BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Peter Kay's Car Share, BBC One | Did the format work?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Peter Kay's Car Share
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
Klaus
post 23rd May 2015, 03:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Peter Kay's Car Share was Peter Kay's first TV show since 'Britain's Got the Pop Factor' yet it had an interesting format as, each half hour episode was set in a car and featured only two characters, Peter Kay being one of them. British TV often struggle to find a big sitcom hit, just ask ITV with their sitcom 'The Delivery Man' securing less than 1 million viewers, but 'Peter Kay's Car Share' scored very high viewing figures and the highest rated sitcom premiere for four years despite its simple format and that the whole series had been released on iPlayer beforehand.

Now that the series has ended, did the format work as well for you? Is success in simplicity? Would it have even done as well without the star power of Peter Kay?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 23rd May 2015, 03:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
I've so far only caught the first two episodes but I enjoyed both a lot more than I expected, considering it's premise. The two characters worked so well together and a lot of it was spot on, especially Forever FM!

It's always nice to see British sitcoms doing well and so I'm glad that the audience took to it so well.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 23rd May 2015, 03:50 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I thought this was great, really made me laugh on many an occasion and the format was inspired. The chemistry between them was spot on too.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 23rd May 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #4
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
It's been the best thing on TV I've watched in a long time. When Peter Kay gets it right he really is up there with the best. The best viewing figures for a new comedy in four years I read, fully deserved. I haven't literally LOL'd as much as I did at the dogging episode for a long time.

+Quote this post
April
post 24th May 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
It's refreshing to see a comedy doing well without it being a Christmas special of Mrs Brown's Boys.

The programme and concept is odd on paper, but it worked really well.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 15th December 2015, 11:58 AM
Post #6
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Confirmed to be returning for a new series, which is written! Only problem is that they can't film in winter as they need as much light as possible so they're looking to film in May/June so it'll be a long wait. sad.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:47 AM