BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS - Music Video Quiz [Round 1]
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
troublepink
post 24th May 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

Thanks to everyone who took part biggrin.gif I haven't had a lot of time to do these results (oops heehee.gif ) so most of the text in the descriptions here is from Wiki wub.gif

1. Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

The music video for Blow Me (One Last Kiss) was directed by Dave Meyers and released in 2012 for the first single from the Truth About Love album. There are two versions of the video, the original, black and white, and a colour version.
The video begins with Pink having a picnic with her love interest (Sebastian de la Forza). The two lean in for a kiss, which is interrupted by him taking a phone call. Pink splashes him with red wine, and walks away through the trees. She meets another man on his motorbike (Alexander Ercheverria) and goes home with him. He draws a portrait of her. Pink watches through the window as many female guests arrive for a party the man has organised. During the party, she dances with one of the women until she is interrupted by the man who brought her home. Pink wears a black suit with her hair pushed back and dances with the woman (Mosh). The man gets down on one knee and proposes.
Pink accepts by giving him her hand but is disappointed to find out the proposal was meant for her dance partner. During their wedding ceremony, Pink is dressed completely in black, as if she is attending a funeral. A flying bike appears above the guests (Andreas-Holm Hansen), which is carrying a heart-shaped balloon. The balloon pops, and red liquid covers the guests as Pink sings and dances cheerfully. She joins the driver of the flying bike, and they fly away together at the end of this video clip across the countryside, into the sunset, under a bridge, over trees and up close to a big hill on the high flying bicycle with eagle wings.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Regina
Heezus Froot
Riser

No answer:
Liam

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Last To Know

The final single from Try This, Last To Know music video was released in 2004 and consists of clips from Pink’s Try This Tour.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Heezus Froot

Incorrect answers:
Riser - Get the party started

No answer:
Regina
Liam

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post 24th May 2015, 04:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Slaying so far

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 24th May 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

off to a good start angel.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 25th May 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

3. Nobody Knows

The music video was shot in London by director Jake Nava. The first scene features Pink in a hotel room (shot in The May Fair hotel) staring out of a window to London at night, that changes to sunrise. She then watches TV but finds there's hardly anything on apart from a melting snowman and puts her head under her pillow before accessing her laptop computer. During the video she messes up the room by throwing everything around, and she is later seen sitting in the fetal position in a shower. Another scene shows Pink walking down a street, past a couple in love and some drunken men. The video ends with Pink singing to an empty auditorium, pretending to do a real performance.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Heezus Froot

Incorrect answers:
Regina - Sober
Riser - Trouble

No answer: Liam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. You Make Me Sick
The third and final single from Pink’s debut album, Can’t Take Me Home. The music video for You Make Me Sick was directed by Dave Meyers

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Heezus Froot

Incorrect answers:
Riser - Family Portrait
Liam - Please Don’t Leave Me

No answer:
Regina

+Quote this post
Regina
post 25th May 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Raining Shitter

Continuing to slayyy kink.gif

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 26th May 2015, 10:38 AM
Post #6
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

I actually answered YMMS at random kink.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 26th May 2015, 03:09 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

5. Please Don’t Leave Me
Released in January 2009 from the Funhouse album. Please Don’t Leave Me was directed by Dave Meyers and has influences from Stephen King’s Misery, Cujo & The Shining.

Correct answer:
Lindsey
Regina

Incorrect answer:
Heezus Froot - So What
Riser - True Love
Liam - True Love

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. f***in’ Perfect
The music video for f***in’ Perfect was shot during Pink’s early pregnancy. The song was a single from the Greatest Hits… So Far! and the video was directed by Dave Meyers.
Pink explains that, while the video may be considered shocking, it is intended to open people's eyes to these problems. In addition, Pink believes the video is a message to everyone who needs help. Pink described the process of making the video as a "very emotional experience" and related the core theme of "f***in' Perfect" to her yet-to-be-born baby, saying, "I have a life inside of me, and I want her or him to know that I will accept him or her with open and loving and welcoming arms. And though I will prepare this little munchkin for a sometimes cruel world, I will also equip this kid to see all the beauty in it as well." She also noted that she expects the video to "ruffle some feathers", meaning it would cause controversy.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Regina
Heezus Froot
Liam

Incorrect answers:
Riser - Funhouse

+Quote this post
Regina
post 26th May 2015, 04:52 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Raining Shitter

Rollin with the winners tbh

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 26th May 2015, 05:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

my binge watching of Pink's music video has paid off so far cheer.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lindsey ♌: 26th May 2015, 05:28 PM

+Quote this post
Riser
post 26th May 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Just to needlessly defend my guesses here, True Love DID have vegetable chopping in the video, and that inflatable bounce house thing is basically a funhouse kink.gif

Oh well, someone's gotta finish last laugh.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 27th May 2015, 01:04 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

7. Leave Me Alone (I’m Lonely)
This music video consists of shots from Pink’s 2006 I’m Not Dead Tour. It was released as the sixth song from Pink’s fourth album, I’m Not Dead

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Regina
Heezus Froot
Liam

Incorrect answers:
Riser - Are We All We Are

8. Try
One of Pink’s best videos. Pink stated that the music video for Try was one of the most beautiful music videos of her career. It was directed by Floria Sigismondi and choreographed by the Golden Boyz and stunt choreographer, Sebastien Stella. The video is summed up in two locations: The indoor sequence where Pink performs a dramatic dance routine with her partner Colt Prattes, and the outdoor scene where they collide into one another in a desert. The video features flashes of color and is heavily metaphorical, portraying an unhealthy, tormented relationship through artistic usage of the two performers' bodies.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Regina
Heezus Froot
Riser

No answer:
Liam

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 27th May 2015, 01:11 PM
Post #12
Group icon
JanWasRobbed

QUOTE(Riser @ May 27 2015, 01:41 AM) *
Just to needlessly defend my guesses here, True Love DID have vegetable chopping in the video, and that inflatable bounce house thing is basically a funhouse kink.gif

Oh well, someone's gotta finish last laugh.gif

Queen.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 28th May 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

9. God is a DJ
Released as the second single for Try This, the God is a DJ video was directed by Jake Scott and features scenes of Pink and others getting dressed, having fun on a subway, and going to a nightclub. Pink then continues to bribe the bouncer to enter the nightclub ahead of the queue.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Heezus Froot

Incorrect answers:
Riser - Most Girls

No answer:
Regina
Liam

10. Who Knew
Who Knew music video was directed by a team called Dragon in April 2006. It features a young couple visiting a fairground and going on the rides, and at one point the boy puts a necklace on the girl. The video flashes back to the boy secretly injecting himself with drugs on a previous night while the girl is sleeping. At the carnival, when the girl is playing a game, the boy walks away. The girl realizes he's gone and follows him, but when she tries to get him to stay with her he gets violent. He goes to the back of the fairground to inject himself with drugs and breaks into a sweat. His girlfriend wanders around looking for him, and finds him unconscious; he has overdosed. She gives him a kiss, gives back the necklace and phones for an ambulance; after it has arrived, she walks away crying. The video is inter-cut with shots of Pink singing the song at the entrance to the fairground.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Heezus Froot

Incorrect answers:
Riser - Perfect

No answer:
Regina
Liam

11. Sober
The music video was directed by Jonas Akerlund and filmed in the last days of September in Stockholm, Sweden. It plays on a dream-like space between real and imagined over the course of a night. Pink hosts a party attended by a vamped up version of herself and the two quickly fall into bed, scratching and biting each other.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Heezus Froot

Incorrect answers:
Riser - Raise Your Glass

No answer:
Regina
Liam

+Quote this post
Regina
post 28th May 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Raining Shitter

Well poo sad.gif

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 28th May 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #15
Group icon
JanWasRobbed

Three iconique videos in a row wub.gif I love her trash look in God is a DJ and I can recall the Sober still because I went to Sweden around the time the video came out.. Who Knew, I've probably watched that a thousand times, so...

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 28th May 2015, 08:32 PM
Post #16
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

I almost put God Is A DJ for Q2 & 9 because of the jeans, glad I changed it laugh.gif I'm pretty sure they're the same ones, just a different belt happy.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 29th May 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma

12. Don’t Let Me Get Me
The music video for "Don't Let Me Get Me," shot by director Dave Meyers in January, 2002, shows shots of Pink in high school sitting on the sideline of a volleyball game, in a classroom and in the changing room yelling at her reflection, which is shown to be mocking her as she punches the mirror. Pink is then seen as an upcoming pop singer in producer L.A. Reid's office and shown posing annoyed for a magazine cover, which shifts to her waiting backstage and her performing to a large crowd at her former high school, in which she morphs into different people.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Regina
Heezus Froot
Riser

No answer:
Liam

13. Just Give Me A Reason
The video was directed by Diane Martel and photographed by Jeff Cronenweth. It was filmed in November 2012.
The video shows Pink lying on a mattress in the middle of an artificial marsh, with fog surrounding the set and a star-studded background. The video is highly symbolic and its storyline is indirect, with references supporting the song's theme, including a teddy bear, a TV floating on the surface of water, the water itself and a wall made of wood in the background. The scenes include Pink's solo mattress scene, another with Nate Ruess shows the two singers singing the song in a white, blank set, and a third scene showing Pink and her husband Carey Hart embracing and diving.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Regina
Heezus Froot
Riser

No answer:
Liam

14. Feel Good Time
Feel Good Time was a song recorded for the Charlie’s Angels soundtrack and the music video was directed by Dave Meyers.

Correct answers:
Lindsey
Heezus Froot
Liam

Incorrect answers:
Riser - Tears in Heaven

No answer:
Regina

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 29th May 2015, 02:19 PM