BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RuPaul's Drag Race // All Stars 4
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
diva las vegans
post Feb 18 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #361
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

How about allowing the judges (permanent judges and maybe even the guest judges) vote who goes out of the bottom 2 instead of the contestants? I honestly trust Michelle's judgement 100% better than I trust RuPaul's lol. I just feel like AS needs to change formats to work because this sure ain't working.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Feb 18 2019, 01:17 PM
Post #362
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(cantthinkofaname @ Feb 18 2019, 12:52 PM) *
How about allowing the judges (permanent judges and maybe even the guest judges) vote who goes out of the bottom 2 instead of the contestants? I honestly trust Michelle's judgement 100% better than I trust RuPaul's lol. I just feel like AS needs to change formats to work because this sure ain't working.

I think the format works fine.

Series 1 was ruined by the pairs twist
Series 2 tbh worked fine, apart from Roxxxy being kept in forever
Series 3 was ruined by the previous queens returning twist and the eliminated queens returning to decide the final 2
Series 4 was ruined with the previous queens returning and a poor double win twist

Basically keep the eliminated queens away from the show. Once they're gone, that's it. It worked on AS2 as the queens returning were actually good and had won challenges and there was an in built storyline with Phi Phi and the queens returning and taking her down. That's why it worked

EDIT - Ruined might be a strong word... maybe spoiled would be better

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: Feb 18 2019, 01:18 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 18 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #363
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I go backwards and forwards on whether I think the format should change, I don't think it should change too drastically and it's probably enough of a difference from main seasons. In my Manila elimination anger I remember saying Lipsync For Your Legacy was a bit stale, and it would be nice to see a fight to lipsync from the bottom queens, but I do also like having the two winners and a fight to win the $10k so I wouldn't want it to be totally the normal format.

Maybe though there could be a bottom 3 and the winner of the lipsync chooses one to save, then the judges decide who's eliminated out of the bottom 2 (maybe after another lipsync, but fitting all that into an hour show would probably sacrifice the challenge time which I don't want). That mixes All Stars and normal format, but then again with some of the decisions made by the judges in terms of bottom placements and top 2s in a challenge, I'd probably trust the contestants more laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Feb 18 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #364
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

Personally I don't think it's the format - it works well generally. It's the mundane challenges and uncessary twists.

Having the eliminated queens come back to fight for a place again is fine. There's usually a lot of drama involved which I love. Plus the challenge is usually quite nice/enjoyable (Naomi vs Gia/Monique vs Latrice were great lip syncs imo). There'll be one queen who leaves/gets eliminated whom has a strong following (Alyssa/Tatianna/BeDeLaCreme/Manila). That's usually great in terms of drama and can blow the competition wide open (Ben/Manila were the clear front runners).

AS3 would've been fine if the eliminated queens had no say. Shangela woud've 100% won if it was based on RuPaul's opinion and apart from Ben's elimintion, would've made for a great season.

I think another thing to take into account is the queens themselves. You need a very strong cast of queens for a great season. Whilst I thought the AS4 cast was great, I feel that Jasmine/Gia/Farrah/Latrice could've all been replaced with much stronger queens to make the competition very heated - Shea Coulee/Peppermint/Kim Chi etc.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 19 2019, 12:31 AM
Post #365
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Feb 18 2019, 06:54 PM) *
I think another thing to take into account is the queens themselves. You need a very strong cast of queens for a great season. Whilst I thought the AS4 cast was great, I feel that Jasmine/Gia/Farrah/Latrice could've all been replaced with much stronger queens to make the competition very heated - Shea Coulee/Peppermint/Kim Chi etc.

100% - on paper it was a great cast but it was quite 50/50 in practice. By the time Latrice went, I felt like that was the filler out of the way but then they brought back Latrice and as has been said, that period of a few weeks was just a filler section for the season which made it drag a bit.

Part of that is having such a quick turnover between AS3 and AS4, I'm sure I read Miz Cracker for example wanted to leave it a bit longer and I think Shea said the same so they had to scrape a bit (Jasmine Masters was always going to go home first for example). If they'd waited a bit and could have got Miz Cracke and Shea as well as the likes of Manila, Trinity and Valentina, that could have been incredible!

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Feb 19 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #366
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

I just can't get over how awful and cheap Monét's outfit that she wore after receiving the official crown is 🙁

+Quote Post
p a v
post Feb 19 2019, 08:06 AM
Post #367
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(365 @ Feb 18 2019, 12:13 PM) *
It feels so weird thinking Monet is an All Stars winner.

that's what I've been thinking. As well as much as I like Monet she's just not there yet at all

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Feb 19 2019, 09:14 AM
Post #368
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Conderella @ Feb 19 2019, 08:06 AM) *
that's what I've been thinking. As well as much as I like Monet she's just not there yet at all

Yes! I don’t hate Monet but for a winner she just doesn’t feel worthy yet.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 19 2019, 12:47 PM
Post #369
Brown cow, stunning!

Couldn't agree more, that's part of makes the tie infuriating too laugh.gif She just doesn't have the star power of Trixie and she didn't undoubtedly crush the season like Alaska, I loved her on season 10 but we didn't see much growth here which is the whole point of All Stars - look at Monique!

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Feb 19 2019, 01:23 PM
Post #370
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I think part of why AS4 failed is the selection of queens. I think the only ones that really should have been chosen for this season were Manila, Valentina, Trinity and Naomi as they have all proven to not only improve on their last appearance but just to show themselves to be worthy of being in this show.

Latrice is not versatile enough to be brought back for the second time. Her looks are ALWAYS the same and when she's "in character" it's basically just Latrice.
For Monét and Monique season 10 is still so fresh and their legacy hasn't really formed yet so to enter All-Stars less then a year after their season just felt rushed. Additionally they were glued together the entire season making it feel like they were a team (we all know neither was ever going to eliminate the other, don't even try me on this).
Farrah, Gia and Jasmine were all eliminated early in their seasons and basically just felt like early boot fodder. I think for an AS season to include THREE early boots was a mistake as none of them are really all stars worthy, despite how many IG followers they have or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I like Farrah and Gia (sorry Jasmine) but they didn't quite fit in here other than just for drama.

I wish they could have included some of these alternatives instead despite how unlikely (or flat out never gonna happen) most of these are:
Nina Flowers (S1), Ongina (S1), Pandora Boxx (S2), Jujubee (S2), Raven (S2), Yara Sofia (S3), Willam (S4), Courtney Act (S6), Trinity K. Bonet (S6), Laganja Estranja (S6), Pearl (S7), Max (S7), Kim Chi (S8), Shea Coulée (S9), Peppermint (S9) and if they HAD to include S10 queens: Kameron Michaels and Asia O'Hara would have made a lot more sense than Monét and Monique.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Feb 19 2019, 01:28 PM

+Quote Post
p a v
post Feb 19 2019, 09:59 PM
Post #371
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

I heard somewhere that Monet got the AS4 call when S10 was still airing. say whuuuut

in terms of improvement from their original seasons, Naomi is the biggest one for me honestly. She's just in a completely different league now. Went from 7/10 to a solid 9/10. Monique has improved as well when it comes to looks at least. She always had the charisma.

This post has been edited by Conderella: Feb 19 2019, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jun 11 2020, 12:33 AM
Post #372
#VoteGarden.Keh
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

thinking about how they wasted on double win on Trinity and Monet over MONIQUE AND NAOMI!!!

+Quote Post
StupidLove
post Jun 11 2020, 12:46 AM
Post #373
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 104,307
   No Gallery Pics

I really thought Trinity and Monique were going to win.

Looking back, Monet performed okay but a win? I don't know if it's deserving, given how she seemed in the background a lot on AS4. Naomi is great, but she was safe for the majority of the season and outside of the Lip Sync in red latex, didn't add anything memorable.

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jun 11 2020, 12:50 AM
Post #374
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

GIRL!!! The makeover! She should have been top 2 the girl group challenge, snatch game, was robbed of a high placement the Jersey Justice challenge, had the iconic and phenomenal Judy Garland lipsync and invented CLUB 96

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Jun 11 2020, 09:07 AM
Post #375
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Naomi was safe for the majority of the season because Ru is an idiot (sorry not sorry). She deserved to win on at LEAST three occasions and her runway looks were FIRE that entire season. That final 2 really should have been Trinity and Naomi and Monét should not have been anywhere near that final episode but w/e.

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: Jun 11 2020, 09:08 AM

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Jun 11 2020, 02:48 PM
Post #376
üüü barracüda
Member No.: 10,222
   No Gallery Pics

Monet should've been eliminated purely based on this abomination of an outfit. I can kinda see why she made it to the finale (if you ask me she should've been eliminated in episode 4 instead of Latrice) but really don't understand her joint-win. Trinity was more than deserving of winning it by herself but if they really wanted to push the double-win storyline they should've given it to Naomi.

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jun 11 2020, 02:54 PM
Post #377
#VoteGarden.Keh
   No Gallery Pics

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME!!! Monet is one of them queens who is clearly brill- so charismatic and warm, but doesn’t do all that well at the actual show- I am happy Latrice was eliminated when she was as she was even worse than Monet on AS4

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Jun 11 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #378
üüü barracüda
Member No.: 10,222
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(#VoteGarden.keh @ Jun 11 2020, 03:54 PM) *
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME!!! Monet is one of them queens who is clearly brill- so charismatic and warm, but doesn’t do all that well at the actual show- I am happy Latrice was eliminated when she was as she was even worse than Monet on AS4

I agree Latrice wasn't any better but she would've lasted probably one or two episodes more - still can't stomach she lasted longer than MANILA! cry.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 11 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #379
Brown cow, stunning!

Naomi or arguably even Latrice should have been top 2 over Monet for the rap challenge thing, and Trinity should have been top 2 over Monet for the makeover, plus she should have really gone over Latrice in Jersey Justice to be honest as shit as Latrice laugh.gif It almost feels to me like they decided Monet was gonna win all along

Trinity deserved the win fair and square, easily over any of the others, if anyone else should have shared it if they really HAD to do that, I'd have said Monique! I think that would have been a good storyline double win anyway for how much she improved between two seasons. It really just felt like they gave into the critiques of there always being white All Stars winners, and whilst it was certainly a valid comment, Trinity was by far and away the winner of AS4.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jun 11 2020, 04:08 PM
Post #380
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

Latrice should've won for that safari gown alone - it do take nerve and she had some f***ing NERVE wearing that on the runway!

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:07 AM