BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 6 Years ago today!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Simon.
post 3rd January 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

We were a week away from the release of...

No Can Do

• Has sold roughly 50,000
  • 2nd single from 'Catfights & Spotlights'
  • Chart run we have 170-105-94-83-23-36-44-66

Should this have been the second single? Do you think it was deserving enough to be a single? Could a single after this have worked?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Kuki Sanban
post 4th January 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,317

This era was just killed by the single choices. Every Heart Broken was just wasted, I remember everyone saying it was going to be the second single and then this happened...
It's not that NCD is a bad song, it's just that it makes a nice album track. And I've always been confused by their being no third single, a handful of the tracks from the album (in particular as said above EHB) could have given the era a third top 40 hit/ possible top 20 and given the album some much needed extra sales.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 4th January 2015, 12:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

This era angers me beyond words. Although not as much as the farce that followed it.

The album is really very good, on some days it's their second best for me, but this could not have been handled worse. Girls should not have been the lead. They should have broken protocol, because of how late in the year it was being released and unleashed a double A-side for the first single. Every Heart Broken/Murder One as the main lead and then chucked Girls on there as the other A-Side to tie in with the Boots advert.

No Can Do should never have been a single. I love it as an album track, but that's what it should have stayed.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 4th January 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Their worst single EVER and the worst single choice by any artist in the history of music.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th January 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It's infinitely better than the horrid mess that is 'Girls', which is exactly what I'd apply the above description to.

It really should have been 'Every Heart Broken' for this release though, but the album was dead on arrival to be honest.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 4th January 2015, 05:20 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Girls put the era on life support but this pulled the plug. A second awful choice in a row (although I don't hate Girls as much as some do)!

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 5th January 2015, 03:58 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 4 2015, 05:20 PM) *
A second awful choice in a row (although I don't hate Girls as much as some do)!

To be fair I don't think any other track from the album would have performed better, each other track would have gone top 40 at best imo.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:19 AM