BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Jun 25 2016, 07:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Directed by Tim Burton, this looks really promising and I liked Asa Butterfield in 'X+Y' last year

Out at the end of September
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jul 25 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Saw the trailer for this, it looks really really good, and I've read the book, looking forward to see Tim Burton's adaptation of it and stars Eva Green as Miss Peregrine and Asa Butterfiield. Hoping the follow up books will get the same treatment.

Release Date: 30 september

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jul 25 2016, 03:46 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I agree that it looks really good and that's why I started a thread a month ago, merged tongue.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Oct 2 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Thought this was really awesome! It was a great one visually and it had me engrossed throughout. I liked that they all had a role to play when it came to the finale, Enoch and his peculiarity was my favourite and I love Asa Butterfield.

Really hope it performs well enough that they go ahead and give the big screen treatment to the other books too as I'd love to see the characters and their world again.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Oct 3 2016, 12:05 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
I loved it as well until towards the end when they gave Samuel L Jackson and his same "funny" character/jokes over and over again.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Oct 6 2016, 03:09 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Pretty enjoyable film but it probably could have done with a bit of cutting down, it did begin to drag just a little bit towards the middle. All the older actors were having fun in their roles, especially Samuel L Jackson was hilarious to watch and all the child actors did a good job too, I actually quite like Asa Butterfield as the lead so it's quite sad seeing him getting negative reviews for it. It sorted of reminded me of X-men but younger and not very useful powers but they were all a lot of fun to see on-screen, especially loved the really strong toddler running about shoving sofas into the doors to stop the Hollows and also the guy who made things come to life with the little hearts. The final scene with the skeletons vs Hollows was a lot of fun to watch to. A bit plot-holey in places but overall was enjoyable for sure.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 16 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Another excellent movie, love literally all Tim Burton films so glad this continued this! The cast were fantastic (Eva Green as Miss Peregrine *.*) and I loved the plot! I also loved that every character actually had something to do and that all the peculiars were memorable because they all actually had stuff to do and none of them were really hidden in the background etc! Great time watching this and a really enjoyable film!

Also had no clue that either Allison Janney or Judi Dench were in this ohmy.gif I adore both of them so it was a nice surprise seeing them in this!

9.5/10 (and this'll probably go up)

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post Oct 19 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513
As soon as I heard Tim Burton was directing this I knew it was going to be good! I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet because it really is an awesome film! It is pretty long though and there are parts which are rather slow, but overall I think it was a great idea and Tim executed it really well (as always) cool.gif

+Quote this post
richie
post Oct 20 2016, 07:10 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166
Saw this at the weekend and thought it was great. Not sure which parts could be considered slow though. If you mean scenes with a lot of expository dialogue then I'd say they're pretty important to getting the back story and the concept of time loops. All the better for it as far too many films these days are just action, action, explosion, splat.

+Quote this post
T83:Y96
post Oct 21 2016, 02:51 PM
Post #10
Group icon
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
User: 21,319
Just gotten back from seeing this and I thought it was great. All the actors were good, it was well-paced, and I like the fact it took time to explain things clearly instead of being just action, action, action.

I'd definitely want to see it again in the future.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:56 AM