BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RuPaul's Drag Race UK // Season 1
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Feb 6 2019, 12:40 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Airing later this year on BBC3, a casting call went out a couple of months ago, I assume they'll film maybe over summer and air later this year.

Ru is on board obv and also as we all expected, Anglophile Michelle Visage is also coming to judge biggrin.gif Ik Ru loves the UK, but it was important to have Michelle on board I think as she loves British culture and will be more clued in and get stuff. British drag is so different, but like the Thai version it'll be great to see how it differs and what it can bring differently to the format, Thai drag is very look focused and the level of looks is so much higher, British drag has that British sense of humour and feels so different so it'll be great to see the format with a new approach.

There's obviously a wealth of potential guest judges, themes, challenges and lipsync songs that only Britian could bring us, and I cannot wait to see what they come up with! *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Feb 6 2019, 01:27 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
From the article announcing Michelle as a judge, it looks like the first season will only be 8 episodes, but they will all be hour-long!

I'm looking forward to seeing how the format is adapted to the UK, I'm not familiar with British drag at all so it will be a very new experience for me

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Feb 6 2019, 02:26 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
8 episodes seems fine to me

I actually think the last couple of series of Drag Race have (for want of a better word) dragged. Maybe its the week where both Queens are saved meant the competition felt slow at times... however its the same with all stars/ the returns queens etc it just unnecessarily elongates things

+Quote this post
LexC
post Feb 6 2019, 02:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
There has to be at least one 1970s End of the pier style queen in the first cast (to be the British “Porkchop”) for it to be properly representative of UK drag.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 6 2019, 02:46 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I'll be very disappointed if we don't get a very politically incorrect Snatch Game choice of Kate McCann or Karen Matthews tbh

QUOTE(ElectroBoy @ Feb 6 2019, 02:26 PM) *
8 episodes seems fine to me

I actually think the last couple of series of Drag Race have (for want of a better word) dragged. Maybe its the week where both Queens are saved meant the competition felt slow at times... however its the same with all stars/ the returns queens etc it just unnecessarily elongates things

Very true, AS2 for example had 8 episodes and that felt perfect - they still had the returning queens but the pacing was just right. I didn't feel like any episode was filler whereas with AS4 the roast and lipsync felt like filler as it was a couple of weeks where the competition didn't move on or change because nobody went home. More Drag Race is always fine by me but it doesn't have to drag when there's too many episodes. Especially this being the first season, they don't need to go too big before they know what works.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Feb 6 2019, 03:48 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
^ LMAO, they'd never include something so controversial, especially if they're trying to get the show to take flight, having characters like that would sink the ship in headlines before it even started.

I hang around in drag circles so I've caught wind of a couple of names who didn't quite make it and a couple who are likely to have made it. One I'm almost certain of. I really can't wait to see how it's done!

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Feb 6 2019, 04:02 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
I can't wait. 8 episodes seems good to me - especially if there's a double elimination. Some of the UK queens have absolutely amazing looks. Cheddar Gorgeous and Meth would be my top 2 picks to be on Drag Race UK. I am most excited about snatch game though - there're so many UK celebs to choose from. The humour is likely to be a lot more dry and sarcastic which is more up my alley.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 6 2019, 04:03 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Yeah they'd never actually do what I said on TV laugh.gif There are a wealth of great Snatch Game characters and I agree it's the more dry and sarcastic humour Britain is great at that I'm excited for in those kinds of challenges.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Feb 6 2019, 04:34 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
Here's a list of celebs I'd like to see/think we could see:

Royals: Queen Elizabeth II/Queen Victoria/Princess Diana/Camila/Kate/Meghan
Presenters: Cilla Black/Davina McCall/Claudia Winkleman/Susanna Reid/Mary Berry
Singers: Dusty Springfield/Shirley Bassey/Adele/Cheryl/Amy Winehouse/Susan Boyle/Spice Girls member (Victoria most likely)
Actresses: Audrey Hepburn/Judi Dench/Angela Lansbury/Helen Mirren/Julie Andrews/Emma Watson/Kate Winslet/Catherine Zeta-Jones
Models: Twiggy/Naomi Campbell/Kate Moss/Cara Delevinge
Comedians: Catherine Tate/Miranda/Jo Brand/Sara Millican/Dawn French/Jennifer Saunders

Then others like: Jade Goodie/Sharon Osbourne/Katie Price.

There also the possibility of fictional characters: Catherine Tate's Nan/Mary Poppins/Vicky Pollard/Tracy Beaker/Hermione/Lara Croft/Cruella de Vil.

There's a lot I've missed as well and some of the above are left field choices that could work or prove to be a disaster/boring.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 6 2019, 04:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I would 100% do Katie Price, Kerry Katona or Nikki Grahame laugh.gif

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Feb 6 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
I would live for someone doing Nikki Grahame pls someone make it happen!!

+Quote this post
LexC
post Feb 6 2019, 06:05 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
I mean Farah Moan is basically just Nikki Graham wearing highlighter so that figures!

I’m expecting at least one dodgy Gemma Collins and hoping for a Miriam Margolyes.

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Feb 6 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
Or Gemma Collins

+Quote this post
p a v
post Feb 6 2019, 11:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Hopefully they cast a US queen at some point too. Or one of the seasons could be UK v US. The options are limitless!

Oh and Katie Hopkins impersonation in Snatch Game is simply a MUST.

+Quote this post
post Feb 6 2019, 11:47 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I bet they’ll still do mostly American (or at least American known) celebs for Snatch game.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Feb 6 2019, 11:48 PM
Post #16
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
someone to do Karen Dunbar please

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Feb 7 2019, 12:44 AM
Post #17
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
QUOTE(Conderella @ Feb 6 2019, 11:25 PM) *
Hopefully they cast a US queen at some point too. Or one of the seasons could be UK v US. The options are limitless!

Oh and Katie Hopkins impersonation in Snatch Game is simply a MUST.

After 11 seasons of US Drag Race, I'm kinda confused why you want a US queen cast on the UK version already. Isn't the whole point showcasing the drag talent the UK has to offer? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post Feb 7 2019, 11:15 PM
Post #18
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
QUOTE(RobBob @ Feb 7 2019, 03:44 AM) *
After 11 seasons of US Drag Race, I'm kinda confused why you want a US queen cast on the UK version already. Isn't the whole point showcasing the drag talent the UK has to offer? unsure.gif

purely for drama and contrast

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Feb 7 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
What I'm most concerned about is the LSFYL on Drag Race UK, I hope there won't be a bunch of Charlie Hides who don't even bother putting on a show because "they sing live". I want to see the queens going for it, the same way the (majority) do on the original version

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Feb 14 2019, 04:04 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
Alan Carr and Graham Norton as judges!!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:08 AM