BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Interstellar, November 2014
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Qween
post 7th January 2014, 10:42 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Still a long way off, but this looks/sounds brilliant and has a pretty great cast too: Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Matthew McConaughey, Matt Damon, Michael Caine. There's only a teaser trailer for now, but I'm a sucker for a bit of dramatic (synthetic) strings in a trailer.

I mean it's Christopher Nolan which ain't great (I KNOW, I'M IN THE MINORITY), but the premise sounds too good for even him to ruin: humans find a wormhole, travel through it, shit happens. YAY.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 31st July 2014, 03:03 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Trailer number 3 is out there and OH MY f***ING GOD.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-new-tr...-speechless-314

SPEECHLESS.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 31st July 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I saw this on the back of Guardians Of The Universe this afternoon, it looks pretty good and its directed by Jonathan & Chris Nolan, so you can't really go wrong.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 3rd August 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Fab!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 15th October 2014, 07:01 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

SO looking forward to this....

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 15th October 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I am so excited for this wub.gif
Will probably catch it in IMAX- I saw the trailer today with The Maze Runner

+Quote this post
post 17th October 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

VERY excited for this. Looks like a Gravity/Inception crossover. And MY GOD I love Jessica Chastain.

This post has been edited by Joe.: 17th October 2014, 08:23 AM

+Quote this post
post 9th November 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I loved this.

That is all.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 9th November 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #9
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

It's a good film. Thought-provoking, and the relationship between Cooper-Murphy is amazing. I almost choked up when he left her. Was heartbreaking!

However, my main criticism of the film is the science. I understand the film but the part where Cooper is trying to explain to Murphy how to solve the gravity equation after begging her to convicne his younger self not to leave, just went WAY OVER my head. How in that exact moment when he sacraficed himself did he fall in to that time-lull?? I got the impression that he said humans created what he was in to save humanity, but I just can't get my head around how that could have happened. It was all very mumbo-jumbo to me..

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 10th November 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847

Has such high expectations for this but for me it was a bit disappointing. I am glad I saw it as it kept me entertained but not nearly as good as many would have you believe.

+Quote this post
post 11th November 2014, 09:49 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Oh I thought it was really great. It kept me trilled throughout. I loved the scientific theories, as impossible as they properly are, it;s sci-fi and I found it really interesting. I thought the performances were really strong. I am a massive fan of Jessica anyway. And I also loved how it all ended.

1) The Dark Knight
2) Interstellar
3) Insomnia
4) Memento
5) The Dark Night Rises
6) Inception
7) The Prestige
8) Batman Begins

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 11th November 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

One of the best films of the year, bit hard to understand the whole concept as the movie went on, but in the end it fell together nicely. It did grind to a halt mid way as I felt it wasn't going anywhere, but the pace picked up a bit. I did feel the film was a tad too long though.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 12th November 2014, 10:14 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

yes, slightly over-anticipating more but it was very good anyway, a bit of a bladder-buster, and I could have done without the largely unnecessary "bad scientist" bit which was more dramatic-requirement than reality. Any scientist knows what happens when you open an unclosed airlock, that was just silly.

In terms of plots, it's all a bit of time-loopiness - the events couldn't have happened without them having already happened which could have been an interesting side-plot on the nature of fate vs black-hole time concept theories.

The cast were great though, the human drama needed, overall not much to complain about...

This post has been edited by popchartfreak: 12th November 2014, 10:14 AM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th November 2014, 12:07 AM
Post #14
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Davidson @ Nov 10 2014, 07:59 PM) *
Has such high expectations for this but for me it was a bit disappointing. I am glad I saw it as it kept me entertained but not nearly as good as many would have you believe.
Agree with this completely.

It was good, but it was hard to keep track of what's what and stuff. So it was hard to get fully involved in it. A bit confusing trying to work out how many years have passed and everything like that. I'm such a simpleton haha. But I did like it, but nowhere near as much as (like Davidson said) others would have you believe.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 13th November 2014, 05:29 PM
Post #15
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 9 2014, 11:56 PM) *
However, my main criticism of the film is the science. I understand the film but the part where Cooper is trying to explain to Murphy how to solve the gravity equation after begging her to convicne his younger self not to leave, just went WAY OVER my head. How in that exact moment when he sacraficed himself did he fall in to that time-lull?? I got the impression that he said humans created what he was in to save humanity, but I just can't get my head around how that could have happened. It was all very mumbo-jumbo to me..

I was confused by much of that part too.

My expectations weren't too high tbh, I just wanted to see it because of the hype so I'm not disappointed that I wasn't too fussed on it. To be fair with the running time almost three hours, it could've felt longer, I wasn't constantly waiting for it to wrap up. I did enjoy the ending and the cast is good but the whole concept didn't really grip me.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 20th November 2014, 06:15 AM
Post #16
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

This was SO amazing. As much as I liked TARS better than Cooper as a character, it was a stellar performance by McConaughey. And he's been landing ALL of the amazing film lead roles lately! WHAT HAPPENED

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 25th November 2014, 07:52 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Just saw this with my friend. I thought it was alright, but toooooo long.
The whole scene behind the bookcase was beautiful and needed, but I wasn't too invested so I found myself just wanting the movie to be done by this point.

My friend absolutely loved it, not my cup of tea however.

+Quote this post
David Beck
post 5th December 2014, 05:48 AM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,322

Interstellar is the one of the best movie of 2014. It is a science fiction based film that’s why the concept is little bit hard to understand. But overall movie is very nice, at the end you will not get disappoint from the movie. You will enjoy the movie and Jessica Chastain too. dancing.gif

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 9th December 2014, 10:01 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"Interstellar" is undoubtedly one of the most hype films of this year! It had its world premiere in late October and in my country, it has been in the cinema for five weeks. I felt so excited with the visual spectacle of "The Dark Knight Rises" two years ago and there was no way to miss the new film by Christopher Nolan. I had watched the impressive official trailer and it was one more reason to watch this movie. I imagine that after the huge success of last year's "Gravity", we will see many other movies that are based on space and this of course is something very positive because these kind of films are always spectacular on the big screen!
"Interstellar" had many positive features but it also had some serious drawbacks. Christopher Nolan made a purposeful job and he combined science fiction with emotion and human relationships. Also, he co-wrote the screenplay with his brother Jonathan Nolan. The visual and sound effects were excellent while the photography in some scenes were particularly awesome. It had elaborate montage while the music of Hans Zimmer gave a grandeur to the overall result! Some instrumental songs which were heard during the film were epic! The acting was quite good and Matthew McConaughey gave another ground-breaking performance after "Dallas Buyers Club". In the cast, we could also see the Academy Award winner Anne Hathaway, the talented Jessica Chastain and the incredible Michael Caine. Based on the inclusion of of these actors, you realise that the film could not have been bad. On the technical side, the film had a perfect result and I'm sure it will be nominated in several categories in the upcoming Oscars. Nevertheless, its long length was too tiring and the overanalyze information that had to do with theoretical physics, made it for quite a limited audience. I recognize the fact that The Nolan brothers managed to write this script, to visualize and also to explain it to the producers and actors but I do not think that it had the same effect on the viewers (unless they are students of theoretical physics). Literally, I had a headache when I left from the cinema after trying to take in all the information having to do with the fifth dimension and space-time. It had some script gaps which made it even more obscure and in the last quarter of the film I wanted to get up and leave from the cinema hall. Unfortunately, the film did not have an intermission. Maybe that played an important role although I have seen several films with similar overall length in the past and I did not have the same feeling. The Nolan brothers could have removed some analytical information and they should have added them to the special feautures of the dvd, so that only the fans of the film retrace them. However, I want some time to watch "Interstellar" again because I think it needs a second screening or perhaps a third.
"Interstellar" has managed to earn more than $590.000.000 and it's one of the most commercial movies of the year. It has been loved by thousands of fans worldwide and it has received a very high average score on IMDb (8.9). It is placed in 15th place and many people are talking a lot about this magnificent result. Personally, I consider it quite overrated for receiving such a high score by so many people because I am sure that the majority of them did not understand a lot of things from the movie. Maybe, they are extremely enthusiastic about it. I would put a unit less because I had headache in the cinema and this does not happen often to me. However, it is worth an 8 for the super spectacle that it offers you and the soundtrack will give you goosebumps (especially "Stay").

This post has been edited by Insomnio: 9th December 2014, 10:02 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:20 AM