BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
57 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor • Series 15
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 8th June 2018, 11:06 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Apparently Ricky Martin, Mel B and Robbie Williams are all in line! I could see any of them being true, Mel is fab on AGT (and was fab on both UK and Aus X Factor) and seems to get on well with Simon, Ricky has worked with Simon for La Banda in America and he was a judge on The Voice in Australia so has experience, and Robbie always seems to be rumoured laugh.gif I'd love Mel and Ricky but Robbie can stay away tbh.

If there's all those 3 then my Sharon as wildcard theory may be wrong lmao and perhaps she's just an impartial 5th judge to keep it out of deadlock (surely they'll go back to that format after last year was a bit muted without it) or something? She never seemed to really bother with or care about mentoring so it's not like it'd be a huge loss if she was just an extra impartial judge.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 8th June 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

As if this is back on in 2 months :’)

+Quote this post
danG
post 8th June 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #23
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

There seems to be very little hype, I really think its ratings are only going to sink lower. It's going to have to do a lot to improve again for me.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 8th June 2018, 11:31 PM
Post #24
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I think the show just needs to maintain some consistency. Get a current, modern judging panel and stick with them for a couple of years at the very least. Encourage contestants to write and perform original material again, as that really felt refreshing last year, but otherwise keep the format to the traditional 12 acts (and maybe wildcards) with one leaving a week. Keep bootcamp, six chairs and judges' houses as short as possible as they're the more tedious parts of the competition. And don't muck the format around the following year! All Simon has to do is look at BGT and how stable that has been over the years. It's still getting impressive ratings. Speaks volumes!

+Quote this post
danG
post 8th June 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #25
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

they really need to cut down on the auditions/bootcamp, that really dragged last year.

and please no flash votes or prize fights.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th June 2018, 11:46 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Exactly, they fiddle around with it so much (the shortened format in 2015 for example and then whatever on earth last year was) that they lose the heart of the show. Last year was the worst yet, a decent bunch of acts really but the prize fights were horrendously dull, especially when we'd seen who went at that point and then at the end they tried to make the prize fights a thing :') They don't need all these stupid twists and stunts and showy bits, one of the best things about X Factor was that you'd settle down to watch the results on a Sunday and it'd be a huge event, the sing-off would be really tense and then it'd go to deadlock and there'd be a shock and it'd be all the nation talked about the next day.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 8th June 2018, 11:46 PM
Post #27
Group icon

QUOTE(danG @ Jun 9 2018, 12:42 AM) *
they really need to cut down on the auditions/bootcamp, that really dragged last year.

and please no flash votes or prize fights.

I can see why they introduced the prize fight, it's a new idea and ends the week on a more positive note, but it just didn't work in execution and *has* to go this year. Bottom 2 and judges' vote has to return, it's a classic part of the X Factor format and often the most talked-about part of the show!

Bootcamp in particular really drags out I think, it's a pretty pointless part of the show and honestly I think they could simply do a BGT and have 15 minutes at the end of the last auditions episode, where the judges' cut the longlist down for six chairs.

+Quote this post
juicemore
post 9th June 2018, 06:28 PM
Post #28
Group icon
New Entry
User: 72,879

I'm sure cheryl will be returning - I think her and Louis hate each other so another reason why he was fired, I mean left......

+Quote this post
juicemore
post 9th June 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #29
Group icon
New Entry

Kylie would be fantastic

+Quote this post
juicemore
post 9th June 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #30
Group icon
New Entry

Louis Tomlinson Zzzzzzzz.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 9th June 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

I'm probably going to do the same as I did last year and skip the auditions - you see enough clips of them throughout the rest of it anyway laugh.gif

+Quote this post
juicemore
post 9th June 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #32
Group icon
New Entry

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jun 9 2018, 07:31 PM) *
I'm probably going to do the same as I did last year and skip the auditions - you see enough clips of them throughout the rest of it anyway laugh.gif

I like the auditions. I think the live rounds were too short last year - over too early although it was good that it finished way before christmas. They should finish two weeks before christmas and then (prerecord?) a christmas special to play out xmas day with all the contestants from the series.

This post has been edited by juicemore: 9th June 2018, 07:06 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 9th June 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I think they should just end it and try a new show that attracts viewers. This is never going to do well again, and with good reason, it's trash now!

+Quote this post
juicemore
post 9th June 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #34
Group icon
New Entry

QUOTE(Jack @ Jun 9 2018, 09:36 PM) *
I think they should just end it and try a new show that attracts viewers. This is never going to do well again, and with good reason, it's trash now!

One man's trash is another man's treasure wink.gif

Except Love Island natch. That's just trash.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 9th June 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #35
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

I agree tbh, it was getting beaten in the ratings by Pointless Celebrities and the 6 o’clock news in the ratings last year :’) they could always bring it back in a few years like Dancing On Ice.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 9th June 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #36
Group icon

The thing is, when ITV axed Dancing On Ice, it was underperforming by its own standards. They soon realised though that it was still getting relatively good ratings as nothing else lived up to it to fill the Sunday prime-time slot at the start of the year, hence why they've just brought it back. X Factor would likely be the same - unless they have a surefire smash hit replacement show for winter weekend prime-time, there's no point cancelling X Factor which still does decently, if nowhere near as well as it used to.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 9th June 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #37
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jun 9 2018, 09:57 PM) *
The thing is, when ITV axed Dancing On Ice, it was underperforming by its own standards. They soon realised though that it was still getting relatively good ratings as nothing else lived up to it to fill the Sunday prime-time slot at the start of the year, hence why they've just brought it back. X Factor would likely be the same - unless they have a surefire smash hit replacement show for winter weekend prime-time, there's no point cancelling X Factor which still does decently, if nowhere near as well as it used to.

The live shows were getting 4.5m viewers last year, which is stretching to the limits of what can be called a hit at that time of year, when ratings are highest in winter. I’m pretty if they moved Celebrity Chase an hour later it could get the same kink.gif I’m sure they could find something at those levels on a Saturday night. On Sunday they could even move the Thursday 8pm Emmerdale and Wednesday 8.30pm Corrie, with a drama and have a pretty solid schedule I guess.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 9th June 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

I hope this continues. It is pretty trashy but I still get some enjoyment out of it.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 9th June 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I do honestly think if they cancel X Factor and wait a year or so and have a new show with a new exciting format, it could do well. I think that is their best bet at this point.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 9th June 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

This.

Absolute trash.

It is so manufactured and fixed too. Remember them pushing Rak Su and sabotaging Grace at every turn? Awful show.

+Quote this post

57 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:04 AM