BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Classic Pop - Kylie Day, Top 10 countdown inside
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
___∆___
post 30th April 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Classic Pop Magazine are having a ‘Kylie Day’ tomorrow to celebrate the fact that Kylie is their biggest selling magazine, the countdown to their Top 10 Kylie songs starts tomorrow at 9am.

JOIN US AS WE CELEBRATE THE POP PRINCESS
Are you ready to do the loco-motion with us? Tomorrow we will be celebrating the one and only Pop Princess Kylie Minogue at Classic Pop.

Kylie has sold out venues across the globe, received a plethora of awards and released eleven top-selling albums in her career and shows no sign of stopping. Having headlined Glastonbury Festival last year with a setlist packed full of timeless hits, she reminded everyone just why she is the nation's Princess of Pop. It seems that everything she touches turns to gold.

She's also no stranger to us at Classic Pop magazine having graced our pages and covers several times and has become one of our most popular Classic Pop Presents special editions (which she she gave us an Instagram nod for!).

So this Friday we will be celebrating our top 10 favourite Kylie songs over on our Facebook page. With so many to choose from, what will make our list? You will have to wait and see.

We invite you to take part by visiting our Facebook page here. The countdown begins tomorrow, May 1st at 9am.
Link to their Facebook - https://m.facebook.com/ClassicPopMag/

They also have reprinted copies of their Kylie special which has long sold out and sells for about £30 on eBay!

Our ever-popular Kylie special is once again available to buy. With it being one of Classic Pop's best sellers we just had to find a way to bring it back for you, and we have. You can now get Classic Pop Presents Kylie from Amazon. So if you missed out this collectable special the first time, now is your chance to get it.

Magazine link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Pop-Presen...s/dp/B086PPJKL8
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 1st May 2020, 08:14 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

They have started their Top 10 Kylie countdown - #10 is SBIT

No.10 in our Kylie Minogue countdown: Step Back In Time!

Released in October 1990 as an homage to classic 70s disco and Motown (“When you can’t find the music to get down and boogie/ All you can do is step back in time”), this put Kylie in demi-disco mode, a new tack which had been set in motion by the previous single Better The Devil You Know. Taking pride of place on her Rhythm Of Love album, this overtook What Do I Have to Do? as the follow up to Better The Devil… and fared well: with the help of an equally disco-fabulous video, it managed a No.4 placing in the UK.

#KylieDay

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 1st May 2020, 09:47 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Iconic #9 wub.gif

In at No.9 in our list of favourite Kylie Minogue tracks is Put Yourself In My Place.

The second single from Kylie was masterminded by Jimmy Harry, who would go on to work with Britney, Pink and Madonna. It arrives innocently enough, dressed in the virtuous apparel of the classic lovestruck ballad, but as the chorus pierces this facade, Kylie’s voice is raw, intense, and saturated in the pain and frustration of a one-sided split. Oddly, the video found a fiery-haired Kylie disrobing in zero gravity. Still, one critic surmised that this “saw its maker mastering the pop ballad,” and we’d agree entirely.

#KylieDay

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st May 2020, 10:11 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

2 good songs and both so different, PYIMP is a slow burner for me, always liked it and always preferred it to confide in me ( which will prob be number 1 on this countdown) cry.gif but I like it even more in the last 2 years. SBIT is always great and I was always a fan of it.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 1st May 2020, 10:33 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

#8 is Shocked - not one that I would place so high but I appreciate it for what it is

In at No.8 on the Kylie Minogue countdown is Shocked.

From its unashamedly brash production – the DNA-remixed single version was all bustling beats and rhythmic piano stabs – right down to Kylie clad head-to-toe in dogtooth in the video, and UK female hip hop pioneer Jazzi P’s unforgettable rap segment, it’s fair to say that this is probably as ‘90s’ as it gets. While Shocked hasn’t necessarily aged all that well, it remains a nostalgic high-point of the period – plus, of course, its UK No.6 placement meant Minogue became the first artist to have 13 Top 10 UK hits in a row.

#KylieDay

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st May 2020, 11:06 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I disagree about aging, I think it still sounds fresh enough, it's my least fave of the 4 rhythm of love singles but still really like it. Shocked was a number 2 hit here in Ireland, it did well for kylie here it was her only top 3 hit from ROL,,BTDYK and SBIT both peaked at number 4 and WDIHTD peaked at 7.

This post has been edited by Feel_The_Fever: 1st May 2020, 11:08 AM

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 1st May 2020, 11:16 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

#7 - always loved this wub.gif

Love At First Sight is No.7 in our Kylie Minogue top ten countdown.

To clarify, we refer not to the squeaky clean filler from her debut album, but to Fever’s feel-good funky disco divination. Co-written by Kylie with Biffco and released in the heat of the summer, this evoked those Music-Sounds-Better-With-You moments and blissful sun-worshipping afternoons. Johan Renck’s single-take video with its Tron-like blocking provided a future-friendly mis-en-scene, with resplendent costumes and choreography doffing a cap to Pet Shop Boys. A UK No.2, held at bay by Junkie XL’s Elvis mash-up, A Little Less Conversation.

#KylieDay

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st May 2020, 11:26 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Always a big fan of love at first sight, should have been single 2 in my opinion ahead of in your eyes. Loved the cd single release for it, it had a great package overall plus had the cant get blue monday studio version.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 1st May 2020, 12:04 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Thoughts - too low for this pop classic?!

Better The Devil You Know takes the No.6 spot as one of Kylie Minogue's best tracks. Do you agree?

Floor-filling keys, a whirling dance-pop backdrop… as the new decade got underway, this was a sea change. Finally asked about her own music taste (Cathy Dennis and D-Mob), at long last Kylie was nightclub-bound. It supposedly referenced Michael Hutchence, and Nick Cave noted how Kylie’s angelic delivery juxtaposed against the sinister verse held a bone-chilling intensity, calling it “one of pop music’s most violent and distressing love lyrics”. This bouncing bastion of dancefloor frivolity took Kylie to the top across Europe and beyond.

#KylieDay

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st May 2020, 12:44 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Far too low which prob indicates a few top 5 surprises.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 1st May 2020, 01:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Some Kylie classics making the cut.
I regard myself a fan of both Shocked and Put Yourself In My Place but neither would place in her 10 best songs.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 1st May 2020, 01:08 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

What an iconic was to start the Top 5

What do you make of our Kylie Minogue countdown so far as we head into the top five? No.5 is Where The Wild Roses Grow, a stunning duet with Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

#KylieDay

+Quote this post
pippa
post 1st May 2020, 01:12 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Welcome surprise for Where The Wild Roses Grow achieving Top 5 status.
Beautiful, haunting, yet soothing song and similar to Breathe, failed to achieve the success it deserved.
A key single in Kylie's career.
Unlike Breathe, it has been lucky in increasing its sales through streaming.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st May 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Always loved WTWRG, thankfully this was one song that done anything here in Ireland at that time, I always relate to song to the IP album even though its not on it. This is a kylie single that helped see her differently and brought her credibility from places she had never got. That number 11 peak still annoys me, I'd have loved this to have gone top 10 in the UK like it did in Ireland.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 1st May 2020, 01:21 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

When performed at Glastonbury it stood out so different from all the other hits performed.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st May 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It did which was good, in some ways, i'd have liked an IP medley leading into the performance (a) just to give those singles some exposure and *(b)it would have given a section to the show of her non pop years

+Quote this post
pippa
post 1st May 2020, 01:28 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

That would be very enjoyable but the platform was used to showcase the big hits people would know of so it may not have worked on this platform.
In an Arena tour, it may fit the crowd better.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 1st May 2020, 01:32 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

WTWRG wasnt a big hit either but it was an important single in her career which is prob why it was performed where some kind of bliss, did it again and breathe aren't.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 1st May 2020, 01:35 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Having Nick Cave by her side for Glastonbury was special to Kylie.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 1st May 2020, 01:40 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I Should be So Lucky and Can't Get You Out of My Head deserve a placement in the 4 songs remaining.
Big moments in Kylie's career.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:41 AM