BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pop Forum Advent Calendar, Door 24... FINAL DAY ��
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 9th December 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #41
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

wub.gif fabulous choices for GA and Spice Girls (yaaas at your choice of deep cut, Jonjo)! Issues is lovely too.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 9th December 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Yas "Biology"! One of my GA faves and a modern day classic <3

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 10th December 2017, 08:55 AM
Post #43
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Day #10...
Favourite Song Ever!

Cameron

Well... This is quite a moment isn't it? I was never quite sure what my favourite song of all time would be. I could easily have gone down the Buzzjack route and picked All This Time, but I thought it would be best if I had a good think about this one. I would like to start with my other honourable mentions for It's All Coming Back To Me Now (Meatloaf and Marion Ravens version) Battlefield (Jordin Sparks) and Too Little Too Late (Jojo) which are all incredible. The funny story is that you know how much us pop mods love Kelly Clarkson, but I never realise how much I love her until album release time. Especially if I am drunk... Fond memories of this song are me lying on my best friends kіtchen floor drunk crying to this because Kelly hit her high notes (in the studio version... I know...) and watching the music video over and over as a child finding out why she ran away in her wedding dress. A vocal performance that outshines all your basic favs firmly makes this my favourite song ever.

Jonjo

It was only until the beginning of this year that I actually deemed this song to be my favourite song of all time. It really hit me, during 'Statements' in MelFest, that this has withstood the plays, time and hype for me. Majority of the hype was from myself, granted. But it was all with good reason. It's an absolute monster of a pop song. So euphoric and huge. Even still to this day! Every time I hear this, the volume goes to full. Seriously. I still go batshit every time I do hear it. Gah. Flaw. Less. heart.gif

Ultrareputation

And let's make it two mods going with a song by Kelly from the Breakaway era as their favourite song ever. Because Of You has been my favourite song since basically I pretty much got into music and still remains my favourite today. Kelly's vocals are phenomenal on this and utterly heartbreaking, the part before the final chorus ALWAYS gets me. I usually will end up crying when listening to this and lyrically the song can't be topped for me. This is just a perfect ballad, a perfect song and my ultimate favourite song ever. <3

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 10th December 2017, 09:06 AM
Post #44
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Should have just renamed this as "Favourite Kelly Clarkson Song" 😂😂

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 10th December 2017, 09:36 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

Great to see how much love Kelly gets on here! wub.gif

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post 10th December 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938

All the love for Kelly! ❤️ BTHE was actually the song that sold Kelly to me! (Liked SUBG but this one done it for me). I remember first hearing it at 3am as I was awake with a toothache, so I put the music channels on and this played. Loved the song and video straight away ❤️

+Quote this post
TS0301
post 10th December 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 23,648

Love Kelly but Euphoria wins this one wub.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 10th December 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #48
Group icon

All of the singles from 'Breakaway' are excellent, possibly the best run of singles from an album this century (my fave is the title track), but I prefer "Euphoria" to your two picks tongue.gif It took a while for me to succumb to Jonjo's hype but seeing her performance at the Eurovision semi final truly sold it to me wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 11th December 2017, 03:19 PM
Post #49
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Day #11...
Should Have Been A Single.

Cameron

What the actual f*** was going through her head when picking the final single from the Revival era? Obviously, Kill Em With Kindness is a jam, but Sober shits all over it. I am sorry but it is the truth. This track is POP PERFECTION with Selena actually showing she can belt quite a fair bit. The 'buh buh buhs' are always stuck in my head. I am addicted!

Jonjo

A day late heehee.gif but this is one of my all time favourite songs by one of my all time favourite artists. It really should have been a single from the 'My December' album, but her label messed that era up so much for her. This song is so hauntingly beautiful and emotional. It came out at such a pivotal moment for me. heart.gif

Ultrareputation

This would have gone to either 'Cruel' (Foxes) or 'New Romantics' (Taylor Swift) but they were eventually singles, albeit FAR too late. So I'm gonna go with what I still wish was the LG3 lead single and one of my favourite Gaga songs ever, Gypsy <3 This is just a classic Lady Gaga anthem and easily my favourite song from Artpop, the middle-8 slays and the chorus goes off *.*
(Me being the only person to not go for a song called Sober this round laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 11th December 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Sober 2x ha impact

+Quote this post
Riser
post 12th December 2017, 02:31 AM
Post #51
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Dec 11 2017, 10:19 AM) *
(Me being the only person to not go for a song called Sober this round laugh.gif)
Should've gone with Lorde! kink.gif

I actually heard Kelly's 'Sober' on the radio at the time. Tbf it wasn't more than a few times but I remember it fondly wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th December 2017, 02:40 AM
Post #52
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Yaass at the Kelly love, Sober not being a proper single is ridiculous </3 And ofc BTHE is beyond incredible and flawless x

All those 3 picks for best song ever are in my top 5 laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th December 2017, 07:49 AM
Post #53
Group icon

Day #12...
Favourite Music Video Ever.

Cameron

This one has taken a lot of thinking. I will be 100% honest and admit that I am still unsure if this is actually my favourite music video ever, but there is just something so charming and beautiful about it. The story is what really gets me the most, the whole 'losing her imaginary friend when she dies at the end of the video (well that is what I interpret it as)' breaks my heart. Zara and MNEK both look incredible in their solo shots - there is something about videos shot in Iceland which are just so beautiful!

Jonjo

Could've gone predictable with this but I kinda wanted a little swerve. So I opted for 'Picking Up the Pieces' by Paloma. Not only is it her best song, but it's such a fantastic, well directed and shot video. So chilling and haunting without being scary. The whole waxwork thing is stunningly done! Very underrated as a song and video imo.

Ultrareputation

I've already done Toxic & LWYMMD on other days, I don't want to overuse Taylor, actually scrap that. Blank Space is definitely one of my favourite music videos of all time, the concept is great and is executed perfectly. Taylor is fab in the video and the video became instantly iconic on release, I still use gifs from the video so often *.* I adore the storyline and the hitting the car/stabbing the cake>>>>>>>life.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 12th December 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #54
Group icon

Who's winning ladies and germs?

*tries to disguise the fact I'm annoyed and upset that nobody seems to be commenting grr*

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 12th December 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #55
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Day 10: Loreen
Day 11: Selegend
Day 12: Blank Space

there everyone gets one

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 12th December 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

Unexpected for both Jonjo and Cameron!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 12th December 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #57
Group icon

Er pretty random choices from two of you so based on those three videos, Sam tongue.gif I adore "Picking Up the Pieces" though and agree it's Paloma's best (singles rate soon please? wub.gif ) but I probably haven't watched the video for it since 2012.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 13th December 2017, 07:46 AM
Post #58
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*

Day #13...
Unlucky for some... But not in this case! An unusual Collaboration that worked so well

Cameron

I don't know, I just find it so unusual seeing a band and a soloist collaborate. I wasn't expecting this to hit me as much as it did back when it was released. This was during my phase as a MASSIVE Demi Lovato fan so of course, I was hyped for this.

Jonjo

Gone for another "deep cut" but this time from Leona Lewis. We had heard her on a Ryan Tedder song a few times before, but when it came to actually having a song where he shared vocals and the rest of the band putting their usual OR spin on things, I wasn't expecting it to happen. When it did, I was the happiest Ryan Tedder stan in the world. What a powerful collab wub.gif

Ultrareputation

I don't know if this can quite be classed as pop but I'm struggling to think of any other unusual collaborations that I love. This came out of nowhere for me and are two artists I would have never expected to have collaborated but this just works so well. Beyonce and Arrow's vocals compliment the production perfectly and this still remains fab today.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 13th December 2017, 08:22 AM
Post #59
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Somebody To You is good but nothing special, same for Leona Lewis x One Republic (even though I LOVE OR). Naughty Boy definitely wins this wub.gif

Other "Unusual collaborations that worked so well" that I can think of would probably be:
- Owl City x Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time
- Pink x Lily Allen - True Love (this isn't exactly unusual, but no one was expecting it so I guess it still counts)
- Zayn x Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
- Zedd x Logic x X Ambassadors - Transmission (I know this isn't at all Pop but it's still a fav of mine from 3 wildly different genres. Emphasis on the unusual here kink.gif)
- LuvBug x Scouting For Girls - Best Is Yet To Come (see above)

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 14th December 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #60
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*

Day #14...
Favourite Song From The Movies

Cameron

You can all hate me, but this such a bloody tune. Should have won bjsc when Aquafina entered it!!!1 Actually, I was torn between this and Breaking Free. laugh.gif I also nearly put Lea Salonga - Reflection from Mulan too. I don't know what it is about Gotta Go My Own Way, but I love it.

Jonjo

I go through stages as to what my favourite movie song is. So I shall just use one of my favourites and one of the greatest of all time. This song gives me so much feels! From THAT opening to the very end. It's all just a spine tingling moment. I am super stoked and excited to be seeing the stage show in March. And I just think this will be a huge moment for me to witness. Aaaahhh.

Ultrareputation

I'm surprised we somehow got this far without me choosing this masterpiece and one of the best songs of all time. Idina's powerhouse vocals completely slay everyone and everything, I adore the lyrics, its a sing-a-long anthem and the song and scene works so perfectly in the context of the film and all this stuff coming together makes this easily my favourite song from the movies of all time.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:19 AM