BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sweden (Melodifestivalen) · Eurovision Song Contest 2019, John Lundvik - Too Late For Love
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Oct 11 2018, 09:26 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Sweden 2019
Too Late For Love
John Lundvik

Follow John:

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Oct 11 2018, 09:26 AM
Post #2
Group icon
The rumours for next year's Melodifestivalen are underway, with former FO&O member Oscar Enestad the first name being reported by Aftonbladet. The Lovers Of Valdaro are already confirmed after winning the wildcard during the P4 Nästa competition in the summer.

Who is on everyone's wishlists for the biggest national selection of the season?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 11 2018, 09:35 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I'm dying for Ava Max to be the Margaret/Kamferdrops type international artist who enters as Sweet But Psycho has gone #1 although I don't know if it's a bit late in the day for this year for her to be in. But either way, imagine her with a Kempe or the Debs write? *.*

From last year's bunch, Renaida returning would be fab and maybe Olivia Eliasson with a bigger and better song to break through. Molly Sanden giving it an 18th try and doing a Sanna Nielsen would also be great tbh.

+Quote this post
LexC
post Oct 11 2018, 10:58 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
We’re probably due another run for the title by Oscar Zia in 2019 I’d imagine.

+Quote this post
jakee
post Oct 11 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #5
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
hopefully it gets its act together next year — last year bordered on the horrifically self-indulgent

that benjamin ingrosso winner was the epitome of style over substance / instagram app voting

get back to good hooks

This post has been edited by JAKE: Oct 11 2018, 11:42 AM

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Oct 11 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I really don't see why Melfest would even be on the radar for someone like Ava Max? Kamferdrops was at least Norwegian and Margaret had competed to go to Eurovision previously.

Renaida and Olivia would both be welcome returns, I have a horrible feeling that John Lundvik may have another turn.

I know Felix got a fantastic result this year and I'm never one to turn down a twink (especially before actually hearing the song) but the prospect of Oscar isn't overly exciting me as Felix was my easy favourite from FO&O.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 11 2018, 12:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I do agree Jake, app voting continues to kill anyone but known quantities and last year’s lineup wasn’t the best final on paper.

Amazing live though, the technology has come pretty far. If they figure out to balance it with a few risks, that would go a long way.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post Oct 11 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363
I would like to see Meg Myers and Elias in 2019. Elias has some really unique songs that could stand out in the contest (but I'm afraid he would do a Dotter though). However, I think Sweden should try to send a joke entry in 2019 since their Swedish humor is brilliant (Love Love Peace Peace and De Vet Du ironies?).

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 11 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Agreed on a winner who isn't an attractive young male with a safe pop song too actually laugh.gif Sweden at its best is stuff like Undo, Popular and Euphoria, those huge choruses and great pop songs that aren't just a bit Spotify and plodding. I really liked DYO in the end but after Heroes, I Can't Go On and If I Were Sorry (which wasn't even a good song) it just felt yet more of the same. Give me a Kempe or Debs or G:Son song with a huge chorus anyday!

QUOTE(Sc▲ry J @ Oct 11 2018, 01:04 PM) *
I really don't see why Melfest would even be on the radar for someone like Ava Max? Kamferdrops was at least Norwegian and Margaret had competed to go to Eurovision previously.

I didn't say she would, just a random thought as she's had a Swedish smash

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Oct 12 2018, 08:13 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
I think the 4th to last place on the televote for Dance You Off might give Sweden an overdue kick up the backside and realise there's only so long they'll get away with presenting the most slick stage show but leaving the song as an afterthought in a song contest. If they keep doing this and the juries don't play ball either one year then they'll find themselves propping up the scoreboard.

They do need to go with something slightly more leftfield one of these days but I worry that the app element and the continuing high influence of the international juries may mean we won't see a properly interesting entry from them for a while. I do wonder if Amazing could potentially have overhauled Euphoria in 2012 if the app vote had been a thing back then - that would have been a crushing loss for Eurovision.

I do still have faith however that Sweden will still latch onto a properly outstanding entry if one is presented to them, but there's not been anything particularly incredible in Melfest for a good few years now for me.

+Quote this post
ScottyEm
post Oct 13 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 519
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Oct 12 2018, 09:13 AM) *
I think the 4th to last place on the televote for Dance You Off might give Sweden an overdue kick up the backside and realise there's only so long they'll get away with presenting the most slick stage show but leaving the song as an afterthought in a song contest. If they keep doing this and the juries don't play ball either one year then they'll find themselves propping up the scoreboard.

They do need to go with something slightly more leftfield one of these days but I worry that the app element and the continuing high influence of the international juries may mean we won't see a properly interesting entry from them for a while. I do wonder if Amazing could potentially have overhauled Euphoria in 2012 if the app vote had been a thing back then - that would have been a crushing loss for Eurovision.

I do still have faith however that Sweden will still latch onto a properly outstanding entry if one is presented to them, but there's not been anything particularly incredible in Melfest for a good few years now for me.

This.

I think Sweden are in Plato mode. Good Plato mind, still stratosphere’s ahead of the UK, but they at least know they’re not resistant to poor placings. I’m hopeful for a better MelFest next year...

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 15 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Seeing on Twitter that Wiktoria, Jon Henrik, John Lundvik and Nano are back, as well as Arvingarna (Sweden 1993).

Happy with Wiktoria back but could do without the others laugh.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Oct 15 2018, 05:53 PM
Post #13
Group icon
QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 15 2018, 06:37 PM) *
Seeing on Twitter that Wiktoria, Jon Henrik, John Lundvik and Nano are back, as well as Arvingarna (Sweden 1993).

Happy with Wiktoria back but could do without the others laugh.gif

And Jessica Andersson has said no to participating.

Is this finally the year that I prioritise Eurovizijos over the ever growing mess that is Malefestivalen?

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Oct 15 2018, 07:52 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
Omg Ava Max would be increidble

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Oct 15 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Hello?
Hopefully Wiktoria will deliver the best song of the year again wub.gif

+Quote this post
Esmerelda
post Oct 15 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 294
Will probably be Nano vs random attractive young guy singing a pop song with slick show with the latter winning. The rest of the finalists will be more random attractive young guys singing pop songs, an old dude with a joke entry and Wiktoria- the only woman the app voters don't hate with a passion.

+Quote this post
ScottyEm
post Oct 15 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 519
I found both previous Wictoria songs quite excruciating, Im dumbfounded as to why so many fanboys are standing her. Not a particularly good live vocalist either.

I’ll grab my coat.

This post has been edited by ScottyEm: Oct 15 2018, 09:07 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 25 2018, 12:19 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Margaret, Ann-Louise Hansson and Magnus Carlsson rumoured.

Margaret is a YES, IMC was great, imagine if she came back with a better song? *.* Ann-Louise would be competing for a 14th time (!) without winning and ofc Magnus is from Alcazar and is behind Mot mig I gamla Stan, so he can stay away x

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Oct 25 2018, 12:56 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Hello?
Hansson did make up one third of one of the greatest Melodifestivalen moments though (basically the Asda Skegness HR ladies let out for the night), god give her some more OTT schlager and not an old-bore ballad.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Oct 26 2018, 11:14 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Marika Carlsson, Eric Saade , Kodjo Akolor and Sarah Dawn Finer are the hosts!

+Quote this post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:15 PM