BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emma Bunton's Christmas Party - UK Tour in December 2022, Dates in Manchester, Brighton, York, Birmingham & London
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post Jun 4 2022, 11:03 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

A fan on another forum said that Emma told them that she will be doing a Christmas tour with shows at Royal Albert Hall, Brighton Dome, etc

Make of that what you will lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jun 4 2022, 11:09 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Jun 4 2022, 11:03 AM) *
A fan on another forum said that Emma told them that she will be doing a Christmas tour with shows at Royal Albert Hall, Brighton Dome, etc

Make of that what you will lol

Sounds made up to be honest as I can't imagine her selling out several venues.

But if it's true I'd assume she's doing a Christmas album. It'd be odd to do one with the grand total of one Christmas single.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jun 4 2022, 01:27 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

A Greatest Hits would be a better release than a Christmas album.

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Jun 4 2022, 07:49 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(pippa @ Jun 4 2022, 01:27 PM) *
A Greatest Hits would be a better release than a Christmas album.

True but the chances of that happening are pretty low. The rights to her catalogue are distributed across four different record labels (EMI, Universal, Polydor and BMG) dry.gif

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 4 2022, 10:15 PM
Post #5
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Hmm, a Christmas themed tour this year... which isn't even announced yet, despite the fact it would take place in 6 months? That would be very confident. Emma hasn't built up a reputation for touring, or for being associated with Christmas, so I think it would be a really tough sell. I know she did the Royal Albert Hall, but that was a one off event, off the back of her profile being higher because of the Spice Girls. I think if she's particularly serious about it then she should do the groundwork first and purely focus on a Christmas album before considering a tour.

Leona Lewis has a Christmas album from 2013, and a genuinely massive Christmas song - yet her tour, which was announced in November 2021, wasn't set to take place until December 2022. So her team wanted to ensure ticket sales over a long period of time [by the way, her tour got delayed until December 2023 because of her pregnancy]. I think Leona is someone who could attract audiences because the UK definitely knows 'One More Sleep'. Emma doesn't have that.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Jun 5 2022, 11:01 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

I would much prefer a new album tbh!

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Jun 5 2022, 11:17 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Jun 4 2022, 10:15 PM) *
Hmm, a Christmas themed tour this year... which isn't even announced yet, despite the fact it would take place in 6 months? That would be very confident. Emma hasn't built up a reputation for touring, or for being associated with Christmas, so I think it would be a really tough sell. I know she did the Royal Albert Hall, but that was a one off event, off the back of her profile being higher because of the Spice Girls. I think if she's particularly serious about it then she should do the groundwork first and purely focus on a Christmas album before considering a tour.

Leona Lewis has a Christmas album from 2013, and a genuinely massive Christmas song - yet her tour, which was announced in November 2021, wasn't set to take place until December 2022. So her team wanted to ensure ticket sales over a long period of time [by the way, her tour got delayed until December 2023 because of her pregnancy]. I think Leona is someone who could attract audiences because the UK definitely knows 'One More Sleep'. Emma doesn't have that.

Hhmmm Im not sure on this. Yes it will be an uphill battle if she is to tour, since she isnt an established touring act as a solo act. Not everyone sells out their tours and I wouldnt be expecting Emma to do that, specially when her first solo concert in over 20 years didnt sell out either (in fact it needed a lot of cheap-last-minute tickets to fill it up and even then wasnt sold out). But neither is Leona?? And even Mel C after 20 years touring didnt sell out her own tour this year in much smaller venues. At least Emma has a few triumphs on her:

1. She is a Spice Girl and a popular one at that, and will obviously capitalise on the Spiceworld25 announcements and promo. Hell, from what we are expecting of this year, we are expecting that the Spice Girls are announcing a new tour as well, so it might all become part of the excitement.

2. If she is touring to those sort of venues, they have an almost established family-Christmas shows audiences, specially if it can appeal to children too. Like, that is the main bread and butter of those places and most Christmas/family shows sell pretty well!

3. Emma is well known in the family-oriented audiences demographics due to her work on TV, radio and as a general celebrity. If she can get some nice guests (and she can), she will be fine!

If she does indeed do a Christmas single/album, then I figure she will be ok. No, she wont sell out the tour. I mean, Albert Hall is over 5000 people. Brighton Dome is 3000. Those are huge venues!

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Jun 6 2022, 08:58 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

she barely sold royal albert hall last time when she had an album out...

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jun 6 2022, 09:21 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

I wouldn't really assume it's true - Spice fans seem to have a fair amount of imagination over the years and until we hear anything from a reputable source I'm just going to treat it as a made-up rumour.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Jun 6 2022, 04:26 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,988
   No Gallery Pics

A Christmas album (as I've said before) is her only real viable option at this point to release music that doesn't cost her loads of money. BMG have said they will release another album if she brings it to them, an xmas album of mainly covers can be recorded in 2 weeks. It is her main chance of getting any playlisting too as Santa Baby showed this last 2 years (it has more streams than everything from My happy place bar Baby please don't stop).

A tour is ambitious but has been said it could/should coincide with some big Spice Girls announcements coming up which will deffo help. That coupled with her getting some xmas playlisting might have swung it for her to bite the bullet and do it.

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jul 2 2022, 05:16 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I no longer believe the tour rumour, if she was doing it surely she would have announced it by now or we’d hear something about venues being booked etc. Also the fact it is tour and not one off date at RAH makes me believe it even less I don’t think she would sell out the venues.

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Jul 20 2022, 12:55 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

"I’m working on my Christmas show right now, it’s my favourite time of year - to get up and perform my solo stuff, Christmas songs and of course, some Spice stuff!"

New interview

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jul 20 2022, 04:43 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Awesome looks like the shoes are happening then! I’ll definitely go to the RAH again if she does a show there!

Also I’m hoping for new music too even if it is clearly going to be a Christmas covers album lol.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Sep 6 2022, 04:18 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

The tour is happening !!!

Yes !!!!!

And how dare she announce it as the same time as spiceworld anniversary 😂😂😂

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Sep 6 2022, 04:20 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I imagine it will be a Xmas show at Albert Hall again though with 3 months to sell... she must have something lined up soon to promote it?

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Sep 6 2022, 04:29 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

It is the perfect size venues and 5 dates, it is exactly what she should be doing.

You gotta love Emma has no shame with making sure she rides any Spice hype. My happy place was what 6 weeks before the 2019 tour and SW25 is likely to be announced tomorrow.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Sep 6 2022, 04:33 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

5 dates? i don't think so... the 1 date in 2019 struggled.

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Sep 6 2022, 04:44 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Sep 6 2022, 05:33 PM) *
5 dates? i don't think so... the 1 date in 2019 struggled.

They are small venues 1k seats type thing. She is also doing meet and greets. I have no doubt she will do well, she wont struggle to get tv/radio promo slots and certain Spice fans will no doubt do every date.
We will have 2 months of SW25 hype by then too.

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Sep 6 2022, 05:13 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Sep 6 2022, 04:44 PM) *
They are small venues 1k seats type thing. She is also doing meet and greets. I have no doubt she will do well, she wont struggle to get tv/radio promo slots and certain Spice fans will no doubt do every date.
We will have 2 months of SW25 hype by then too.

Each venue has like 2000 seats. I am going to the Brighton Dome one as I will be in town then, so that checks! Not SUPER excited about this, as the Albert Hall show was a bit crap but hopefully she will do a lot of solo songs and group songs and that will be FINE teresa.gif

+Quote Post
sammy01
post Sep 6 2022, 05:20 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 6 2022, 06:13 PM) *
Each venue has like 2000 seats. I am going to the Brighton Dome one as I will be in town then, so that checks! Not SUPER excited about this, as the Albert Hall show was a bit crap but hopefully she will do a lot of solo songs and group songs and that will be FINE teresa.gif

York is 1.5k seats. I honestly don't think she will have a problem flogging 75% by December then sticking the remianing on groupon or something like that.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:34 PM