:44 PM
Post #39
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

So I finished this in what is a very quick time by my own binging speeds - This was a great season! I was really surprised as it was much better than S2 and actually fixed a lot of the problems I had with it. The shorter overall running time helped as it definitely felt like there was a lot less filler than last time, even the non-supernatural love stuff actually was quite charming and fitted into the overarching theme of moving on and change.

Most of the characters are still as excellent as ever and I actually found all three/four storylines compelling even outside of the main gang, especially the Scoops Ahoy group. Robin was a fantastic and pretty effortless addition, and her reveal and future with Steve was a good subversion to what we were thinking which was really sweet, the female characters in general were well done this time, Joyce especially was so far ahead of her whining S1 performance it's insane and I'm glad Max had more to do. I liked that the Mindflayer expanded his scope and started affecting the minds of others Invasion of the Body Snatchers-style and it felt more politically in tune than last season maybe as it was involving a worldwide conspiracy. I'd have loved if he'd have used the army more than just dissolving them, but no complaints about the final monster, it looked stunning. In fact, the Battle of Starcourt Mall is surely one of their best ever episodes, almost perfect in every way.

Spoilery stuff~ Hopper wasn't at his best I agree, he's always been a bit of an arse, but it seemed a little over the line this time and while his death and the final monologue WOULD have been very effective, that kind of completely went out of the window with that post-credits scene where it was so obvious that he is the 'American' they've caught and the fact we didn't even see him die. It feels a bit cheap, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones did this too and it's worn off on me now. I guess he went to the Upside Down when the generator blew up, was found by the Russians at their base and he's being kept prisoner in order to use him as a weapon to attract the monster back or something, I guess we'll see. Billy, while he did get a good redemption arc, I agree he's been handled a bit generically overall and won't be the best remembered. He was a good face of evil, but I did see his sacrifice coming.

Saddest moment for me was Alexei cry.gif He looked so adorably happy with his Woody Woodpecker doll before he got shot

Impressive overall, I think there's certainly scope for at least one more season especially as the end landscape is pretty different this time, I hope their end goal next time is something other than 'close the gate'! I still want to know more about the Upside Down and why it exists, feel like the only thing that's been prominent from it is the Mindflayer and his minions.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 15th July 2019, 11:51 PM
Post #40
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Finally finished - I was way less hyped for the season and I'd avoided all spoilers, but I agree it was really strong. Season 2 was also very good, but they really messed up the series by trying to factor in a back door pilot in Eleven's adventure episode, it completely muffled up the pacing.

My only gripe really was there was so many cast members and a lot of them ended up not doing very much. I found Billy's death a little too predictable, but he had no use as a character left anymore I suppose. We also saw zero of the Upside Down world as well. But apart from that I just love this show - it manages to be a serious drama, but gets the humour tone spot on. Surely they can't leave Season 4 too long, otherwise the kids will be bloody adults at this rate.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 06:25 AM